blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 12:21:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 191650 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: November 28, 2011, 09:30:15 AM »

Well probably won't be playing until Thursday now but had a great day yesterday playing the turbos winning in the region of $2500, which has my roll at $12.5k.

Playing a sort of limited grind in terms of choice of tourn if I don't use pokerstars, so I have decided to add the 7 tourns around the 75$ and above mark, and going as low as $2r. I think the plan is to carry on with this grind until the wheels fall off, because I am thriving from the swifter structure, making better plays, enjoying myself more and making more consistent money.

When I have a $50k roll from playing this I look to bring in slower structured tourns but ones where the money is worth the wait so probably min buy in $109, and make the rest up in cheaper turbos.

Up $4500 for the month of November so far, I hope to add to that when i next play, probably in Thursday night.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 28, 2011, 07:58:18 PM »

Up in Sheffield atm and going for a curry in rotherham, apparently a very good curry there so going to experience that, then stay in with a few beers with mates tonight, then out in Sheffield tomoz night.

Think I'm going to a place called viper, don't know if any of u have gd ideas about what to do? On weds night going to Manchester to watch palace at old trafford to rid my 17 away games without a win.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 29, 2011, 05:06:39 AM »

Little grind tonight.

Think i am a little down but as i started at 2am i couldn't play the tourns i liked. I played in the 82 dolla hyper turbo on stars and got deep again but tightening up for the bubble cost me a realistic chance of making the final table. Most definately played well icm wise so i am happy.

Got unlucky in other spots where AK lost in a couple of flips to decimate a promising stack in a tourn with 1k ftw but generally it wasn't to be tonight.

Will be playing on friday night and quite possibly thursday night and will report back with how that goes.

CURRYHOUSE REVIEW

Went to a place in Rotherham tonight called Akbar's. The starter i had was lovely as were the naan bread and the decor but i have no idea wtf they did with the chicken tikka missalla. I have been to tens of places and haven't experienced a taste so bland in my life, completely ruined a straightforward dish and for the massive lead up to the main meal it fell so dramatically. So disappointing. I also have to deal with my usual surry house changing their recipe for their massalla as well so i am on curry life tilt atm. Searching and yearning for the "one" again.

Gonna probably update with my views on the man united game on Wednesday night, hopefully after an outrageous result.

Quick question btw, how long did it take you guys to find the right curryhouse for you, or a dish that that place do that just ticks all the boxes? I hate that i have to start the search again in south london when i get back and can just anticipate the constant annoyance awaiting me, until i find that special one, which will make it all worth while.
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 29, 2011, 07:56:01 AM »

I just go anywhere in rusholme (sp) usually pretty good

Just me
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 29, 2011, 07:28:49 PM »

I just go anywhere in rusholme (sp) usually pretty good

Ahh fair enough.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 30, 2011, 01:31:01 AM »

Would love to say I have pulled but I haven't. Going back with mates and scrolling blonde instead fml.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 30, 2011, 03:26:46 PM »

Up the Palace!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 30, 2011, 10:43:01 PM »

Up the Palace!

What a great strike from ambrose! Goal of the season? Felt so good to be here to watch that. Wary of Cardiff in the semis.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 02, 2011, 04:04:19 AM »

Had a 4 hour grind tonight. Did alright. $300 up. Got vul in some big entry tourns and didn't actually cash in any which dented profits. Also got d/c when hu in a tourn playing for 600$, I was 800k to their 200k, but role reversal by the time I got reconnected and eventually lost, was also 3/7 in a tourn with 800$ up top but bowed out 6th as I was blinded out

Feeling good about my tourn selection, just have to put in the large volume now.
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 02, 2011, 11:20:34 PM »

do u find that you play in cycles?

as in you play too tight then u loosen up and start winnning alot then u play too loose then start spewing off loads?

it keeps happening with me atm

not good

do you feel going to the gym helps ur game?

Just me
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 03, 2011, 02:40:13 AM »

do u find that you play in cycles?

as in you play too tight then u loosen up and start winnning alot then u play too loose then start spewing off loads?

it keeps happening with me atm

not good

do you feel going to the gym helps ur game?

With the cycles thing it was happening to me, I would always play too slow or quick mainly because of all the different timed structures confusing me, so helped myself out to only play turbos and super turbos. Meaning I don't have to vary my plays as often.

Gym definitely helps but I never go but everytime I do I see a marked improvement in my game so should pull my finger out really.

Had a session today which I didn't play very well in and without counting properly I would say I am break even to a little down. Goal now is to get the fitness and game selection spot on and to start knowing the diff styles on diff sites like the back of my hand
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 03, 2011, 03:23:26 AM »

Quick question btw, how long did it take you guys to find the right curryhouse for you, or a dish that that place do that just ticks all the boxes? I hate that i have to start the search again in south london when i get back and can just anticipate the constant annoyance awaiting me, until i find that special one, which will make it all worth while.

You live in Dulwich right?  Anywhere within 5 miles of there and you just have to go to Babur ainec.  http://www.babur.info/

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 04, 2011, 05:31:43 PM »

You live in Dulwich right?  Anywhere within 5 miles of there and you just have to go to Babur ainec.  http://www.babur.info/

cheers will give em a try one day.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 04, 2011, 05:34:30 PM »

Did something out of the blue today. Was in goal for my Sunday football team and by the end of the match i had scored three penalities and saved one. One of the things that gets me to play these things is if i get to take a penalty and was loving the chance for three pens, all of which i went top left hand corner with. Was toying with their goalkeeper a bit tbh because by the third one i think he knew where i was going but he was not going to get there.

Just wondering if this is a good omen before i start my grind today?
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 08, 2011, 12:39:48 PM »

Been a real sloth recently and it is terrible form. I am squandering life for the bed and pizza option and I am reacting against it today.

Gonna first clean and organise all my stuff, then set out an ideal working day and also what an ideal day off would be listing all different varieties and work towards that. On the working day I would be exercising for an hour a day reading for at least another 2 and then grinding pokers for 8-10 hours with a proper monitor setup.

On my day off I need to branch out a little bit. At the moment all I have is the pub as the thing to but that is getting a little boring only because that is all I have been doing for years. Going to gigs of different varieties, playing five a side football and squash and probably making more of an effort on the ladies front is on the day off agenda. Once I have all sorted though I will be integrating all pretty nicely.

Sick of the routine I have going atm and going to enjoy mixing things up.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: