blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 05:48:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 190354 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: December 22, 2011, 01:51:11 AM »

9/17
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 22, 2011, 02:06:11 AM »

argh

14th for 250 dorra

aq beaten aipf by 1010

o well.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 22, 2011, 05:19:19 AM »

Think i ended tonight up a nice amount maybe in the region of 500 pounds and i got duped into playing a mixed 20/40 game sitting in with 400 dollars and reloading to eventually lose 500 dollars. i had no idea how to play all games including nl holdem where on the cash stage i am useless. so a lesson learnt today, just to stick to what i know.

after spending a bit of money on xmas gifts i will need to drop down some limits to the around 55f dollar mark and just grind hard. probably playing tomorrow and all games between 11-55f on pokerstars, but i think i may be ill disciplined and play higher but i definately won't be playing any of the 100f.

got two seconds and a 4th today but unfortunately all in tourns that were pretty low guarantees, i also had two big final table bubbles to deal with. i am happy about this though because i am firmly knociking on the door for consistent high wins, i just got to keep my game up and keep pwning.

deciding whether or not to keep up a life poker balance and update it day by day to show more transparency, probably eventually will, think it will mkae me more disciplined so as not to embarrass myself.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 22, 2011, 06:13:24 AM »

You obviously didn't learn a lesson today because you've played bigger stakes cash than you should several times and donked off!

Grrrr

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 22, 2011, 10:10:26 AM »

You obviously didn't learn a lesson today because you've played bigger stakes cash than you should several times and donked off!

Grrrr

I thought I did but didn't mention a mate convinced me to play hu was also sitting down and we were chatting over Skype. He took me for at least 200 dollars and sounded as a high as a kite, but the banter was good, which brought me to the tab initially.

The first game up I was playing on this mixed game table was 2-7 and this reeled me into play more as I was enjoying playing summing new and seeing if I can get lucky.

Lesson learnt is to not Fuck about anymore and 20/40 cash is deceivingly high even for limit games!
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 22, 2011, 10:20:25 AM »

Lesson learnt

My point is you haven't learnt this lesson.

Still love you.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 22, 2011, 10:25:39 AM »

Deceivingly high for limit games is what I meant, not to imply I was playing nl holdem at 20/40 before and it was a piece of piss.

Had a fnal table last night with nigdawg btw, forgot to mention, and learned quite a bit more than I did in how to manoeuvre yourself with only around 5 left in a tourn. He went out 99<A8 which was a shame but probs more plus ev for me! I went out A8<AQ soon after in 4th, Sad
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 22, 2011, 10:28:22 AM »

Lesson learnt

My point is you haven't learnt this lesson.

Still love you.

Depends what lesson we are talking about I guess. Did I learn how to play any of the mixed games better, no. Did I learn never to stray from what I know, hella yes. Also having a poker account relatively flush made me feel I had disposable income, just idiotic really.
Coggy

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 22, 2011, 03:44:52 PM »

i've got a bit behind the updates. Nice binkage for the $6k, was that the $8, 7.45pm 3x turbo (something like that anyway).

Have you posted yr stars SN on here ? as I play a lot of the 6-9pm turboMTT's under $10 BI on there !!!

Take it your going for a few of the TCOOPs ?

Have a good xmas and NY anyway boss
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 22, 2011, 06:42:00 PM »

i've got a bit behind the updates. Nice binkage for the $6k, was that the $8, 7.45pm 3x turbo (something like that anyway).

Have you posted yr stars SN on here ? as I play a lot of the 6-9pm turboMTT's under $10 BI on there !!!

Take it your going for a few of the TCOOPs ?

Have a good xmas and NY anyway boss

dnt think i will be rolled for all the tcoops, so probably going to start my own stakign thread on here, dnt know what reception that will get.

anup returns is my name on stars, whats ures/

and i hope u a merry xmas and a happy new year too
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 22, 2011, 08:10:31 PM »

xmas present to myself tonight.

regging all the biggest tourns everywhere

lets fucking do this
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 22, 2011, 08:11:35 PM »

lets fucking do this

gl sir

do u not buy urself anything nice for crimbo?

Just me
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 22, 2011, 08:26:02 PM »

lets fucking do this

gl sir

much more of a giver tbh and my present is to give to others, espesh my mother that has been deserving of a pressie. my brother takes the piss with it tbh, but hes only getting a superdry bag.

once spent 250 pounds on a ps3 when it just came out on him and about 1 month in he wuddnt let me play on it unless he didn't feel like playing. shud have just drop kicked the playstation there and then.

what about ureself mr.ho/
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: December 22, 2011, 08:30:52 PM »

lets fucking do this

gl sir

much more of a giver tbh and my present is to give to others, espesh my mother that has been deserving of a pressie. my brother takes the piss with it tbh, but hes only getting a superdry bag.

once spent 250 pounds on a ps3 when it just came out on him and about 1 month in he wuddnt let me play on it unless he didn't feel like playing. shud have just drop kicked the playstation there and then.

spend a chunk on gf + her family
and abit on my mum
but bought tv speakers and lots of other shit for my gf new house sighs

do u have a seprate life roll?

Just me
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 22, 2011, 08:41:57 PM »

lets fucking do this

gl sir

spend a chunk on gf + her family
and abit on my mum
but bought tv speakers and lots of other shit for my gf new house sighs

do u have a seprate life roll?

nah i don't mainly because i am still living at home and rent is mates rates so i can just use the lot towards poker effectively.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: