blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 11:49:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272936 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 191799 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: December 23, 2011, 02:46:21 AM »

Nice nights work and ul on the quest for the big score m8

Coggy

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 23, 2011, 11:13:49 AM »

UL Sir.  Good shot.  If you found you were getting a bit owned and said you were scared shoving in a few spots, probs don't play those games to often !!!

Cogsgoigne on stars btw !!!
Fenix35

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 23, 2011, 01:48:11 PM »

good run ant and good day saves. Make that FT next time please!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 23, 2011, 01:57:03 PM »

I wasn't getting owned in hindsight, I just had a calling station to my left that wouldn't let me bluff so was only right to have a hand against him and this took its time in coming, thus the self doubt. For a 165f I thought the tourn wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be so I will be trying to satellite in on most days for a nice bink one day.

I'm starting to think I can mix with anyone in any mtt and show myself in a good light, yesterday in the last two tables I really did go card dead, and lost an absolute monster flip against David Vamplew which I think turned out to be a very good  call by me.

It was me min raising utg with qk suited and Vamplew shoving from mid pos with jj. I was getting 2:1 on the call and it would leave me with about 13 bigs if I lost and figured even if he has AK I sort of have the right price here. If I did bink there could have been a different story, and I'm raring to get so close again but just go on to win it.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 23, 2011, 02:00:48 PM »

good run ant and good day saves. Make that FT next time please!

It turned out a break even day, I can't quite get my head around that for the amount I cashed for last night but I know what to do now. Have 2 word docs open, one logging buy one and the other cashed that come in, meaning I am more in the know about how much I am down and more focussed to make my money up in every single tourney.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 23, 2011, 02:04:56 PM »

Obv it should be irrelevant to you how much your up/down to how focussed you are, just play optimally and win.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 23, 2011, 02:22:20 PM »

Obv it should be irrelevant to you how much your up/down to how focussed you are, just play optimally and win.

Correct, but say if you were out of all your bigger tourns for the night and didn't know quite how much you were down but figured it was a lot worse than it actually is that would act as a massive demotivator towards you playing optimally in the other tourns.

You could then argue knowing the harsh facts of how much you are down can be just as bad but, if you were already playing optimally you can just brush it off as variance and know with the tourns you have left you could reduce a large amount of the dent.

To be honest though I need to be aware of the buy ins and cashes for br management aswell and doing what I said in the previous post will both be a motivator and make me be more careful with not entering too many costly tourns.
Coggy

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 23, 2011, 02:48:51 PM »

Don't you have HEM ? as it will obviously track buy ins etc.  Also, would mean you could go over hands etc, especially as moving up stakes
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 23, 2011, 02:55:23 PM »

Don't you have HEM ? as it will obviously track buy ins etc.  Also, would mean you could go over hands etc, especially as moving up stakes

It's not configured properly and I am done with it. Never have reviewed a hh really unless I did so immediately after playing the hand using replayer.
Fenix35

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 23, 2011, 04:41:59 PM »

IMO it's a total negative-freeroll even checking how you're doing every few days let alone half way through a session. It can only demotivate you. Just treat the grind like a video game and every week check how the rolls doing and move up and down with how your roll fluctuates. Moving to a decision-oriented mindset from a results-oriented mindset will be really beneficial for you I think.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #625 on: December 23, 2011, 04:48:28 PM »

IMO it's a total negative-freeroll even checking how you're doing every few days let alone half way through a session. It can only demotivate you. Just treat the grind like a video game and every week check how the rolls doing and move up and down with how your roll fluctuates. Moving to a decision-oriented mindset from a results-oriented mindset will be really beneficial for you I think.

F3nix tho. <3
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 23, 2011, 04:59:42 PM »

Good post Fenix, although ofc it's motivating to look when your getting the lot  Wink You should ofc always have a "decision orientated mindset" regardless of whether you've looked or not.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 23, 2011, 05:45:25 PM »

Totally agree with this.

I went all of this month (done for the year now) and only looked at my cashier at the months end, to withdraw the account down to amount I am happy to keep online.

I found my mindset was so much better, as it was all about concentrating on making good decisions.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 23, 2011, 06:25:15 PM »

lost an absolute monster flip against David Vamplew which I think turned out to be a very good  call by me.

only would've been if you'd won the flip ldo

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 23, 2011, 06:56:59 PM »

How would you go about this in live cash games? I find myself always counting my stack mainly for informational purposes and keeping myself aware of the stack sizes other players have.

Ul on not getting a score last night

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: