blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 01:32:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 191667 times)
craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: January 02, 2012, 11:03:17 PM »

I once saw a chap pull out a small piece of paper with hand rankings on it. He was playing the dtd 300 att!

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 03, 2012, 01:03:17 AM »

i have a problem with being used to how much is in the pot at any given time and the pot committments from different players and being fully aware of how much they are roughly playing with. I do sometimes panic when it is my turn and i feel rushed to get all of this info together. Yeh i don't think i was ever going to go in with a notebook but i need to start getting used to each blind level and how that changes things. Want to turn live play into online in terms of being able to see all the info.

Interesting story with the notebook there Alex, thinking about it, it will make me look like a big fish if i do it and that can only help. ha. Looking up at people then shaking my head and immediately writing something about them in my notebook, that could really grate them. Could be a great tilter. Hmmmm. There is so much comedy value in it. Fuck it. Next DTD tourn i am going with a pen and a pad.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 03, 2012, 04:15:09 AM »

Decent start to the year. Won a 7k gtd tonight for 2000 dollars and which had me up about 1400 dollars for the night disappointed i didn't close the other tournaments i had late runs in, but maybe another night.

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 03, 2012, 08:46:32 PM »

Decent start to the year. Won a 7k gtd tonight for 2000 dollars and which had me up about 1400 dollars for the night disappointed i didn't close the other tournaments i had late runs in, but maybe another night.

nice work

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 04, 2012, 12:18:12 AM »

Congrats on the start

Re info live, you get soooo much time live especially compared to online that you soon pick up who has what. Most live players are terrabad too and won't take any notice of stack sizes, range of other players etc.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 05, 2012, 06:05:29 AM »

cheers for the thanks and live advice.

As for tonight i did another bit of pwning. The change to playing tubros exclusively really suits me. I play so much better pre flop and have a great read on how strong people are when shoving different stacks from different positions and even the cheeky sb open limp with AA, i quite often notice strength and avoid it. Obv not superman and get caught out but yeh i am loving these games.

Came second for 1.1k dollars in the same tourn i won recently losing kj versus k8 aipf which wasn't pretty but what can you do. Had a 2nd a 4th and another 4th to round off the night as well as depleting my pokerstars roll completely with miss after miss in all of their turbos but its not through lack of trying. I am getting final table bubbles regularly and also just running so bad it is hurting.

Upon revision of my plays across the board i can't really change too much about what i have done, there are alternative plays to the ones i do but are less effective or as effective so i needn't be making unnecessary changes. I believe i am up about 1500 dollars tonight which is very nice and can't turn my nose up at it. Last two nights have been great and ever since i have made the switch to turbo tourns only i have won a very nice amount of money.

My bankroll is now pretty tasty and i think 4 more months at this rate and i pretty much play any and every turbo tourney available online and not feel the effects of a bad run too much.

I hope i get a lot more good results in the upcoming weeks because i am looking to hit the turbo championships on Pokerstars very hard, and i am going to have a look at all the events, deciding what ones i can do on my own dime and what ones i need to be looking for backing.

Most probably going to set up a thread in the backing section of this site for the first time ever. I don't like to be backed mainly because i back myself enough to not want to give any of my hard work away but i know i won't be able to afford some of these tourns so a backing proposition is where to go. Leave a comment to let me know if you would be interested in hearing my offer because it may help me in actually going ahead and setting a thread up.

Exercised for the first time this year and it went well. a lot more unfit than i anticipated but was to be expected, just need to keep going.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 05, 2012, 07:44:05 AM »

Played four more tourns as I wrote the last blog post and got three handed in a 77f on pokerstars. Went to try and deal with 1723 already in the bag but was only getting offered 2150 when i had 150k, the other two had 150k and 320k. So no deal. I then find a nice spot with 99 on the big blind and with 20 bigs get raised 3 bigs into me from the sb, i rr all in and with his 20 bigs he makes an audacious call with A3 and he gets there on the turn to have me crippled, and i go out next hand with my two bbs.

Very happy with tonight then and just shows you that persistence will always pay off if you keep on doing the right thing!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 05, 2012, 08:01:27 AM »

On an unrelated note, can't believe this exists...

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 05, 2012, 11:21:08 AM »

yessss, could search these all day.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 06, 2012, 05:58:16 AM »

Frustrating night.

Probably about 300 dollars down and had a 100f final table where i came 8th with 4.5k upt top and other close shaves.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 06, 2012, 09:17:59 AM »

had another two final tables to round off the night to put me a little bit in profit, an 8th and a 5th. Aggravatingly close to bigger scores. o well
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 07, 2012, 04:55:18 AM »

Realise the dtd 500 is today, but as I live in London and my only mate in notts is away at the PCA, I will be having a crack at the 300 at fox poker club. 10k avg ftw wouldn't be bad and I need to start getting my feet wet on the live scene if I am ever going to get any good so my live training starts today!
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 07, 2012, 06:33:42 AM »

I need to start getting my feet wet on the live scene if I am ever going to get any good so my live training starts today!

haha sick level, wp

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 07, 2012, 07:24:25 AM »

ffs had the last can of magners in my fridge with my breakfast of super noodles, fuck knows why i had the drink in the morning. Then decide to grind and that stuff hit me hard for some reason and i am bombing out of sit and gos on pokerstars for fun, like 800 dollars down. fuck.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 07, 2012, 08:45:26 AM »

I need to start getting my feet wet on the live scene if I am ever going to get any good so my live training starts today!

haha sick level, wp

proper retard live.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: