blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 04:10:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 191712 times)
c4ught

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: February 06, 2012, 02:15:41 PM »

Unless this guy is running over the table are we not better off folding and shoving ATC when we get to open the action? We still have 10BBs and I have to disagree this is standard. Its deep in the Sunday Mill and the odds are we dont get here again for a while so some plays we make might be -CeV but +eV given the situation?

WHITERABBITO isnt the best person to be shoving through but I much prefer shoving first especially if the guys behind me are recreational players/scared money, which one obviously isnt.

Defo not worded myself very well!!!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: February 06, 2012, 03:02:33 PM »

Spose it depends. If he's a Reg I'm never folding

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: February 06, 2012, 03:05:59 PM »

Unless this guy is running over the table are we not better off folding and shoving ATC when we get to open the action? We still have 10BBs and I have to disagree this is standard. Its deep in the Sunday Mill and the odds are we dont get here again for a while so some plays we make might be -CeV but +eV given the situation?

WHITERABBITO isnt the best person to be shoving through but I much prefer shoving first especially if the guys behind me are recreational players/scared money, which one obviously isnt.

All true Lewis. However, where I think your argument falls flat and where my play looks better is that imagine open shoving 78 suited getting called by better and losing. You are open shove bluffing into the unknown and have players calling wide behind you. Plus you only stand to pick up the blinds with an open shove, when they call you are probably behind, fighting for your whole stack against the odds.

In my spot I know I am likely to be winning, and even if he has ace rag its very close to being a correct call pot odds wise even if I know I am calling behind. So I am looking at more than doubling my stack here and likely to be in the lead in the match up as opposed to open shovong later and only picking up 3bbs. The KJ though is nasty and was hoping at the very least to be live. I think if the shover turned over Q5, you wouldn't have mentioned how you would have folded and waited, Obv could be wrong though.
c4ught

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: February 06, 2012, 04:16:20 PM »

If he had Q5 and you won the hand there wouldnt be any of this debate Tongue I still dont call though unless he somehow shows me the Q5 while im heading towards the fold button. I dont disagree with your call given your reasoning BUT im not sure how you can guarantee he is shoving 80%+ in that spot. Is horrible that he flips KJ and vul Sad

I doubt the guys behind you are calling wide unless you checked everyones OPR and your vs a bunch of sickos.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: February 06, 2012, 04:54:59 PM »

All true Lewis. However, where I think your argument falls flat and where my play looks better is that imagine open shoving 78 suited getting called by better and losing. You are open shove bluffing into the unknown and have players calling wide behind you. Plus you only stand to pick up the blinds with an open shove, when they call you are probably behind, fighting for your whole stack against the odds.

In my spot I know I am likely to be winning, and even if he has ace rag its very close to being a correct call pot odds wise even if I know I am calling behind. So I am looking at more than doubling my stack here and likely to be in the lead in the match up as opposed to open shovong later and only picking up 3bbs. The KJ though is nasty and was hoping at the very least to be live. I think if the shover turned over Q5, you wouldn't have mentioned how you would have folded and waited, Obv could be wrong though.

I think this call can never be standard.  You have to give him something like 70% shove range to make the call 50/50.  And if it is 50/50 then that deoesn't make it +EV when you are looking at ICM.  This all feels pretty marginal to me, and I really feel that making marginal calls late on in tourneys is something that doesn't improve my win rate.  So many times I have found myself thinking he should be shoving really wide here and he shows the likes of AK way more than he does 93 off.

I am not even convinced that your logic holds on the 78 suited.  If you are happy shoving k5s then it probably isn't going to play significantly better vs a caller than 78s.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: February 06, 2012, 04:55:32 PM »

Lewis do u play hsmtts? Not calling u out here but most regs are shoving arc bob here. People just don't file Bob when they have a 10-12 bb stack in the big blind

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
c4ught

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: February 06, 2012, 07:57:58 PM »

No I dont play hsmtts at all.

I know regs are shoving bob very wide but this isnt exactly a tournament full of regs and I am presuming we have no history or very few hands on this guy.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #772 on: February 06, 2012, 08:22:56 PM »

tbf anup had a weirdish seat relative to being deep in the mirrion.

few regs to right and left, not against this call that much tbf with the player who jammed, against a normal deep sunday mirrion fishy obv it's a fold.

imo just pick up KK with 20 bets after a 3bet is much easier Ant :p
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: February 06, 2012, 08:38:23 PM »

few regs to right and left, not against this call that much tbf with the player who jammed, against a normal deep sunday mirrion fishy obv it's a fold.

Fella has a scandie name that means I am always more likely to call, but his average stake is $14, and this was his biggest cash by a very wide margin. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: February 06, 2012, 10:47:59 PM »

Haha, you were witness to that beautiful spot then.

With the exit hand, it is beginning to dawn on me it was a lot more marginal then i thought it was at the time, but if, with seeing the dynamics of the table for a long while, i had a feeling i may be good with the call then i should back it. That means that i felt he was likely to be weaker than k5 a lot of the time. My instincts suggested the call and they may well have been correct in that he could have shoved wider, but he actually found a hand this time.

Arguments against the call are valid and so is for the call, i was happy with the call in the end because i was just wanting to play as well as i could and that call was the right thing for me to do in the circumstances. I don't have the hand history for it but there was another situation where i had K7 in the bb and the mid position with 7 bbs shoved all in and i found a call and he had 86 suited. On paper with about 40 left in a huge tournament people would say the call was crazy but i was trying to tap into gut feelings, and it worked for me there.

claypole

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: February 06, 2012, 11:10:58 PM »

I think its pretty standard v this reg.  wp and a great run
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: February 07, 2012, 06:17:01 AM »

I think its pretty standard v this reg.  wp and a great run

Thanks.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: February 07, 2012, 06:53:01 AM »

I have had an awesome month of late and well and truly have a great basis bankroll wise to propel myself upwards in the higher end games that i want to play.

All i have to do is start going to the gym and eat more healthy and i think my game will improve much more along with my patience for the slower structured games. My deep run in the milly shows that i still have some tekkers if i want to use them so i am going to have to get myself raring to go to play a 'perfect' grind.

This would be playing the highest turbos online coupled along with the highest relatively soft standard tourns online and hopefully making a killing. Would love to see what it would be like with a 40k plus br and need to put in the discipline to get there, instead of the casual decline in attitude i often get meaning sometimes i go on a tilty run. This time if i feel that happening i just step away from the computer and probably go to the gym or chill for that day to recoup on another.

Happy about where i am atm, and just really hope i can make something of this year, because i have had plenty of time now to get my head around grinding.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 07:44:01 AM by Ant040689 » Logged
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: February 07, 2012, 10:38:52 PM »

Have had a 750 dollars losing session today. Was a weird one. I played quite a few morning tourns but also had some 60 dollars 18 mans up and coupling the two had me in trouble as i was playing poorly in both. Will need to make sure that i only play one type of tourney in future until i get comfortable enough with it to start integrating different types.

That is why currently i mainly only play turbos, but my plan is to eventually only play standard tourns. Then with even more time integrate the two to hopefully great effect.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: February 07, 2012, 10:43:37 PM »

Lol, cos was right - you really do change your mind over your schedule everyday!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: