blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 06:20:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272931 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 191740 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: March 07, 2012, 02:09:26 AM »

Did say i wouldn't be playing poker for a couple of weeks but i only got a couple of hours of sleep tonight before waking and can't get back to sleep. Could read and do something like that but not in the mood for it so loaded up 4 tourns.

Deep in a 55r if you fancy a rail. Wouldn't normally play it with my new br scheme, but as its only 4 tourns and i won't be playing for a while i thought why not.

5/69 - 'anup returns' on pokerstars. 6.7k up top.

shipitonetime

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 07, 2012, 03:34:18 AM »

Hi Ant started reading your diary from the start today, got to page 16 or something after your blow up and back on the roll rebuilding, i noticed u said u werent using a HUD? Is this still the case? Found it a good read so far, been considering moving over to mtts online after the last few years as a cash grinder so v useful diary tyty.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 07, 2012, 05:53:00 AM »

Hi Ant started reading your diary from the start today, got to page 16 or something after your blow up and back on the roll rebuilding, i noticed u said u werent using a HUD? Is this still the case? Found it a good read so far, been considering moving over to mtts online after the last few years as a cash grinder so v useful diary tyty.

Cheers for the read. Yeh i still don't use a HUD. I know they must be advantageous to use for some but i think with me it would detract away from the feel i have developed for each table because i haven't been reared on using a HUD in playing tourns since i started.

Using more info on all the players may have me making different plays than i otherwise would and possibly have me playing worse as i count too much on the info and not the feel of the hand. The trick is obv to have a feel in the hand have a course of action in your head and then look to the HUD for confirmation that what you are about to do should be done. If the HUD suggests against it then I wouldn't know what to do in the spot. Probably go with my gut regardless. So this is why i haven't been keen on one.

However they are good in identifying how tight a player is pre flop which is a bit of info i would love to know as i feel above all the other stats you could have, this would be the best. Then again if you mix in turbos and standards they may be much looser in the latter and you may be folding strong wrongly.

I stay away from them but its not a closed book, i may start using one, but it's unlikely.

About the move over. I have never been able to stick at cash because of the monotonous nature, imo, of it. It plays the same all the time in that you are playing deep and the dynamic of the blinds doesn't change. Also less pre flop carnage which i enjoy. Plus the added discipline required in them. However i feel i have never got on well with cash because i am a good pre flop player and have always played pretty standard post flop and have been eaten up by a lot of guys post flop in cash because i play a little abc.

I will be playing a lot more cash to improve my game with a lot more coy plays post flop just to see if i can get away with certain moves i wouldn't normally do. If that goes well i will probably play a lot more cash and not just label it as a no go. Wouldn't use a HUD with this either and i know about 99 per cent of serious grinders in cash do, so i probably won't become a serious grinder, ha.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 07, 2012, 05:57:22 AM »

Just finished watching the film Heat, its in the top 250 list on IMDB so thought i would give it a whirl. It is an alright film and think it has only been rated so highly because it was De Niro vs Al Pacino. It was also the best use of a song i have yet to see that i remember anyway as the film closes. It's a song by Moby and I do like quite a bit of his stuff as its pretty chilled.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 07, 2012, 02:45:06 PM »

You need a HUD mate, I used to think the same as you, but it's unbelievable how helpful they are. Even if you just use it for Vpip and pfr it's so handy, and I hear mtt players have #bbs each player has whichll save u a lot more time than you'd think.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 07, 2012, 05:18:00 PM »

You need a HUD mate, I used to think the same as you, but it's unbelievable how helpful they are. Even if you just use it for Vpip and pfr it's so handy, and I hear mtt players have #bbs each player has whichll save u a lot more time than you'd think.

You are almost deffo right. Going to buy the best alternative to HEM shortly and see if that is easier to set up.
shipitonetime

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 07, 2012, 05:46:10 PM »

This! You are definitely giving away an edge here. I was very surprised to read you dont have one, it is essential when multitabling. You surely must be missing spots when playing 8+ tables without one!
shipitonetime

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 07, 2012, 05:47:18 PM »

Also HEM is the nuts imo!
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 07, 2012, 05:51:01 PM »

Notice Ant how these guys advocating HEM are cash players, for which it is absolutely essential.

I don't think it is at all for MTTs. I know Moorman doesn't use one. Dubai doesn't. Flushy didn't used to. I'm pretty sure Trigger and railtard don't either.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
c4ught

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 07, 2012, 05:51:14 PM »

You are almost deffo right. Going to buy the best alternative to HEM shortly and see if that is easier to set up.

Instead of buying the best alternative pay someone to set it up for you. Im guessing someone that knows HEM pretty well would be able to set it up fairly sharpish, could just ask some coaches whether they would do it and class it as an hours coaching, definitely better than buying Pokertracker imo.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 07, 2012, 05:57:18 PM »

Notice Ant how these guys advocating HEM are cash players, for which it is absolutely essential.

I don't think it is at all for MTTs. I know Moorman doesn't use one. Dubai doesn't. Flushy didn't used to. I'm pretty sure Trigger and railtard don't either.

I think in theory it should be useful to know their pre flop aggression only, because that should give you an idea of how they may play in later streets and how wide they open obv. I don't think i would set up any more stats on my HUD really as it may over complicate. Would need to set up a HUD anyway just so that i can be set to play cash, but a part of me wants to be a maverick who don't play by no rules and just grind cash heavily without one and be some kind of phenom. I am deffo going to grind cash without a HUD initally just to see what happens.

Fucking Dr. House over here.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 07, 2012, 06:17:25 PM »

3.39/1 for totts to win to nil, cardif/draw and west ham to win, $100.

Puuuuuunnnnnnnt.
shipitonetime

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 07, 2012, 06:28:03 PM »

Surely it is still essential for mass multitabling mtts? There must be tonnes of close spots during your sessions that having specific info on villains would still be useful, that you may otherwise miss without one? Using a HUD cant be a bad thing right? Obv the hand samples will be smaller and can lead to misleading stats, as long as you understand this and dont just consider the stats, it should be +ev to have one?
I'm very interested to know the reasons why these very good players dont use one, just because im planning on grinding mtts a lot more and will def be using my HUD.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 07, 2012, 06:29:10 PM »

Surely it is still essential for mass multitabling mtts? There must be tonnes of close spots during your sessions that having specific info on villains would still be useful, that you may otherwise miss without one? Using a HUD cant be a bad thing right? Obv the hand samples will be smaller and can lead to misleading stats, as long as you understand this and dont just consider the stats, it should be +ev to have one?
I'm very interested to know the reasons why these very good players dont use one, just because im planning on grinding mtts a lot more and will def be using my HUD.

Fields are so big though that it would take ridiculously long to ever get a reliable sample size, no?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
shipitonetime

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 07, 2012, 06:44:05 PM »

Fields are so big though that it would take ridiculously long to ever get a reliable sample size, no?

Yeh sure i agree with that, i still think i can understand the specidic table dynamics better with a small sample rather than no HUD at all. I personally cant keep track of all my tables efficiently without one. So while it is obviously not as valuable as it is for cash it is still worth having..
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: