blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 09:30:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 191609 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #930 on: April 05, 2012, 06:52:23 AM »

Have hardly played this month since the 5k win live from the 330 freezeout at the Old Vic but i will be chucking in £550 for another live tournament in London on the weekend. I have had a run of cashing in my last 3 tournaments live, so would be nice to continue that.

Have been finding live play much more fascinating of late, mainly because I am running hot on coinflips and generally playing well. The dynamics too are really interesting, with open limping and other obscure plays that mean one thing online and a completely different thing live. So keeping my eyes open every hand and taking all i can in about how the players play on my table has been beneficial to me as well as fun.

Decided as well that i will not wear headphones at any live game as it distracts me during a hand and takes away from some good table banter if there is any. Undecided about whether reading a book is something i can get away with. Would say probably, as to try and maintain 100% concentration at all times is impossible as well as draining. It differs to headphones as well, as you can go in and out of reading but music can just be a distraction. Haven't tried classical though. Hmmm.

Probably won't be making the big UKIPT in Notts next week as it is going to be slap bang in the middle of my Uni work slog, as i try and wrap that up by the end of the month. Unfortunately, the SCOOP, Pokerfest with PartyPoker and other festivals are happening as well soon, which is crap timing, but I will feel so much better when all i have on my plate is poker and Uni is done with.

Have lost a bit of weight recently but have a long way to go. Still a really fat person. Deciding that using the gym isn't the way to go as its always going to be a tough time getting there as its so boring. Instead i have bought some cones and a football and will beg different mates on different days to go to the park. Will have cones for goalposts and possibly cones to zig in and out of before my mate will shoot at me in goal. If he scores i need to reclaim the ball, if he misses he has to, if i save it we take turns.

Also tennis, cycling, squash, cricket nets (good for sprints, with fast bowling) and maybe a bit of energetic frisbee (clutching at straws and bordering a pretty gay activity to partake with a mate in a park).

Anything really to stop me from running without going anywhere, seeing myself in the mirror opposite the treadmill constantly self aware of how many ripples occur from each step i take. Pretty demotivating stuff. However i will go to the gym to do all weights sessions i need to.

Won't be updating much this month, but think i will be at the middle of next.

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: April 05, 2012, 01:40:50 PM »

Frisbee is incred. When i was out in the states we played Ultimate frisbee most days. Was class! Although i think it is frowned upon a bit over here. But just get out there and get chucking.

Fenix35

View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 05, 2012, 05:48:25 PM »

you should maybe try a class at your gym if there are any. Stuff like body pump/spin are more fun as it's synced with music and more motivating to not give up half way through as you're in a class with other people.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #933 on: April 05, 2012, 05:59:07 PM »

Frisbee is incred. When i was out in the states we played Ultimate frisbee most days. Was class! Although i think it is frowned upon a bit over here. But just get out there and get chucking.

I played at uni (in an era when I did exercise), traveled as far afield as Sweden to play, it's an exceptionally relaxed and enjoyable game. Some places take it WAY too seriously though imo.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 05, 2012, 07:03:00 PM »

I played at uni (in an era when I did exercise), traveled as far afield as Sweden to play, it's an exceptionally relaxed and enjoyable game. Some places take it WAY too seriously though imo.

sounds like you did too, going to sweden to play!

can't picture it beanie, i just can't

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 06, 2012, 01:33:59 PM »

Cheesy

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 07, 2012, 04:53:36 AM »

Watched a YouTube his on competitive frisbee and it can get aggressive! Some of the throws are reminiscent of a good through ball in footie but look much sexier with the curve of the line in mid air.

Anyway last two nights I have done very well. I'm starting uni work on Monday now with a total poker blackout until assignments are done. Tried gelling poker and work but I can't to it so that will be the only way around it.

I don't know how much exactly I am up from the past two nights, but its in the region of $6k. With one flaw I am noticing being my heads up play. Really need to start practicing shallow HU play to see what works. I think I may be alright already and I am being unlucky, but need to be sure. I like to see as many flops as possible for limped/min raised pots, but I have trouble guaging a 3 bet pre and pulling the trigger with a cold 4 bet if I think they are light.

Matter of testicles I think. HU I am a little bit too careful and passive, but I think the best game in the long run is to be more aggro than the other guy and go for it if the stacks are shallow. Definately going to be trying new things when I am next HU.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 07, 2012, 03:42:50 PM »

Strategy for 150 big blinds early on in a tourn? Should always skip the first two levels of live tourns, always lose chips.
sm00035

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 07, 2012, 03:44:55 PM »

Strategy for 150 big blinds early on in a tourn? Should always skip the first two levels of live tourns, always lose chips.

Bet, bet, bang
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 07, 2012, 03:53:05 PM »

Bet, bet, bang

Smiley I may not be having the rub of the green is all. Definately impatient with this many blinds much rather we all start with 100.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: April 13, 2012, 09:29:49 AM »

Working my way through http://30for30.espn.com/ which is a list of sports documentaries made about some of the biggest sporting events mainly in American history but does include the Escobar story, the Columbian Football centre back who scored an own goal in the world cup and was subsequently murdered.

Just watched 'Once Brothers' about two Yugoslav basketball players breaking into the NBA only for their country's civil war to break them apart as friends and it's awesome. The best sports documentary i have seen thus far. Here's a link to the film, well worth the watch  http://t.co/NdICzAdE

Thought i would share the list of films as they are pretty easy to access from here http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/30-for-30_26559/ there is also one on Jimmy the Greek which should interest poker players on here.

Thought it would be a good wind down for post poker play to put on one of these, but i am just basically doing a marathon now, in a break from my studies.
WPIL

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: April 13, 2012, 11:19:14 AM »

30 for 30 is excellent
Favourite is the Cubs one where one of their Fans catchs a fly ball when they are on the cusp of victory and a world series berth and then they balls it up
WPIL

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: April 13, 2012, 06:15:01 PM »

Although I watched ESPN German Football today and the Big Game (Bor Dor vs Bayern) and you can quiet clearly see several Bannanas by the Bayern Goal when Dortmound score and it doesn't even get mentioned. Racist Twats
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: April 13, 2012, 08:16:40 PM »

University of Essex ?

Seen the frisbee golf courses they have, was new one on me must admit.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 15, 2012, 09:21:15 AM »

30 for 30 is excellent
Favourite is the Cubs one where one of their Fans catchs a fly ball when they are on the cusp of victory and a world series berth and then they balls it up

I found all the ones I have seen aside from once brothers to be poor but will keep on going through them. The Allen Iverson trial was ok.

To today and I would like to see a blonde take down the UKIPT but no one more so than Ben Dobson. Hope he gets the run good if his life because that amount of padding for first could set him up to crush the live scene. Best of luck.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: