blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 07:54:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272932 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 191753 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: August 09, 2012, 10:54:14 AM »

29k isn't near average wage either.

I'm curious. Without Googling, what do you think the average UK salary is?

Mean or median?

The ONS published number is usually median (50th percentile). Obviously it's a very skewed graph with a long tail, so median makes more sense. Headline published median full-time salary, latest data available is for 2011.

Still waiting to hear from BITB, just curious how out of touch a Gibraltar-based poker pro gets. Not even sure whether he thinks 29k is too high or too low...? Smiley

I wouldn't say out of touch Smiley

I have friends from say 20-35 iin almost every sector you could think.

I've worked in poorly paid jobs (supermarkets) and in v well paid jobs (finance) obviously Newcastle average wage is a lot less than London.

Main thing is of course than of the £29k you don't pay any tax..

I assume Ant is around 24ish? I'd say the average salary for somebody his age would be around £20k

I know for almost anybody graduating from university now (coming out at Ant's age) if they were getting even close (half even) to £29k after tax they would be dancing in the street.

Average salary only takes into account people who are actualy working right? Rather than average income which I assume is massively different.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: August 09, 2012, 12:10:58 PM »

I have friends from say 20-35 iin almost every sector you could think.

BITB <3

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 13, 2012, 03:04:54 AM »

7/10 in the party poker $215 $200k, $46k for first. 'anupreturns'

I went in 1/10 but made two streets of hero calls that did not pay off. Currently 30ish big blinds. Strategy is to try and bully as much as possible and gamble to get in the top two spots.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 13, 2012, 03:13:42 AM »

I went in 1/10 but made two streets of hero calls that did not pay off. Currently 30ish big blinds. Strategy is to try and bully as much as possible and gamble to get in the top two spots.

On the rail! Take it down matey!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 13, 2012, 03:19:57 AM »

On the rail! Take it down matey!

That will be the plan! I may get caught with my pants down with some dodgy any two all in shoves, but meh, gotta go for the non showdown chips where you can!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 13, 2012, 05:22:34 AM »

Second for $26k.

K5>JJ last hand hurt, if i would have won it would have been a 2:1 chip deficit in the oppos favour. Turned down a deal just before the hand for an extra $3k but i just thought i may as well try a spin up considering the amount for first. Difference between 1st and second was 19k and i was getting offered 3k more to end proceedings as a 4:1 dog, not for me, i went for it.

Been doing well at the felt recently but really unphased by these scores, i won a tourn in the morning for $5300 as well. For some reason i am not excited, I just want to calmly and coldly carry on winning tourns, the amount of pain for near misses means i don't nearly enjoy good binks as well as i should. However, not the worst trait in the world, means i am always remaining relatively calm.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 13, 2012, 05:50:24 AM »

wpwp ant Smiley

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: August 13, 2012, 07:55:39 AM »

Quality. Well done boss the hard work paying off keep it up.
Doing not saying for sure. wpwp

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 13, 2012, 10:55:36 AM »

wow sick, barcaaaaaaa tho?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Fenix35

View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 13, 2012, 10:58:11 AM »

wow sicko great job mate. Massssivvvvvvvvvve!!!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 13, 2012, 01:47:08 PM »

How can you not enjoy that? Winning a comp is literally the nut best feeling you can have in your poker career, if you don't fkn love it, then I don't understand what drives you to carry on.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 13, 2012, 01:53:58 PM »

GREAT result, well done you!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 13, 2012, 02:18:22 PM »

Wp mate! You seemed to peel a bit from the bb and you 3x'd @ one point. What hands did you peel and what did you 3x, and was it on purpose? Brutal last hand but wp on knocking them about 3-4 handed on the deal

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 13, 2012, 04:10:32 PM »

Cheers everyone for the kind words. It is starting to sink in now and the thought of being more comfortable in the higher games gives a great sense of ease, however I know how an older me would have reacted to this spot in jumping in at games i am not 100% ready to play, so i am going to take my time in going gung ho.

How can you not enjoy that? Winning a comp is literally the nut best feeling you can have in your poker career, if you don't fkn love it, then I don't understand what drives you to carry on.

I guess it is because i know that i am a fraud at the moment. I am not the best tourney poker player that i can be and i don't think i deserve to be winning this amount of money. Need to get to the point i can sit back and know i have prepared for a grind as optimally as possible. Not done that yet, but shouldn't be long now. Pretty gambly tendency by me to continue playing despite not being 100% prepared, but that is mainly because at 75% which i may be at now i am still a winning player so my impatience is getting the better of me. I think this bink is a good a time as any to not come back to poker until my own niggling doubts are put to rest and I can play at full ease.

As well i would like to add, I don't put much emotion at all into poker. I play methodically and calmly and concentrate only on how well i am playing rather than the emotions i am drawing from it. I see myself getting at my most emotive when i get very lucky in an all in showdown, because i am distraught, often, that i have got it in bad, but feel a massive relief that i was given second chance. I don't feel too much content at outplaying someone, rather instead the want to further outplay them so i don't waste the opportunity of more chips.

With big wins and $26k is that, I just see myself thinking, OK, that is a nice result Ant, but I am not where i want to be yet financially so there is no need to draw any happiness from this, just push on and be happy when maybe I win enough to not have to worry about getting a job in the near future, maybe have a flat bought, and money aside to further grind. That is the motivation and on that goal i am nowhere near being settled, so really this win bears nothing into comparison of how happy i could be if i get into a spot where i am set for life or the mid term future with the amount of money won. So with that constantly in my mind, to be frank, I am never elated about anything, I just want to carry on winning and doing my best in the short term so I can have a long term feeling of ease.

Wp mate! You seemed to peel a bit from the bb and you 3x'd @ one point. What hands did you peel and what did you 3x, and was it on purpose? Brutal last hand but wp on knocking them about 3-4 handed on the deal

Unorthodox plays, granted, but they bear results when deployed correctly i find.

wow sicko great job mate. Massssivvvvvvvvvve!!!

Congratulate me all you want but I am not resting until I am leading the BR challenge, ha. You beast. But tyty for what its worth Smiley
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 13, 2012, 04:50:30 PM »

Unorthodox plays, granted, but they bear results when deployed correctly i find.

Bravo you. Orthodox is not always right.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: