blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 02:14:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 191685 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: August 13, 2012, 04:54:50 PM »

Unorthodox plays, granted, but they bear results when deployed correctly i find.

Bravo you. Orthodox is not always right.

Not going to get ahead of myself here, i often breach the boundary of unorthodox, into incorrect, but I like to keep pushing and being as different as possible to everyone else who may be playing so similarly that you need to be playing out of line to try and take advantage of the decorum you see in front you.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: August 13, 2012, 04:58:16 PM »

Unorthodox plays, granted, but they bear results when deployed correctly i find.

Not going to get ahead of myself here, i often breach the boundary of unorthodox, into incorrect, but I like to keep pushing and being as different as possible to everyone else who may be playing so similarly that you need to be playing out of line to try and take advantage of the decorum you see in front you.

Agreed. Unorthodox CAN be very wrong, but it does not have to be, & is not always.

The odd "wrong" play messes with the orthodox thinking players.

"He cannot have a hand there because he" (insert whatever). 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: August 13, 2012, 05:02:33 PM »

Agreed. Unorthodox CAN be very wrong, but it does not have to be, & is not always.

On top of that Tikay, it makes for some marvelous exit hand histories.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: August 13, 2012, 05:18:35 PM »

On top of that Tikay, it makes for some marvelous exit hand histories.

Lol, that too, & mocking galore. But it's good to plough your own furrow sometimes. We don't get better by being the same as everyone else, but we have to conform for the most part. Curveballs are good, if not overused. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: August 13, 2012, 06:04:37 PM »

Wowsay, wd mate!

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: August 13, 2012, 07:25:16 PM »

Wowsay, wd mate!

Cheers mate, you need to let me know what your grinding nowadays on skype or summin, have no idea what you are up to.
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: August 13, 2012, 07:27:05 PM »

Wowsay, wd mate!

Cheers mate, you need to let me know what your grinding nowadays on skype or summin, have no idea what you are up to.

Been busy grinding Olympics and plentyoffish.com

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: August 13, 2012, 08:09:12 PM »

That is the life
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: August 14, 2012, 03:56:40 PM »

Wowsay, wd mate!

Lolz

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: August 14, 2012, 05:57:04 PM »

Wowsay, wd mate!

Lolz
Obv meant grinding plentyoffish.com and Olympics

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: August 16, 2012, 11:30:14 PM »

By next Sunday i should have the perfect grind set up, HUD setup complete, hard drive replaced, top up some poker maths theory and watch some videos. Doing some work with pokerstove and sngwhiz as well for the marginal spots, also i want to look at the spots i deem correct and how far wrong they are according to sngwhiz, and decide whether or not to still play like that regardless as that shove could get more folds that the program anticipates because i have a full feel of the table dynamism. Moneybookers and Neteller will be set up as well, with moneybookers in $ and neteller in euros, so i can transfer euros across sites without too many currency conversions. Chose moneybookers for the $ as their conversion rate on top of the standard into £ is 2.5% whereas with neteller it is 2.95% I wonder what my bank charge is, i think it is quite similar. Will need to look into currency accounts to be honest and see if i can get a good deal with one.

The main thing i will be doing midweek will be to be testing out what i can do with all the different programs i will have running. Going to see how tableninja helps play on Pokerstars. Ultimately i am going see how many tables i can play at a time optimally, or work something out where i am basically making the best hourly possible in the mtt's. I am probably going to settle for 22 tables, tiled. 16 on one screen and 6 on the other. I notice its nice to have a main screen with the bulk of the tables and looking to the other screen with a lot less, easier for me to concentrate than if i had say 11 on each. I have basically located all of the tournaments i am going to play on the different sites.

Need to learn how to adapt to different players with the HUD as that will be new to me. Also i need to be quick off the draw to get notes on where possible before i am timing out on tabs. Also i am going to make notes on a notepad about how each tournament plays at the different stakes and particularly how they play on different sites because you can see some similarities. Basically, i am going to try and make sure all bases are covered. What will be the thing that will continue to chop and change, is fringe tournaments getting replaced for other fringe tournaments. Or perhaps if i am in a turbo mood i will play primarily them.

Will be nice to see how many tourns i can sift through in a month. I am hoping it will be somewhere near 2000 playing 6 days a week. Will be a culture shock because i have barely done that in a year, my turbo stats for this year are as follows

Filter: 01/01/2012-08/16/2012 ST T !(D L,N,NBI)   Count: 2,939   Av Profit: $7.47   
Av Stake: $54.74   Av ROI: 14.9%   Total Profit: $21,968   
Ability: 92   

and my standard and deepstack tourns are here

Filter: 01/01/2012-08/16/2012 D N   Count: 95   Av Profit: -$7.15   
Av Stake: $124   Av ROI: -8.1%   Total Profit: -$679   
Ability: 67   

This is just on pokerstars, but just shows you how much i tended to focus on the turbo grinds. Also under my new grinding regime, the above would only constitute about 6 weeks play, hopefully. Would be nice to make £10k a month, but i am not holding my breath.

Also i need to make sure i adjust to the slower tourns well, as i am used to the speed and style of the turbos and a big question remaining to be answered for me is if i can successfully combine the two. May not be a big deal at all when i get things going but i need to make sure not to confuse tables.

Most of all i want to enjoy grinding in the knowledge i have done the prep well, i have exercised pre grind and i am raring to go. Would absolutely love to do this as a job and hopefully everything kicks off for me in a very good way. If it does for the first say two to three months, i should hopefully have enough then to start satelliting for live packages or just splashing out myself for ones direct as i haven't had a holiday in about 18 months. Would be nice.

Oh and i didn't mention it before but it was great to get the 5 figure score monkey off my back, only took me 5 years! Next is the 6 figure, i predict never, and i also predict i won't be topping that $26k score again!
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: August 17, 2012, 12:18:36 AM »

By next Sunday i should have the perfect grind set up, HUD setup complete, hard drive replaced, top up some poker maths theory and watch some videos. Doing some work with pokerstove and sngwhiz as well for the marginal spots, also i want to look at the spots i deem correct and how far wrong they are according to sngwhiz, and decide whether or not to still play like that regardless as that shove could get more folds that the program anticipates because i have a full feel of the table dynamism. Moneybookers and Neteller will be set up as well, with moneybookers in $ and neteller in euros, so i can transfer euros across sites without too many currency conversions. Chose moneybookers for the $ as their conversion rate on top of the standard into £ is 2.5% whereas with neteller it is 2.95% I wonder what my bank charge is, i think it is quite similar. Will need to look into currency accounts to be honest and see if i can get a good deal with one.

The main thing i will be doing midweek will be to be testing out what i can do with all the different programs i will have running. Going to see how tableninja helps play on Pokerstars. Ultimately i am going see how many tables i can play at a time optimally, or work something out where i am basically making the best hourly possible in the mtt's. I am probably going to settle for 22 tables, tiled. 16 on one screen and 6 on the other. I notice its nice to have a main screen with the bulk of the tables and looking to the other screen with a lot less, easier for me to concentrate than if i had say 11 on each. I have basically located all of the tournaments i am going to play on the different sites.

Need to learn how to adapt to different players with the HUD as that will be new to me. Also i need to be quick off the draw to get notes on where possible before i am timing out on tabs. Also i am going to make notes on a notepad about how each tournament plays at the different stakes and particularly how they play on different sites because you can see some similarities. Basically, i am going to try and make sure all bases are covered. What will be the thing that will continue to chop and change, is fringe tournaments getting replaced for other fringe tournaments. Or perhaps if i am in a turbo mood i will play primarily them.

Will be nice to see how many tourns i can sift through in a month. I am hoping it will be somewhere near 2000 playing 6 days a week. Will be a culture shock because i have barely done that in a year, my turbo stats for this year are as follows

Filter: 01/01/2012-08/16/2012 ST T !(D L,N,NBI)   Count: 2,939   Av Profit: $7.47   

This is just on pokerstars, but just shows you how much i tended to focus on the turbo grinds. Also under my new grinding regime, the above would only constitute about 6 weeks play, hopefully. Would be nice to make £10k a month, but i am not holding my breath.

Also i need to make sure i adjust to the slower tourns well, as i am used to the speed and style of the turbos and a big question remaining to be answered for me is if i can successfully combine the two. May not be a big deal at all when i get things going but i need to make sure not to confuse tables.

Most of all i want to enjoy grinding in the knowledge i have done the prep well, i have exercised pre grind and i am raring to go. Would absolutely love to do this as a job and hopefully everything kicks off for me in a very good way. If it does for the first say two to three months, i should hopefully have enough then to start satelliting for live packages or just splashing out myself for ones direct as i haven't had a holiday in about 18 months. Would be nice.

Oh and i didn't mention it before but it was great to get the 5 figure score monkey off my back, only took me 5 years! Next is the 6 figure, i predict never, and i also predict i won't be topping that $26k score again!

Huh, what is this, PMA Ant, PMA.

GLGL.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: August 17, 2012, 12:24:19 AM »

Huh, what is this, PMA Ant, PMA.

GLGL.

Would rather seem pessimistic just so i don't come off as being a prick. To be honest with you i think it will be a piece of piss to get there. Wink
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: August 18, 2012, 10:23:35 AM »

Will be playing the 250 at the fox today, if any of you are going down then let me know, I am the shy, fat one without a girlfriend.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: August 18, 2012, 10:28:00 AM »

Will be playing the 250 at the fox today, if any of you are going down then let me know, I am the shy, fat one without a girlfriend.

That'll narrow things down in a poker tourney

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: