blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 01:36:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 191669 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: August 18, 2012, 10:35:56 AM »

Will be playing the 250 at the fox today, if any of you are going down then let me know, I am the shy, fat one without a girlfriend.

That'll narrow things down in a poker tourney

Sorry i will make things easier. Will also be wearing a hoody, sunglasses, won't say much and generally looking quite menacing.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: August 18, 2012, 09:37:32 PM »

http://www.pocketfives.com/articles/short-stack-your-largest-poker-score-ever-587674/

Clearly all getting to my head. Write ups for second place nowadays?
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: August 19, 2012, 11:04:09 AM »

Setting up the grind station tomorrow, while today i am going into the centre of London to watch Stomp, should be good. Will be back to grind a select few tournaments but nothing too major, might see what satellites are available and hone in on strategy for them.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: September 08, 2012, 08:39:19 AM »

Will be back on this again shortly.

Update is that i have been on a huge downswing and hasty satelliting for live events and awful variance has led the way, along with too many shots, however i was continually getting close, but that is not the point. Have had the worst ever downswing i have experienced on stars of late, $15K, just not been winning as many flips as i should be of late, but I will shut up after the next bink.

Decided to play a hugely safe bankroll management plan for myself, which to be honest is still probably unsafe for regular tourney grinders. It is going to be around 400 buy ins rule, so setting that as my average sort of buy in. Haven't ever played with relative comfort before and it will be nice to grind without worrying of a bad night or two.

This diary will not really resemble one from now on i don't think, i am going to use it mainly to list my outlay and my returns each night and i am going to use it as a sort of public assessment of my grind. Think the advantages will be I will have to stick to the plan set otherwise i will be up for embarrassment here. Also, I am keen to note to everyone my losses as they have been omitted from here and you only here of my binks, so i will relish the opportunity to log the mad swings i will be experiencing. Hopefully as well, the results will be getting better and better which will hopefully support any staking threads i might try for in the future as i am getting a taste for the live events now as i think they are juicy and exploitable, just would love a nice run at one.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: September 10, 2012, 10:06:01 AM »

Good night tonight +$5000, playing mainly tourns below the $100's which makes it even more sweet.

Still haven't laid out a solid system for me to list my outlay and winnings as they come in, taking into account tourns i may back down out of last minute, but will get my head around it shortly. Would be nice to know how the night is going as i exit tourns so that i feel even more pumped to make the most of the remaining ones.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: September 10, 2012, 10:27:59 AM »

Keep up the diary here. Seems the key to winning online for blondes. Gl

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: September 10, 2012, 10:31:07 AM »

been getting smashed up recently mate, cant win a flip on stars, $16k downswing. I am reviewing my play on there and its fine, just unbelieveable luck, just the one bink needed to stop the whining so i like to keep quiet, normally, lol

But yeh, would love to brag about more 5 figure scores on here!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: September 10, 2012, 10:41:55 AM »

Before i forget, news i am pretty excited by is that i am pretty comfortable on 24 tables tiled. Have a problem with just one site that seems to time out quite often but just need to get used to it and i should be fine. Exciting times if i can make consistent redic profit playing 12 hours a day 24 tabs a time, would help dispel any variance!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: September 16, 2012, 07:23:29 AM »

Haven't settled down yet into a regimen but i am going to shortly, just need to sort my sleeping pattern out. I deally i would like a 07.00-14.00 job with grinding starting at 17.00 and ending at just before i sleep. Going to try that for 5/6 days a week, and hopefully by the end of the month i will at least be break even but more importantly i want to be making no mistakes and seeing the game so clearly, giving me huge conifdence.

Played big sessions for the last 3 nights and it went, night one = +$3630, night two = -$110 and night three was -$2500. However, some huge near misses that meant i really should have been up much more than the $1075 I am showing. If i am getting unlucky and making the odd mistake and still making money than i am not doing too badly.

Really want to get a schedule going and some consistency going because i have never had that as a player, mainly because i am always shifting my schedule to allow for daytime activities with mates and so on. However, i need to allot timeslots for everything and not mess up my sleeping pattern anymore and just crush.

Playing on 24 tables is not really phasing me, playing on anymore is because i have two 24' + screens with 12 tables each on, but then a laptop screen that is only 15' for more tables, however if i magnify 6 tables on there that should go down well and i think that is the next step for me. Comfortable on 24 tables, looking to get comfortable on 30 tables.

So potentially 30 tables, playing 12 hour nights, 5-6 days a week, including gym most days and my new eating regime which is eat 500 cals one day and as much as i want then next. Should be an interesting month commencing and i am really looking forward to it.
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: September 16, 2012, 01:44:16 PM »

Before i forget, news i am pretty excited by is that i am pretty comfortable on 24 tables tiled. Have a problem with just one site that seems to time out quite often but just need to get used to it and i should be fine. Exciting times if i can make consistent redic profit playing 12 hours a day 24 tabs a time, would help dispel any variance!

is that site 888. i wanna grind there but im always fkin timing out. anyone else fins this?

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
The Lad

View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: September 16, 2012, 02:15:10 PM »

is that site 888. i wanna grind there but im always fkin timing out. anyone else fins this?

ye constantly time out on 888. mostly only throw in 1 table to the grind at a time with other sites  and still time out ffs, software is terrible imo
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: September 17, 2012, 04:13:57 AM »

bingo, it is 888. My way around it is to have the 888 tables grouped together and to immediately look at them when there is a lull happeneing with all the tables, basically to be on high alert, it's fine eventually with practice.

Did well tonight but not quite sure by how much i am up probs around the 2k mark, i squandered a lot of great stacks in the last 100 of tourns with 20k+ up top and tht was down to a weird sleeping pattern and subsequent tiredness. Regulating that tonight though so hopefully i should be having some fun on monday night with a really successful grind.

Meh i keep on going on about the perfect grind setup but i don't think there is such a thing, there will be always something to veer you off the road a little, just got to try you best to stay on track i guess.

I am deciding now btw, a big moment and making sure i declare it here before i go back on my word, that i won't be playing any live tournies through shot taking. I got into a bad habit of having a good night of poker and using the proceeds to enter a big live tourney, done that with the last two GUKPT's and looking back spending £2000 ish on two tourns is fucking ludicrous with my br.

Alternative is that i must satellite for all of these things and i am also going to say i really hope not to be backed again, just as it would be nice to think i have got into the tourney nicely on the cheap or i am in a tourn so comfortable in comparison to my br that entering outright won't be a problem. Exceptions may be in tourns that are being held in London as if i exit i can grind the same day at home, so I might ask for backing in this instance, but that is doubtful.

I am looking maybe to qualify for the GUKPT for friday through a live sat, and maybe the EPO as well, but with things going well online i may just stick with that.

As it is Monday tomorrow, i think that is the best day to explain what i am going to do with this log. Basically i am going to just put up the nightly profits or losses for each night with notes on how i thought it went and interesting (well as far as i can stretch it) things. It will be good that i can log exactly when i won what and i will be under no delusion as to how well i am doing.

Hopefully there will be something interesting to add on each night, but to be honest from the outset this diary was always about the boring aspects of poker and the long harsh grind, so i warn you it is going to be more of that. So if you enjoy pain, read on with this blog in the coming weeks.

Happy generally with my feel in the games and think that through massive volume i should be churning out a naughty profit. I will be playing an absolute fuck load of tournaments daily for long hours and on loads of tables, so watch this space, shit is going down for better or worse!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: September 18, 2012, 01:33:58 PM »

Started at around 10.30pm after playing a bit of five a side.

Generally had about 18 tables up as an average and i am down about $200.

The key mistake here for me was I was on a $55f final table 6/6, with $3k ftw, 13bbs, in the small blind, folds around to dealer button who open limps from 25 bbs, i see J3, and i get my shove on assuming he is limping here light enough to to fold to this bet. Nope he had 88 which really befuddled me but total pwnage of me from him so fair play.

Otherwise, I was quite unlucky in other tourns. I am starting a much earlier schedule tonight and hopefully this will be the start of one of those 12 hour plus shifts i have been claiming i will be doing.

Quite a few mistakes actually when i look back at things, but i am expecting these to iron out with more volume. These mistakes are all marginal and am hopeful I will just be playing spot on eventually. Am also interested in watching some vids from online grinder sickos as well just to see if i can add anything to my game.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: September 19, 2012, 02:54:10 AM »

$500 up.

This included a 5th and a 4th with 2-3k up top and the last two tabs of bigger ones.

Had some real unfortunate luck tonight but it felt as if it was impossible not to profit with the way i was playing. Solid and unwavering in the waters of harsh variance.

Didn't play as long a grind as i would have liked because i am having bad lethargy problems, but i have been eating quite a bit of shit and not exercising so go figure, but find it really hard to get motivated to exercises for the sake of it.

Put me up in 2 hours worth of football matches every day and i am there with bells on, but just going out jogging for the sake of it is so tedious. I need something enjoyable to do but on my own and involving exercise and as i type i realise what it is.

Going to jump onto a private pitch somewhere with netted goals and pummel some shots in at an empty goal. Upon retrieval of the ball i will get some sprint work in. Solid. Will enjoy tomoz.

Plan is to carry on pummeling my games btw, i am getting the hang of the theory and how i should be playing side of things , i think i really need to touch up on my health and get my endurance up.

By the way i think i am the only grinder out there that basically has a positive graph everywhere besides on the French sites! I am down quite harshly on ps.fr and realise it is because i think they play pretty snug/aggro in position pre flop folding often to 4 bets but post flop they can be so out of the box that it is tough to follow a line of thought of the villain.

They are often aggro and i often find myself folding too much in spots it would be correct to on the normal ps site but wrong on the french version. I will be able to remedy that quite simply by just having nights where i only play the french sites and just align myself to the style of play.

On the GUKPT/English Poker Open front i am not getting involved with the latter but i may be in for a qualifier for the former. Would love to get into that £1k tourn on the cheap to cap off what will hopefully be more continued success with tourns.

Knocking very hard on the door for another $2k+ night just need to bide my time and appreciate the harsh negative days are becoming more scarce.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: September 20, 2012, 04:15:08 AM »

Wammo.

Got the night i was looking for but as with basically every night a tourney player has it could have been better.

$3023 up tonight getting the lion's share of the winnings from a 3rd in a 10k gtd, a 3rd in a 20k and a 1st in a 5k gtd. The two thirds were pretty unavoidable really so i was pleased with the results. I seem to have a good knack of picking my spots and playing icm very well, but always pushing towards the aggressive side of it so as to always stay afloat. I am not one to be on 11 big blinds with 7 people left, see that there is one guy with 4 big blinds and be prepared to just wait for him to go at the expense of staying properly afloat. The massive weighting of the money in in the top three spots so that is what i want.

I am pondering entering the GUKPT on Friday for day 1b, but i just know that it would be unwise. I have a nice rhythm going online that would be affected with a high loss in funds in one go and it's probably more wise for me to just stick to online there i am having a good time of it.

I think I should also add, if i haven't already, that i qualified for the Irish Winter Festival next month, so really, i should bide my time until then for my live game fix. Should be a good craic and hopefully will get to meet up with some people over there.

Really happy with how things are going and just want them to continue.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: