blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:29:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  THE GREAT BULGARIAN SCRAMBLE
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE GREAT BULGARIAN SCRAMBLE  (Read 4488 times)
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2011, 07:33:29 PM »

I'll consider doing it, but there definitely needs to be money on it. If I can get enough action under the terms that I make it back within a certain time period and my odds change depending on which time bracket I finish in or something then I'd be up for it. Thoughts?

actually seem to remember discussing this with you ages ago, you thought you could get back from china with no passport or money in 3 days right?

will def bet on this

Christopher Brammer
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2011, 07:35:53 PM »

I'll consider doing it, but there definitely needs to be money on it. If I can get enough action under the terms that I make it back within a certain time period and my odds change depending on which time bracket I finish in or something then I'd be up for it. Thoughts?

actually seem to remember discussing this with you ages ago, you thought you could get back from china with no passport or money in 3 days right?

will def bet on this

name your price lol

LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2011, 12:23:12 AM »

im defo in if we can leave it till May time
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2011, 12:46:43 AM »

i will swim back from anywhere in the world.,.,.,must have flippers and swim gloves.,.,.,

how about a walking backward race from jon a groats to lands end..,.u must walk.,,.u can use a mirror.,.,no running.,.,oh yeah.,.,and blindfolded with one aid helper chosen by the opposition.,.,.,
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 12:50:27 AM by sofa----king » Logged

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2011, 12:52:29 AM »

will def bet on this

My mum got back from Spain recently with no passport, if its a direct flight I think it could be done. The Chinese don't want you there so there is every chance immigration will tell you to GTFO on a paid ticket if you have it to hand rather than them deporting you at their expense a few days later after hearing your case.

About 15 years ago I overstayed my visa by 8 months in the US. They caught me at the airport on the way out as I knew they would. They had 2 choices as in the China example I gave, after a grilling they just told me to GTFO, no ban or anything.
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2011, 12:55:29 AM »

will def bet on this

My mum got back from Spain recently with no passport, if its a direct flight I think it could be done. The Chinese don't want you there so there is every chance immigration will tell you to GTFO on a paid ticket if you have it to hand rather than them deporting you at their expense a few days later after hearing your case.

About 15 years ago I overstayed my visa by 8 months in the US. They caught me at the airport on the way out as I knew they would. They had 2 choices as in the China example I gave, after a grilling they just told me to GTFO, no ban or anything.

miami worst for security checking in the world,...,they wont let u in or out.,.,.,

sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2011, 01:07:24 AM »

anyone read this before.,.,.,just class.,.,

Slim first came up with this prop bet when he defeated Bobby Riggs, a noted tennis pro. In that match he said he would play the pro with paddles of his choosing.

Much to Riggs' surprise, when Slim showed up on game day he produced two cast iron skillets. Riggs went down, and word got round that Slim had worked out a Ping-Pong hustle.

A man named Lefty figured if he brought in a ringer and got him training with a skillet Slim wouldn't have a chance. So this Lefty asks, "Slim, if I bring you a player will you play him?" Slim says, "Sure, as long as I get to choose the paddles."

So poor Lefty figures that Slim will choose the skillets again. and has this Taiwanese Ping-Pong stud training all day long with a giant frying pan.

Come game day, Slim saunters over to the vending machine and buys two glass Coke bottles (yes; this was back in the day when there were still glass Coke bottles, kiddies), pours the Coke out and hands the empty bottle to the Taiwanese pro.

Little did Lefty know Slim had suspected everyone was wise to his skillets and thus had been practicing with empty Coke bottles the entire time!

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2011, 02:44:59 AM »

anyone read this before.,.,.,just class.,.,

Slim first came up with this prop bet when he defeated Bobby Riggs, a noted tennis pro. In that match he said he would play the pro with paddles of his choosing.

Much to Riggs' surprise, when Slim showed up on game day he produced two cast iron skillets. Riggs went down, and word got round that Slim had worked out a Ping-Pong hustle.

A man named Lefty figured if he brought in a ringer and got him training with a skillet Slim wouldn't have a chance. So this Lefty asks, "Slim, if I bring you a player will you play him?" Slim says, "Sure, as long as I get to choose the paddles."

So poor Lefty figures that Slim will choose the skillets again. and has this Taiwanese Ping-Pong stud training all day long with a giant frying pan.

Come game day, Slim saunters over to the vending machine and buys two glass Coke bottles (yes; this was back in the day when there were still glass Coke bottles, kiddies), pours the Coke out and hands the empty bottle to the Taiwanese pro.

Little did Lefty know Slim had suspected everyone was wise to his skillets and thus had been practicing with empty Coke bottles the entire time!

yeah huge sicko. In his autobiography he talks about winning/loosing $300k, $400k, $500k amounts, after this he said he didn't wanna discuss how much action he had on the match for "tax reasons" lol so I think we might have been talking a rather large sum Smiley

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2011, 06:04:09 PM »

it'll be harder than you think from bulgaria.

8 of us did a race to berlin with a tenner when i was 19 or so, its easy in the uk but harder when you get to the continent and try to explain what you're trying to do to people who don't speak a word of english, got to be one charming mutha to keep good pace.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2011, 10:25:25 PM »

it'll be harder than you think from bulgaria.

8 of us did a race to berlin with a tenner when i was 19 or so, its easy in the uk but harder when you get to the continent and try to explain what you're trying to do to people who don't speak a word of english, got to be one charming mutha to keep good pace.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

please post some details of this!?!

Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2011, 12:04:45 AM »

I picked up a coupe of hitchikers in Cambridge only this week.  They were doing something for charity. 

No money, furtherest away from cambridge "wins".

I believe someone got to LA!!!

Google -  Cambridge Tab (I think)

Carpe Diem
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2011, 10:45:17 PM »

I reckon seeing who could get the furthest from a point in the UK with £20 would be more fun than trying to get back from somewhere.
Sack it off

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2011, 01:04:11 AM »

can play poker to earn money too!
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2011, 03:07:23 AM »

Read in paper today about a guy that started with a 1p piece and his plan was to swap it for as many things as he can in a year. He went from 1p to 3 goldfish to an acustic guitar to a mountain bike which he sold for £50 then he bought a piece of land of a bloke abroad. Anyone fancy doing same?

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2011, 09:34:32 AM »

Seem to remember someone doing this before with a paperclip, trading items over and over until he had a house

Christopher Brammer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: