blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:32:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272827 Posts in 66757 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Cheltenham 2011
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham 2011  (Read 51547 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 10:43:06 AM »

I checked earlier for train prices to go on the Friday, 2 adults from Newcastle is £350, GTFO.

what prices?
fwiw

we booked an appartment from the monday of festival week until the saturday for £1100 (between 5 of us)
smack bang in town centre, getting a chauffeur driven merc down for £230 from sheffield

get tickets from touts on day

Train tickets only from Newcastle to Cheltenham are £350 for 2 adults. Obv due to the festival but pretty ridic prices just for the train.

In for any Cheltenham comps.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 10:46:17 AM »

Benidorm sounds like hell, but Cheltenham is the nuts.

Prediction league ftw, pick winner for each race, 10point for winning, 5points for top 3, all scores count and obv most points scoops teh loot.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 11:16:31 AM »

I checked earlier for train prices to go on the Friday, 2 adults from Newcastle is £350, GTFO.

what prices?

fwiw

we booked an appartment from the monday of festival week until the saturday for £1100 (between 5 of us)
smack bang in town centre, getting a chauffeur driven merc down for £230 from sheffield

get tickets from touts on day

Sounds ideal, we used to be there for full week religously, best week of year bar none... Those times gone unfortunately but looking forward to getting back this year if only for day.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 11:24:05 AM »

Are you there on Wednesday Trigg?

Meet up for a beer or two if you are.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 11:52:21 AM »

be there wednesday evening and out on the town about 8ish

everyone keeps telling me that the best racing is tuesday/wednesday and i agree, however the lads cant get these days off so we always (5th time now) go thursday and friday.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 12:34:35 PM »

Prediction league ftw, pick winner for each race, 10point for winning, 5points for top 3, all scores count and obv most points scoops teh loot.

I'll run a comp nearer the time but it will be better than that, it will be price dependant, something like a choice of £10 win or £5ew on your chosen selection. Probs like a tenner to enter to allow everyone to play.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 03:56:50 PM »

No point, Brent will piss it with his 5 or 6 25-1+ shots that he manages to find.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2011, 04:10:04 PM »

No point, Brent will piss it with his 5 or 6 25-1+ shots that he manages to find.

Well thanks Boldie, but in reality i think although i have done quite well, i've just run extremely good with the ones i've posted on the forum and actually backed like 3 outsiders in the race.

Kauto Star this year? Or is age too much of a barrier? Got to admit that as much as i'd love Kauto or Denman to win it my head is telling me that one of Long Run, Diamond Harry, Pride of Dulcote etc. will have too much pace.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2011, 04:15:33 PM »

Well thanks Boldie, but in reality i think although i have done quite well, i've just run extremely good with the ones i've posted on the forum and actually backed like 3 outsiders in the race.

Kauto Star this year? Or is age too much of a barrier? Got to admit that as much as i'd love Kauto or Denman to win it my head is telling me that one of Long Run, Diamond Harry, Pride of Dulcote etc. will have too much pace.

What price would you give me in a prediction league? I've never ever really studied horse racing and probably won 6/7 bets out of like 80-100 I've put on

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2011, 04:20:05 PM »

A price only very slightly over the amount of runners as i'd say 80% of the people on here would just be doing it for a laugh going with their favourite horses/jockeys/horse names/jockeys colours.

Also because it will probs be a £10 tipsters comp with a lot of entries not a deadly serious £100 comp or summat.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2011, 04:29:24 PM »

If Kauto is 12-1 and fit I reckon he's a decent EW shot. Can't have him at the current 8-1. Reckon it's a pretty open GC so wouldn't be surprised if some sort of shock came up.

Diamond Harry needs it at least Good to Soft...he should get that but the softer it gets the more I fancy him.  Don't know if Pride Of Dulcote is ready yet TBH but could be very well hack up. Long Run is obviously a superb horse and Commander (strange for the defending Champion) is almost the forgotten horse in the race even though he's favourite...7-2 is starting to look a bit tasty TBH as, if he is fully wound up, he could make this lot look very silly indeed.

Last year you could give 3 horses a chance..this year I reckon there are at least 5 who could win it and it wouldn't surprise you...very tough indeed and I'm almost happy to be working on the Friday so I don't have to ponder it all day.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2011, 04:31:19 PM »

I wasn't a Long Run fan, but am converted and is the most likely winner for me at this stage, I dont buy the "doesn't act round cheltenham" theory ... I cant have the old guard at all
Biddy 62

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2011, 06:06:12 PM »

Count me in for naps comp.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2011, 06:07:19 PM »

If Kauto is 12-1 and fit I reckon he's a decent EW shot. Can't have him at the current 8-1. Reckon it's a pretty open GC so wouldn't be surprised if some sort of shock came up.

Diamond Harry needs it at least Good to Soft...he should get that but the softer it gets the more I fancy him.  Don't know if Pride Of Dulcote is ready yet TBH but could be very well hack up. Long Run is obviously a superb horse and Commander (strange for the defending Champion) is almost the forgotten horse in the race even though he's favourite...7-2 is starting to look a bit tasty TBH as, if he is fully wound up, he could make this lot look very silly indeed.

Last year you could give 3 horses a chance..this year I reckon there are at least 5 who could win it and it wouldn't surprise you...very tough indeed and I'm almost happy to be working on the Friday so I don't have to ponder it all day.

The bolded bit is complete nonsense.

If you believe his connections that he's the horse he was 8/1 is a fantastic price and should be a maximum bet.

If you believe your eyes that Kempton was a signpost that he's finished in top company then 12/1 is a terrible price.

The difference between 8/1 and 12/1 is tiny in % terms.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2011, 06:10:09 PM »

The bolded bit is complete nonsense.

If you believe his connections that he's the horse he was 8/1 is a fantastic price and should be a maximum bet.

If you believe your eyes that Kempton was a signpost that he's finished in top company then 12/1 is a terrible price.

The difference between 8/1 and 12/1 is tiny in % terms.

What do you believe ? Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: