blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:46:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  $1-2 live cash hand river spot
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: $1-2 live cash hand river spot  (Read 3702 times)
redarmi

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2011, 03:33:59 AM »

$1-2 live cash.  Hero has $250ish and is in MP (my image is generally as someone with a very wide raising range), villain 1 playing $220ish is UTG+1 and for the second day running he is there when I get there in the morning after having drank and played all night but is pretty ABC (the hand was played at about 11am), Villain 2 has just arrived at the table and not done anything stupid.  he is playing $250 also.

Villain 1 limps UTG+1 and I raise to $7 with  .  Villain 2 counts out about $30 as if he is planning to make a raise but then calls.  Villain 1 makes the call also.

Flop comes     two hearts.  UTG+1 checks and I bet $18.   CO calls without much thought and so does UTG+1.

Turn is   .  We all check.

River is  UTG+1 checks and I bet $40 and now the CO immmediately raises to $120.  UTG+1 folds.  what do we do next???  is it an easy call.  Is shoving or folding ever an option??? 

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 09:07:56 AM »

Folding is never an option.

Raise more pre.

Player dependent, you can jam river sometimes, but obv never folding.

Why do you check the turn? zeebo therom innit?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 04:18:12 PM »

call.

Turn chk seems OK(ish) as pleno though id prefer to bet if I was gonna check any street id prolly check the flop and bet bet

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 04:42:35 PM »

Just bet, bet, bet IMO, unless you have specific reason/read not to.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 05:07:45 PM »

yh, i mean sometimes 3 streets is too thin,but often isnt live, if I was checking any street tho Id check the flop

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 05:15:31 PM »

yh, i mean sometimes 3 streets is too thin,but often isnt live, if I was checking any street tho Id check the flop

Yeah I agree with that, although sometimes I would go super funky on later streets and overrep my hand.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 05:46:26 PM »

I think checking either the flop or turn is ok. U can rele sell the illusion of AK or a random bluff. Go for a big street of value on the river. Betting all three streets is fine too, esp live.

As played its a snap  on the river.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 05:47:50 PM »

I think checking either the flop or turn is ok. U can rele sell the illusion of AK or a random bluff. Go for a big street of value on the river. Betting all three streets is fine too, esp live.

As played its a snap  on the river.

Can we never jam? With a speech?

stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 06:39:48 PM »

BET BET BET... easy call as played
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 06:42:49 PM »

BET BET BET... easy call as played

qft, turn check is a disaster

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 06:56:09 PM »

Generally bet bet bet, but vs someone good/tricky checking either flop or turn is tricky and might get a big river payoff where he might fold if we bet both. Just an idea.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 06:59:42 PM »

Generally bet bet bet, but vs someone good/tricky checking either flop or turn is tricky and might get a big river payoff where he might fold if we bet both. Just an idea.

disagree with this really. ur never checking a 992 flop with air so when u do this then start going abs mental on later streets ur not bluffing basically
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 07:43:44 PM »

disagree with this really. ur never checking a 992 flop with air so when u do this then start going abs mental on later streets ur not bluffing basically

yh agree mostly, not chking the flop vs someone good/tricky so they think you have AK, my reasoning why if you're going to 2 barrel not 3barrel this board live then the flop is the best street to check cos your hand is pretty invenreable and i'm literally just giving someone a chance to hit something (most likely generic live chump's A and B are sat there with J8o chk folding)

default to bet bet bet tho and never leading flop and chking turn without villain specific reads

Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 08:43:58 PM »

if ur gonna check a street best street to do it is flop b/c/b lines are pretty credible esp on this board.  but in a live $1/2 game ur missing tons of value by not 3 streeting

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 12:27:47 AM »

Bit of an addendum/brag about this hand.  I actually folded the kings face up and he mucked.  Obviously the hand been bothering me massively.  Anyway yesterday I ended up on the same table as him and called a biggish bet from him with J5 on the river of a 97K25 board.  After he mucked his hand he picked up his chips and said "Im not playing with him anymore....he calls me down with 2nd bottom pair but last week he folded KK on a 999Q board when I had a 9!!!!"   Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.......

Appreciate the comments and insight though and can see why I should have called.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: