blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 02:15:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  colchester kev magic
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: colchester kev magic  (Read 41832 times)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2011, 04:37:42 PM »

The camera belongs to Blonde and cost over £1k. If people are so keen to see him return will they get him to return these too? Ktnx.

Canono 400D was never £1k, if blonde paid a grand for it, they were ripped off.  I bought one when they first came out, wasn't anything like £1k.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 15, 2011, 04:44:58 PM »

£200 on ebay

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 15, 2011, 04:45:37 PM »

The camera belongs to Blonde and cost over £1k. If people are so keen to see him return will they get him to return these too? Ktnx.

Canono 400D was never £1k, if blonde paid a grand for it, they were ripped off.  I bought one when they first came out, wasn't anything like £1k.

I have the 40D which is the higher end version of the 400D, and mine wasn't even a grand when it came out. The 400D was probably more like £350-500 new when it came out.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 15, 2011, 05:09:31 PM »

Canono 400D was never £1k, if blonde paid a grand for it, they were ripped off.  I bought one when they first came out, wasn't anything like £1k.

As I said earlier in this thread, blonde paid £550, I believe, in 2006 or so. blonde never mentioned the figure of £1000.

What it cost is immaterial, anyway

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 15, 2011, 05:31:23 PM »

To Tank and the guys quoting the comment about selling it when he was skint.  I know Kev is your friend and you want him back, but are you actually saying that in the circumstances it was ok for him to sell something that wasnt his, essententially stealing a £500 camera?*

*Not saying he did steal/sell it as I wouldnt know, but if it did happen.....

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: April 15, 2011, 05:53:19 PM »

As I said earlier in this thread, blonde paid £550, I believe, in 2006 or so. blonde never mentioned the figure of £1000.

your resident busybody must have got the figure of £1000 from somewhere. especially as the non return of the camera is a issue between the mods and kev, makes me wonder how it came to her attention let alone her business

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 15, 2011, 06:22:17 PM »

He defo sold it for a oner

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: April 15, 2011, 06:27:58 PM »

cash converters a while back now. mumbling severance pay and outstanding expenses or something ;-)

so what now? shall we shoot him, electric chair or lethal injection?

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 15, 2011, 06:28:01 PM »

your resident busybody must have got the figure of £1000 from somewhere. especially as the non return of the camera is a issue between the mods and kev, makes me wonder how it came to her attention let alone her business

If you read back to my original post you will see that your mate Vinni told me it had not been returned. Please pay attention!  Grin
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: April 15, 2011, 06:31:24 PM »

If you read back to my original post you will see that your mate Vinni told me it had not been returned. Please pay attention!  Grin

also please play attention regards the £1000 figure, im sure vinnie never mentioned that

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 15, 2011, 06:48:38 PM »

also please play attention regards the £1000 figure, im sure vinnie never mentioned that

I apologise ITB - I didn't say hello to you when you were sat at the table listening to the conversation. Oh wait........

The FACT still remains it's not been returned yet. I hope it will be.

I'm off line now so flame away, I probs won't bother to reply when I do get back on line because to quote Cos I CBA to talk to you.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 15, 2011, 07:04:10 PM »

Cliffnotes: gg the person who bumped thread..these only result in drama and help no one..including banned member.
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: April 15, 2011, 07:04:39 PM »

I apologise ITB - I didn't say hello to you when you were sat at the table listening to the conversation. Oh wait........

The FACT still remains it's not been returned yet. I hope it will be.

I'm off line now so flame away, I probs won't bother to reply when I do get back on line because to quote Cos I CBA to talk to you.

now whose not keeping up, i posted way back whats happened to the camera... keep up

million u dont post again on this thread ;-)

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 15, 2011, 07:13:09 PM »

cash converters a while back now. mumbling severance pay and outstanding expenses or something ;-)

so what now? shall we shoot him, electric chair or lethal injection?

Hi turny

None of those.

To set the record straight Kev was self employed. No contract (blonde has never had contracts with those who have done work for it) and no severance pay due. In an ideal world Kev would never have had to leave, but we simply could not afford to keep him on.

With regard to outstanding expenses Kev is not owed any monies by blonde. There were a series of problems especially after the closure of the card-room by IPoker with payments which meant that the timeliness of those was an issue for a while. All this is well known and recorded on threads at the time as to what caused the problems and Kev was informed throughout. I know how difficult this was.

When the funds were available though, Kev was paid first.

I am not after a witchhunt on Kev. I merely did not know because I had not been told why the camera was not coming back to me.

If it has been sold, I'm disappointed because it was not Kev's to sell. Not a lot I can do about it though. I do also understand some of the extreme pressures Kev was under.

I think that should be about it on the subject of the camera, and the book is coming back.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 15, 2011, 08:13:31 PM »

To Tank and the guys quoting the comment about selling it when he was skint.  I know Kev is your friend and you want him back, but are you actually saying that in the circumstances it was ok for him to sell something that wasnt his, essententially stealing a £500 camera?*

*Not saying he did steal/sell it as I wouldnt know, but if it did happen.....

Yah, that's exactly what I was saying. If I was homeless and skint I would consider wandering around the streets with nothing but a 1k camera under my arm a relatively idiotic strategy. Admittedly I would be a little disappointed to arrive at cash convertors and get offered a paltry £50 for my £1k camera, but meh I'd still snap take the nifty. Circumstance is significant when you make moral judgements. In Touching the Void that climber dude was roundly criticised for cutting the rope on his buddy and in Alive them rugby players ate people. All about circumstance. And Kev is not my friend so that's a neutral opinion unlike other posts that seem to have an agenda.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: