blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:28:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  HEM Results
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HEM Results  (Read 4848 times)
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2011, 06:26:36 PM »

OK so I bought HEM like two weeks ago to help record hands and assist with reads and habits of people I'm playing against.

Last few days my AI ev vs my winnings has developed a 100 dollar gap (sorry if I'm moaning about your guys pocket change).

I know it generally means I'm losing but I cant put my finger on why. Is it just a downswing? Is it I've suddenly gone bad (or worse?) Bad luck?

I dont expect any specific answers or help as that would be impossible (without looking through my hands and identifying how bad I've probably been playing) but just wondered what others did when they hit downswings or horrible AI ev runs?
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 06:35:49 PM »

No it doesn't mean you're losing.

Just means you're either sucking out on people all in or getting sucked out on.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 06:38:59 PM »

I don't know much about HEM but I know that allinEV vs winnings is just how well you've been doing in allin situations. If you are reguarly getting your money in good shape, the allinev line will be moving upwards. the winnings lines will move with it over time but due to variance there will be vast fluctuations up and down. if there is a 100$ difference it means you've been getting unlucky in allin sitations - this is nothing to do with playing bad. Depending on the stakes you play this could be a large downswing or a small one - for example if you're playing 1c2c you're not going to be fluctuating hundreds of dollars at a time above or below the ev line, but at 1/2 this kind of swing means nothing.

just power through the downswing mate, keep playing plenty of hands, so long as you're in a good mental state each time you play, just carry on playing your best and have confidence. if you're not confident, ask someone who's game you respect to look at some of your hand histories and ask if you're making mistakes.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 02:06:09 AM »

Yeah, I play as my friend says "big b*llocks" poker which he thinks is the reason for my swings, he's all for small ball constantly. But if I'm sticking it in good most of the time then I should reap, I musta offended Mr.Variance at one point.
I play 10c/25c and 25c/50c 6 max mainly so I'm only talking 4 buyins/2buyins but still its not nice seeing that on my graph.
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 01:13:04 PM »

If you stick at it, you can look forward to running 50+ BI under (or over!) EV.

EV is a better estimator of winrate than observed winrate but if it annoys you too much, it's best just to ignore it.  You should try to never use variance or luck as a scape goat and concentrate on getting as good as you can by examining your hands rather than your graph.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 04:21:55 PM »

If you stick at it, you can look forward to running 50+ BI under (or over!) EV.

EV is a better estimator of winrate than observed winrate but if it annoys you too much, it's best just to ignore it.  You should try to never use variance or luck as a scape goat and concentrate on getting as good as you can by examining your hands rather than your graph.
first Cody and now you. Starting to realise that there are people who actually talk sense and get results. Gl on you 2nd crown coz it's on it's way for sure

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: