blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:06:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  NLHE TPTK OOP UTG FML
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NLHE TPTK OOP UTG FML  (Read 1391 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2011, 02:46:33 AM »

Apologies if this wastes your time and is really standard easy stuff, but I'm having a bit of a crisis of confidence atm to be honest, every decision I make turns out to be the wrong one.

Live 50/1 at Gala, Notts. Playing £100 I raise  utg to £5. Villain A calls utg+1, villain B calls MP. We go 3 ways to

I lead £10, Villain A raises to £26, Villain B snap flats. I have £85 now and I shoved.

Reads

Villain A is an Italian (I think) local chap named Marius. Fishy, bad, but knows some basics. Not much info on villain B. My thoughts at the time were that Marius is the type to raise with 9x to find out where he is/raise cos he has top pair and wants to get it in. His raise sizing strongly indicated 9x but I ofc didn't rule out a set, and I slightly discounted two pair (not sure he plays the 96s or 64s). Villain B I was more worried about, but didn't think he'd snap flat with many 9x, so thought his range was 78 or 75, or sets.

With these reads I have to put it in I think. There's almost no good turn cards and I'm oop to 2 players so didn't consider flatting. Are these reads realistic to have? Is shoving here fine/standard?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 03:07:44 AM »

yeh mate seems abs fine to me.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 03:08:33 AM »

in fact im happier doing it once the second guy snap peels

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 03:29:36 AM »

As you said, cant now flat, 79 in the middle now. Jam or Fold, I'd probably do the first.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 04:29:01 AM »

Apologies if this wastes your time and is really standard easy stuff, but I'm having a bit of a crisis of confidence atm to be honest, every decision I make turns out to be the wrong one.

I forgive you :p

help the faith

Mondeoman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 07:33:31 PM »

Quite a close spot between calling or folding, i guess shoving isnt terrible but from my experience its usually a losing play (although youre more experienced in these games than me).  Dont really like shoving as villain B shouldnt be flatting a draw here unless hes terrible.  Also you said villain A is fishy - if he's passive fishy id def fold.

Could call as few good turn cards for you like an ace a club or any card that pairs the board and you can see how your opponents react if villain is raising with top pair he'll prob shut down on the turn.

Actually getting it in here v one player is not usually great news so when two have shown an interest you should prob fold.
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 03:31:49 PM »

Villain B I was more worried about, but didn't think he'd snap flat with many 9x, so thought his range was 78 or 75, or sets.

if he can have 75 he can def have two pairs too, overpairs are also possible for both of them.  I think it's probably a fold, and I think calling is probably better than jamming seeing as player b either has nuts or draw and player a will probably fold a 9 if you jam

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 03:34:00 PM »

also not really sure about no good turn cards, it's not like a KQJ really improve them very often and T6543 aren't really disaster cards since you can probably then get away if they still love their hand

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 03:39:18 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
agree with the bear here.
but ffs you just had a weekend away and got a top chick ..... and now its weekend away with the lads......whats not to like about the situation. come round mine and potty train the twins and get nagged to death by the wife then i might feel for you.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 04:59:31 PM »

pretty clear flop fold.
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 05:03:32 PM »

Probably fold pre only 100bb's deep. Opening A6s-A9s UTG will lead to a world of hurt, when lots of live players never fold AxXx pre. I think its close between calling and folding the flop, probably slightly in favour of folding given we know little about villian B

@whollyflush on twitter
Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 05:20:38 PM »

^ is especially true in high rake games that favour nits

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 06:21:59 PM »

Fold pre.  You are getting way too tricky for these games.  UTG just bet hands with good value that are going to be easy to play post flop because when you open here with a hand like A9 there are almost no flops that are going to be great for you and easy to play oop.  In my games at a similar level I have learnt it is almost always correct to let these go.  It is hard to put these guys on logical ranges and as Rupert says if you can put him on 57 calling a 5xbb raise then it isn't a massive odds he could have 46 or even 96 and at the other end of the spectrum a lot of bad players will only call a raise with JJ/TT/99 too but now they love their hands obv.  I would guess the raiser has a set a lot of the time but the callers money (probably dead money but a monster sometimes too) makes it a lot closer. I find a fold here. Out of interest what do you if villain B folds?

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 06:26:40 PM »

seeing a trend  in FOLD PRE in a lot of hands you get bummed with alex. fuck em. how the hell go these guys know whats coming on the flop and if you aint in you cant win. Wink

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 10:14:32 PM »

I assume its 9 handed, in which case definitely fold pre. I'd probably fold pre 6 handed too but def wouldn't tell anyone Wink

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: