blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:57:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  AA in 4 bet pot 250bb's deep in .50/1 game
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AA in 4 bet pot 250bb's deep in .50/1 game  (Read 2773 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2011, 08:37:50 PM »

your only beat by qq or 88 and he rarely jams those hands here its one of easiest calls you will have to make
you will wake up against KK JJ TT 99 more often than not

Do you really think he flats TT or worse here? Especially when he's sat there tanking and asking me a billion questions? Also factor into it that he's a super straightforward opponent? I'm not being sarcastic but I find it hard to believe that sort of opponent flats TT or worse in that spot. I think JJ is very close to a snap fold.

Does KK flat pre? I guess he can and then shoves a non ace high board? I still think most players are shoving pre with KK here personally...

snap.  fwiw id also make it smaller pre.

Congrats on the GUKPT and winning the Sky Vegas package Mr Outkicked.

What do you make it pre?

well i havent been at the table with him but i often see ABC players calling with pairs 8+ and jamming on a none Aor K board
not sure if he is a rock or just a textbook player if ABC i can see him calling small pairs and jamming i would rule out AQs either

KK flats alot looking for a none ace board as alot players seems to hate taking the value in the 1-2 shot of getting it in against
the ace with kings

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2011, 08:59:13 PM »

played fine, snapcall the shove. folding because he might have QQ is ridiculous.
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2011, 12:06:47 AM »

think 80 is too big as we are never gonna be raise/folding that amount so something like 55/65 is better IMO as people can peel wider/jam wider IMO.

given reads too its hard to see him stacking off pre there even with KK so I think the more we make it the harder it is for us to get in stacks.  fwiw id rather flat than make it 80 even if we are so deep...also for the reason that given reads he ain't gonna be 3betting light with stuff like 9Ts or 77 etc its always gonna be broadway cards or TT thru to KK.

awooga sir username?Huh?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:09:42 AM by scotty77 » Logged
Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2011, 01:08:48 PM »

think 80 is too big as we are never gonna be raise/folding that amount so something like 55/65 is better IMO as people can peel wider/jam wider IMO.

given reads too its hard to see him stacking off pre there even with KK so I think the more we make it the harder it is for us to get in stacks.  fwiw id rather flat than make it 80 even if we are so deep...also for the reason that given reads he ain't gonna be 3betting light with stuff like 9Ts or 77 etc its always gonna be broadway cards or TT thru to KK.

awooga sir username?Huh?

Can understand the thoughts re: making it 55/60, but I made it so large because the table was full of people drinking who were capable of shoving over the top (most were 200bb plus) thinking they had FE and the villain in this case was pretty much never 3b/folding.

That said, given what happened: he had QQ and said he knew I had aces and unless he flopped a set he wasn't putting in a penny more (the less said about this the better) - I'd have to agree with your first sentence in the second paragraph...

It was a real mindfuck of a hand. Despite the general consensus in here I was super close to folding. I realise that given pot odds etc and that his range should contain more than just QQ it would be a super tight fold (possibly very bad in fact) but given live tells etc I was close to making it.

I'm the long-time banned WMF. AWOOGA.

strak33

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2011, 02:18:16 PM »

At least if he had 22 ironside looks silly
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2011, 05:25:31 PM »

Folding would have been a mistake, trust me.

Click the call btn and think nothing of it, he "knew you had Aces" but took 5/2 on his money preflop to hit a 15/2 shot so wp him pay him his money even with his "implied odds" he's losing money on the play Wink

Or MAYBE - he didn't really know you had Aces, didn't really know exactly how to play the hand and wasn't getting away from it on any flop that didn't contain a A or a K............

people talk a lot.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2011, 08:03:42 PM »

Lol @ your opponent. He's talkin out of his arse.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2011, 08:08:17 PM »

Lol @ your opponent. He's talkin out of his arse.

I didn't table my hand at any point so he had no idea what I had. He simply said it afterwards that he put me on AA or KK.

Of course otherwise, had it been the case he had said it after seeing my hand I would have laughed at him too.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2011, 08:32:10 PM »

bluff more, be more aggresive. then it wont be so obvious you have aces ldo

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2011, 08:35:48 PM »

Folding would have been a mistake, trust me.

Click the call btn and think nothing of it, he "knew you had Aces" but took 5/2 on his money preflop to hit a 15/2 shot so wp him pay him his money even with his "implied odds" he's losing money on the play Wink

Or MAYBE - he didn't really know you had Aces, didn't really know exactly how to play the hand and wasn't getting away from it on any flop that didn't contain a A or a K............

people talk a lot.
wifi in the whore house dave?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 12:11:50 AM »

ah WMF perma ban then I take it?

good to see that your playing LOL live but obv not being 2 outered for deep stacks tho Sad
swansfc

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 12:16:30 AM »

lol at how bad he plays his hand :/ donk shoving the flop is terribad! unlucky he 2 outered you.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 12:26:57 AM »

At least if he had 22 ironside looks silly

i dont need him to wake up with 22 to make me look silly

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2011, 09:25:34 AM »

ah WMF perma ban then I take it?

good to see that your playing LOL live but obv not being 2 outered for deep stacks tho Sad

Yeah, been banned for a long time now I think about it. No desire to go back, it was becoming very boring before I left. A certain TV company saw to that.

Busted my roll not so long ago on drunk monkey tilt, so in the process of rebuilding. Luckily I binked a 10 quid rebuy the night of that cash hand for 760 so I was up for the night.

I shall be on my way to Sky asap. Been watching the TV channel and it still hasn't improved much at all. Also like the look of the Sky Roller you got them to stick in the schedule.

Best of luck and hopefully I shall see you soon.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: