blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:47:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Competition: Win a Session with Mental Game Coach Jared Tendler
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Competition: Win a Session with Mental Game Coach Jared Tendler  (Read 13056 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« on: June 02, 2011, 05:02:16 PM »

Cheers to Tighty for allowing this.

As most of you will know, I have a book out with Jared Tendler, called The Mental Game of Poker. Jared is a mental game coach with tons of qualifications and years of experience working with professional poker players and professional golfers. We are coming up with new more interactive ways to promote the book and we also want to give Blonde some exclusive content where we can, because they have been very good to us and lots of you have bought the book already. One of the most compelling things we have found people responded to is actually listening in to what a client session with Jared sounds like and also anything interactive where Jared can answer your questions, so we thought we would combine the two.

So we are going to offer out a free session with Jared to someone who has a major tilt/confidence/motivation issue at the poker tables. All we ask is that we can record it to turn into a podcast for the Blonde community. If you are interested just reply in this post why you want the session - be as detailed or as daft as you want.

For more info on the book go to http://mentalgameofpoker.com/ and use promo code 2011 for 10% off.

Blonde thread about the book http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=52878.0

Press Blurb on Jared:

Jared Tendler, M.S., LMHC, was a mental game coach for golfers on the PGA and LPGA tours before he became the leading mental game expert in poker. He now coaches some of the top players in poker and more than 150 other professionals from around the world. Jared’s groundbreaking methods have also helped thousands more through his training videos, articles, and forum Q&As. He is also a featured coach for DragtheBar.com, and writes monthly instructional articles for WPT Magazine and Poker Pro Europe.

Jared earned a master’s degree in Counseling Psychology from Northeastern University, and became a licensed mental health counselor prior to becoming a mental game coach in 2005.

Dale Phillips Blurb on Barry Carter:
'Jared Tendler's bum chum'
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 06:40:52 PM »

I purchased the book a few weeks ago, i haven't read it yet but have only scanned through various pages/chapters so far but I would love the to have the session with Jared. I have always been fascinated by the the Psychology of Sport and studied this particular subject for 4 yrs at University at undergraduate and postgradate levels, winning national awards for my dissertations and producing content that was published in the Journal of Sport Sciences Smiley Can't believe no one has posted anything tbh, this seems like a great opportunity imo. Right, here are my psychological problems/issues lol. Probably get ripped to shreds by a few fish on here but fuck it....

I have been playing poker since 2004 and have been earning a living from the game since 2008. However, my main problems are been not being able to push on and have the balls to play higher limits and bigger buyins even though i feel i can beat the higher games something has always held me back. I think its partly to do with fear and my gulp limits. It still hurts to lose say $1k in a night when i have lost and won that amount many times before, it still bothers me. Therefore im reluctant to risk $2-3k in a night sometimes even though in the past i have probably been bank rolled to do so. Arrrgh its annoying Smiley

Furthermore, its been well documented in my blog over the yrs and im well known amongst other poker players as a 'lazy' player. However, although i am a lazy shit i think this again has something to do with sitting down at a table and risking a large some of money. Im not motivated to play the game i know i can beat because i've beaten them games many times before and the prize pools they offer don't really excite me, again probably because i have won what they have too offer previously. I also have the problem of booking a win and sometimes not continuing when the games are good. Years ago when the games where ultra soft i used to sometimes sit at a few $1/2 2/4 games and quickly make $600-1000 and then log off! Stupid, but i wanted to book the win and didnt want to lose it back even though i know the longer i play the more money i make. Same thing with tournaments now, i roughly know how much i can make per tourn on avergage but i still dont increase my volume just incase i brick every mtt and lose a few grand in one session. It seems the very best players are able to dettach themselves from the value of money although that can also be their downfall too i guess.

I've never really had any poker related goals either which is obviously a huge problem aswell. I've just drifted along the last few yrs, content to make a modest living in comparison to some other players earning. I have just basically just lived a comfortable life and done a fair amount of travelling with the freedo that poker provides but never really pushed on or tested myself partly due to the above reasons.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh, help me Jared lol!!!

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 06:49:19 PM »

I need it more than anyone on blonde. That is my case. I whinge, moan, take beats personally, berate the fish and have fallen of the non whinging bandwagon more times than I can remember.

Oh and I might chuckle on the podcast.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 06:51:38 PM »

Oh and I have purchased the book and read 3 chapters. It is helping me but I am still finding myself falling into the same habits. Then I try and not be a mental fish and it frustrates me even more lol

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 07:22:56 PM »

i need the motivation more than anyone, i just cant keep my mind on the game. i keep letting mind wonder even stuck on bedrest at the moment i could be playing 16 hours a day but i keep putting off opening the software. any old excuse will do to do something else, i really enjoy the game when i get going but do lose concentration when deep and tried opening more tables and closing don table to keep mind active

i only have 2 hobbies in life chasing women and playing poker and currently i cant chase women so should be 100% focused on poker but tonight is another example of me not being motivated enough to open the software up

oh and i can moan more than GL2 if anyone would listen to me

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 07:39:30 PM »

Yeh same as Ironside. I waste hrs of my life sometimes sitting in front of the lappy when i should be grinding but i dont. I blame it on a lack of motivation but i'm not sure thats the sole reason. For example im going to a wedding tomorrow so i'm reluctant to logon incase i lose money tonight thus affecting my mood tomo. arrrgh uehfuihgcdbzfjscdiljfdskcj

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 07:41:41 PM »

I just want to meet Barry Carter and get his autograph.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 07:45:01 PM »

I just want to meet Barry Humphreis and get his autograph.

FYP

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 07:47:07 PM »

I just want to meet Barry Humphreis and get his autograph.

FYP

I have met Barry Greenstein, Barry Chuckle, and Barry Hayles. I just need to meet Humphires and Manilow to complete the set
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 07:48:39 PM »

would love to meet the chuckle brothers

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 07:48:54 PM »

Humphries is obviously a difficult word to spell.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 07:49:43 PM »

ffs messed up my own fix

i'll get my coat as i am leaving

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 07:50:38 PM »

I was about 8, it was at Butlins, I went to get his autograph, he asked my name, I said Barry, he said 'thats my name that is'.

Best day of my life
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 07:53:35 PM »

I was about 8, it was at Butlins, I went to get his autograph, he asked my name, I said Barry, he said 'thats my name that is'.

Best day of my life

got my nephew a dvd of the chuckle brothers love it when we get to watch it silliness is great

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 10:36:40 PM »

I am the ultimate tilt patient/nonbelieving spazz monkey

pick me

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: