blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:12:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272718 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Wimbledon with Horneris
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wimbledon with Horneris  (Read 24773 times)
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2011, 03:10:24 PM »

Yeah just needs to keep serving incred, 3 holds to go.

Does have a tendency to throw in the dodgy game but is playing well.

Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2011, 03:17:29 PM »

Brent had a sweat earlier after giving me 100/1 on Robson

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2011, 04:26:10 PM »

Other 2 of interest are Pironkova and Simon both at around the 7/2 mark but the strength of Delpo and Zvonny makes me very reluctant and not sure i'll get involved.

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2011, 04:26:47 PM »

Yeah just needs to keep serving incred, 3 holds to go.

Does have a tendency to throw in the dodgy game but is playing well.

thanks for the tip. i seem to be doing well with cheery picking the winners out of yours and solaris's tips....
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2011, 09:34:44 PM »

Oh dear Ace, as if we're gona lose this 3-1 Murray from here.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2011, 09:51:15 PM »

oi oi.

Reechard sends him home in the 4th round tho.

Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2011, 10:25:45 PM »

come on solaris, where are todays picks? The mrs's new shoes won't pay for themselves you know.

Sorry sir! The fat ***** in the office decided he'd fake yet another illness today and I was pretty much forced to cover his shift. I work nights anyway so being forced to work till 4pm well and truly killed me.

I'm not one for after timing so I'll keep my bets to myself!

Will post some stuff up later before I go to work - again.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2011, 12:02:15 AM »

No worries mate, I took care of business with 2 winners/3 @ 4.2 and 3/1.

Maybe we can join forces tomorrow.

Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2011, 12:27:37 AM »

No worries mate, I took care of business with 2 winners/3 @ 4.2 and 3/1.

Maybe we can join forces tomorrow.

Good work. Had Lopez myself. Like you didn't like the 7-0 h2h but Roddick is dog shit atm and should retire soon before he slips even further down the rankings.

Tomorrow:

Kubot @ 4 v Monfils (match already started, 1-1 in sets 3 all in games)
Lu @ 3.1 v Llodra
Haase @ 3.8 v Fish
Almagro @ 2.26 v Youzhny

Czink @ 3.5 v Peng

Will post more tomorrow potentially.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 12:30:28 AM by Solaris » Logged
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2011, 02:14:11 AM »

I can't have Kubot at all. Monfils has so much talent. If he wants it even a little bit he should be able to wrap it up in 4.

Lu every chance if Llodra drops his 1st serve % a bit, Haase very good price but I have Fish for Top American @ 6/1 and if he went out this round I would be involved in a 5 way dead heat (if he goes through I win) so I have to stick with him. I would make Haase about a 2/1 shot tho so 3.8 big value.

My best bets for tomorrow are Simon @ 4.0 against Del Potro (currently locked at 0-1 4-2). Simon was largely giving him the run around but not taking chances today and having read Del Potro's interview transcripts this week it seems he is using this tournament for grass court practice for the future years and says he is "slowly" getting back to fitness. Price is too big.

Fancy Soderling to murder Tomic. Tomic is over-rated, he just plops the ball back. Hopefully Soderlings not in one of his funny moods and he can dispatch of the young Aussie fairly easily. I would rather go the game handicap than the set betting of 3-0 as he could throw a wobbly one set then come back and piss the next. -7.5 Alternative Handicap is 7/4 with Paddy Power, seems a good price.

I have to agree with Solaris that Almagro is a bet @ 2.26 vs Youzhny. I know his grass court record is woeful but its a new Almagro this last year, year and a half and hes been very impressive in his opening rounds. Youzhny always likes to exit Wimbledon at about this round, i'd actually make Almagro very marginal fav, he strikes the ball so cleanly from both sides.

Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2011, 08:29:13 AM »

I can't have Kubot at all. Monfils has so much talent. If he wants it even a little bit he should be able to wrap it up in 4.

But for how long have we been saying that? He's never once looked like taking out a top, top player in a 5 set match (unless you think beating Ferrer counts?) and his inconsistent nature is his downfall.

For me with Kubot already having won a set added to the fact he is a big server, he represents real value at 4. It would only take him knicking the third set with Monfils starting slowly or taking it on the tb and his odds will plummet.

If nothing else that makes him a potentially very good trading bet.

For me with Lu having beaten Troicki so comfortably and when you consider he has some decent past results (knocked out Roddick last year etc) I make him very good value at his current price. I think Llodra will have to be on top serving form in order to progress. It's worth noting that Llodra has never been beyond the second round at Wimbledon.

Haase is more of a value play. Fish was very clinical at the end of each set vs Istomin and is rightly the favourite here but having watched Haase I feel he's overpriced. I wouldn't be surprised to see Fish win in 3, but that's not the point, I'm seeking value and Haase is definitely it at 3.8.

I agree with everything you said about Almagro. That match will be the best of the day imo. Two real fighters and one super classy technician in Almagro. Can't wait to watch that.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2011, 01:54:25 PM »

sigh, JMDP has started incred

Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2011, 02:23:38 PM »

Kubot takes the third set 6-3!
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2011, 02:46:39 PM »

Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2011, 03:01:58 PM »

Lukasz Kubot, you're now officially my second favourite Pole after Wojciech Szczesny.

The fact no-one else was in the running shouldn't detract from this fabulous accolade.

+20 profit for today with my two best bets coming up.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: