blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:02:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 414319 times)
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2955 on: September 14, 2019, 11:56:17 AM »

Not being able to buy a wingspade hose clip in a bricks and mortar shop.

Pochin in Leicester, went in there a few years back and was so tempted to ask for fork handles.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2956 on: September 14, 2019, 05:10:33 PM »

Not being able to buy a wingspade hose clip in a bricks and mortar shop.

Pochin in Leicester, went in there a few years back and was so tempted to ask for fork handles.

Thanks Longy, I'll pop in tomorrow but I'm not hopeful.

The older I get, the better I was.
buffyslayer1

View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: September 16, 2019, 08:11:54 AM »

Workmen who don't turn up on time or at all

With you on this really pisses me off. Especially when  you have made special arrangements.

Friday was due to have a smart meter installed. They were due between 12-4 had to arrange for someone to pick kids up from school. Not only did they not turn up I got a e mail saying you were due to have a installation but nobody was home. Bloody cheek, am absolutely fuming as its not the first time either this happened.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: September 16, 2019, 08:31:54 AM »

With you on this really pisses me off. Especially when  you have made special arrangements.

Friday was due to have a smart meter installed. They were due between 12-4 had to arrange for someone to pick kids up from school. Not only did they not turn up I got a e mail saying you were due to have a installation but nobody was home. Bloody cheek, am absolutely fuming as its not the first time either this happened.

I waited in for a new Smart Meter to be fitted on the due day. At 2pm the van drew up in the turning. Fella gets out & I can see him posting something though everyone's door. He gets to me & I'm waiting to see what it says.

You were out when we called as per our appointment. Please contact xxxxx to arrange a new appointment.

I catch him, & yell at him to come back.

He halfheartedly apologises & says he'll fit the new Meter right away. He takes a cursory look at the Meter Housing, scratches his head & says "ahh, non-standard one, sorry mate, I don't carry those with me, you'll have to re-book".

Seems to me most utility companies are terrible at Customer Service. Meanwhile, the ultra-efficient Ryanair gets flak galore.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 09:12:21 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2959 on: September 16, 2019, 08:49:52 AM »

I refuse a request to fit a smart meter about once a week.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: September 16, 2019, 09:27:43 AM »

There was a report on the BBC last week saying that about a third of the companies installing smart meters were still installing the original type rather than the up to date versions.

I think the main problem with the original type was that they only worked with whatever company was supplying you when they were fitted - so even if you do get them fitted you have to check they're putting in the right kind.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2961 on: September 16, 2019, 10:01:43 AM »

There was a report on the BBC last week saying that about a third of the companies installing smart meters were still installing the original type rather than the up to date versions.

I think the main problem with the original type was that they only worked with whatever company was supplying you when they were fitted - so even if you do get them fitted you have to check they're putting in the right kind.

It's another shambles, like the identity card balls up or HS2.

buffyslayer1

View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: September 16, 2019, 10:11:35 AM »

With you on this really pisses me off. Especially when  you have made special arrangements.

I waited in for a new Smart Meter to be fitted on the due day. At 2pm the van drew up in the turning. Fella gets out & I can see him posting something though everyone's door. He gets to me & I'm waiting to see what it says.

You were out when we called as per our appointment. Please contact xxxxx to arrange a new appointment.

I catch him, & yell at him to come back.

He halfheartedly apologises & says he'll fit the new Meter right away. He takes a cursory look at the Meter Housing, scratches his head & says "ahh, non-standard one, sorry mate, I don't carry those with me, you'll have to re-book".

Seems to me most utility companies are terrible at Customer Service. Meanwhile, the ultra-efficient Ryanair gets flak galore.

Actually this makes sense some kind of scam these guys have, they probably get some kind of fee for just turning up or something thinking about it. This way they make a boat load without actually doing something.

Whole thing is scandalous glad you at least managed to catch the bugger.

DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: September 16, 2019, 12:48:06 PM »

Hope you complained to the company, giving a detailed account of their dishonesty. I bet hundreds have been inconvenienced by their scam.

I will continue to resist all requests to add a smart meter. I think seeing them constantly ticking up while eating electricity to do so would put me on tilt.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 12:49:51 PM by DropTheHammer » Logged
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: September 16, 2019, 02:19:27 PM »

I had a similar issue with a delivery, I was waiting home specifically for this delivery when I received an email and a text from DPD saying that the driver attempted to deliver but nobody was home. I called DPD directly and after being told that I should have been more alert to the drivers' door knocking. As you can imagine I flipped and called them and their driver every name under the sun. Funnily within 1 hour of when I told them I'd send them CCTV footage of nobody knocking my door, there was a knock on the door with my delivery.

Ah! The element of surprise
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: September 16, 2019, 02:21:15 PM »

I had a smart meter fitted with my last supplier, I dont really see the issue of having them although I dont believe it saves me any money.

Ah! The element of surprise
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: September 16, 2019, 03:40:43 PM »

I had a similar issue with a delivery, I was waiting home specifically for this delivery when I received an email and a text from DPD saying that the driver attempted to deliver but nobody was home. I called DPD directly and after being told that I should have been more alert to the drivers' door knocking. As you can imagine I flipped and called them and their driver every name under the sun. Funnily within 1 hour of when I told them I'd send them CCTV footage of nobody knocking my door, there was a knock on the door with my delivery.

Something about the way you have phrased that which greatly amused me.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2967 on: September 16, 2019, 03:49:25 PM »

As I was walking down the stairs,
I saw a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
I wish that man would go away.

bobAlike

View Profile