blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:10:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 414241 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2940 on: August 29, 2019, 01:22:51 PM »

Probably due to being the last officially confirmed number, but they’ve heard of others in addition since.

Oy! This thread is for ranting, not logical explanations.

The older I get, the better I was.
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: September 05, 2019, 08:19:32 AM »

Haha, I did see a news report last night where the screen had the figure of 42% and the voice over said “over 40%...” Should have just given the actual figure!
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: September 05, 2019, 09:31:16 AM »

When somebody sneezes and another says 'bless you'. Never said that in my life but when others say 'bless you' it somehow makes me feel guilty for not saying it?!? But people can sneeze like 3 or 4 times so the first 'bless you' is delivered with enthusiasm and then just runs out of steam out after the third sneeze, so I'm thinking is 'bless you' a thing or not? If somebody does say 'bless you' with equal enthusiasm after a series of sneezes it sounds weird. Also 'bless you' for spreading all your germs everywhere?!? Can we just forget 'bless you' because protocol is not properly defined, it's inconsistent and confusing.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: September 05, 2019, 09:59:44 AM »

When somebody sneezes and another says 'bless you'. Never said that in my life but when others say 'bless you' it somehow makes me feel guilty for not saying it?!? But people can sneeze like 3 or 4 times so the first 'bless you' is delivered with enthusiasm and then just runs out of steam out after the third sneeze, so I'm thinking is 'bless you' a thing or not? If somebody does say 'bless you' with equal enthusiasm after a series of sneezes it sounds weird. Also 'bless you' for spreading all your germs everywhere?!? Can we just forget 'bless you' because protocol is not properly defined, it's inconsistent and confusing.

No no no, you've got that all wrong, there is a clear protocol for multiple sneezes.

A single sneeze, yes, that gets the standard "bless you", but when we get to multiples, it goes like this;

Once a wish
Twice a kiss
Three times a letter
Four times something better

So 4 is always a good bet.

Having said that, when folks say "bless you" after I sneeze, I feel like punching them in the face, it's arguably one of our dafter traditions, & so we can probably assume it started over in the Eastern Counties.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: September 05, 2019, 10:58:22 AM »

What the hell?

Good luck to anybody sneezing everywhere getting a kiss or something better

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

buffyslayer1

View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: September 09, 2019, 12:28:16 PM »

I don't post on blonde much but I lurk a bunch. On a Monday morning rant and need to get it out of my system.

People that park in car parks but not in actual spaces. Where I live there are lot or car parks around offices where people (especially taxi drivers) park right in front of the entrance, which also happens to be the entry to the actual car park.
The other week someone actually parked behind me blocking me in with the indicators flashing and not in the car. I had to wait 30 mins until they came back. To make matters worse there were empty spaces all over the place and it was the middle of the day.

When waiting for a lift and the button has been pressed to call the lift, someone walks up and presses it again. Why, why, why do they think it makes it come quicker or something.

People that wait for other people or other people in front of entrances/exits, you can wait anywhere in the whole dam place why wait exactly the one place where you will be in others way.

Quite a few driving ones, which tilt me everyday

Taxi drivers inability to drive properly. Also add to that those people that drive 40pmh regardless of the speed limit, taxi drivers seem especially adept at this.

On a similar note on the motorway, you go into he fast lane to overtake someone. Some tool comes speeding up behind you being somewhat pushy/aggro. You overtake move over and then they continue at the same speed as before.

Slowing right down/stopping at roundabouts when there is no traffic coming from the right.

Asking someone how they are doing and they answer 'doing good'.

In the queue at a shop (normally local shop) and someone comes behind you in the queue and asks if they can go in front because they only have a couple of items, when you clearly have one item yourself.

People shouting down the phone when on a call, I have a small private office with paper thin walls. For some reason the guy next to me feels the need to shout at the top of his voice when on the phone. I have earplugs in now at the office (no joke) and its still like he is in the room with me. To be fair I did speak to him about it (nicely) and he has tried to tone it down.

TV programs/people that claim someone has a photographic memory (mainly because I have been binge watching suits) or any kind of pseudo science stuff you see/hear that gets passed off as a real thing.

Playing live poker at local small tournaments (I made mistake of playing one at the weekend):

Thanking the dealer for a suck out
Constantly forgetting to put in your blinds
Watching a movie on a ipad while playing (3 people did this at one of my tables)
Wearing sunglasses indoors at a local £50 comp

Paying the bubble - tilts me so hard.
Made the final table and 8 get paid, FT is 10 handed (not a brag its a £50 tournament v a bunch of whales).

First thing that happens is two people pipe up about paying the bubble, one of which was the huge chip leader. I decline to do it, then 2 of them including the dealer start explaining to me what it means. Because they thought I meant a normal deal as how could anyone not want to pay the bubble. When I explained I knew what they meant, it was greeted first with disbelief that I would not want to do followed by a few people being clearly pissed off that I would not agree. 

As you can see its mainly people that seem to annoy me, mainly doing randomly idiotic things.

Rant over enjoy

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: September 10, 2019, 08:13:04 AM »

Fk off.....

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20190909-why-flight-shame-is-making-people-swap-planes-for-trains
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: September 10, 2019, 09:28:05 AM »

Very much seems like the type of journalist who writes articles on the basis of - this is what I believe, and all my friends agree, so it must be true for everyone.

The actual evidence in it seems to primarily consist of an increased demand for night trains (increased dramatically from the point where they were about to be scrapped that is); and a reduction in domestic flights in Sweden Cheesy

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: September 10, 2019, 12:00:56 PM »

I don't post on blonde much but I lurk a bunch. On a Monday morning rant and need to get it out of my system.

People that park in car parks but not in actual spaces. Where I live there are lot or car parks around offices where people (especially taxi drivers) park right in front of the entrance, which also happens to be the entry to the actual car park.
The other week someone actually parked behind me blocking me in with the indicators flashing and not in the car. I had to wait 30 mins until they came back. To make matters worse there were empty spaces all over the place and it was the middle of the day.

When waiting for a lift and the button has been pressed to call the lift, someone walks up and presses it again. Why, why, why do they think it makes it come quicker or something.

People that wait for other people or other people in front of entrances/exits, you can wait anywhere in the whole dam place why wait exactly the one place where you will be in others way.

Quite a few driving ones, which tilt me everyday

Taxi drivers inability to drive properly. Also add to that those people that drive 40pmh regardless of the speed limit, taxi drivers seem especially adept at this.

On a similar note on the motorway, you go into he fast lane to overtake someone. Some tool comes speeding up behind you being somewhat pushy/aggro. You overtake move over and then they continue at the same speed as before.

Slowing right down/stopping at roundabouts when there is no traffic coming from the right.

Asking someone how they are doing and they answer 'doing good'.

In the queue at a shop (normally local shop) and someone comes behind you in the queue and asks if they can go in front because they only have a couple of items, when you clearly have one item yourself.

People shouting down the phone when on a call, I have a small private office with paper thin walls. For some reason the guy next to me feels the need to shout at the top of his voice when on the phone. I have earplugs in now at the office (no joke) and its still like he is in the room with me. To be fair I did speak to him about it (nicely) and he has tried to tone it down.

TV programs/people that claim someone has a photographic memory (mainly because I have been binge watching suits) or any kind of pseudo science stuff you see/hear that gets passed off as a real thing.

Playing live poker at local small tournaments (I made mistake of playing one at the weekend):

Thanking the dealer for a suck out
Constantly forgetting to put in your blinds
Watching a movie on a ipad while playing (3 people did this at one of my tables)
Wearing sunglasses indoors at a local £50 comp

Paying the bubble - tilts me so hard.
Made the final table and 8 get paid, FT is 10 handed (not a brag its a £50 tournament v a bunch of whales).

First thing that happens is two people pipe up about paying the bubble, one of which was the huge chip leader. I decline to do it, then 2 of them including the dealer start explaining to me what it means. Because they thought I meant a normal deal as how could anyone not want to pay the bubble. When I explained I knew what they meant, it was greeted first with disbelief that I would not want to do followed by a few people being clearly pissed off that I would not agree. 

As you can see its mainly people that seem to annoy me, mainly doing randomly idiotic things.

Rant over enjoy

Good effort this :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: September 12, 2019, 07:24:30 AM »

Women golfers

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: September 12, 2019, 07:46:49 AM »

Women golfers

That’s a brave comment for a man that earns his crust running a golf venue.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: September 12, 2019, 08:02:43 AM »

Captain of my Club this year.

The golfing bit is the least of your worries.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: September 14, 2019, 12:49:07 AM »

Folk who arrive at a busy crossing before you, want to cross the road, but don't bother pressing the button

Folk who don't know how to queue, stand behind me mate, not beside me

Folk who pay for things by their phone and hold the queue up

large businesses who say it's quicker to pay by phone, when it's clearly not
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: September 14, 2019, 09:30:38 AM »

Workmen who don't turn up on time or at all

Ah! The element of surprise
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2954 on: September 14, 2019, 11:20:52 AM »

Not being able to buy a wingspade hose clip in a bricks and mortar shop.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 ... 206 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: