blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:52:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 411494 times)
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: July 01, 2011, 12:19:27 AM »

Is it anything to do with their area not being the other postcode (SS8 in your example) and the terms of their contract state they can't deliver there? You might be annoyed if you paid to be the SS8 driver and someone else delivered there.

Had a similar thing with Dominoes many years ago - they refused to deliver to where we were because it was outside their franchise area (by about 500 yards) - despite their being no other dominoes for miles around.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 01, 2011, 09:29:23 AM »

Is it anything to do with their area not being the other postcode (SS8 in your example) and the terms of their contract state they can't deliver there? You might be annoyed if you paid to be the SS8 driver and someone else delivered there.

Had a similar thing with Dominoes many years ago - they refused to deliver to where we were because it was outside their franchise area (by about 500 yards) - despite their being no other dominoes for miles around.

It's not that really. When you buy a postcode you're effectively buying the rights to deliver there and to be the only who is able to do so (obviously). However you're doing that for no other reason than to ensure you have work as it means no-one else can deliver there.

That said, if you spoke to the driver who owned the rights to SS8 he's hardly going to throw a fit when he founds out the reasoning for another driver delivering in his postcode - especially as it saves him another delivery the next day.

In the case mond described, it simply sounds like the driver couldn't be arsed to actually go and do his job and deliver the parcel as it meant traveling a far distance so managed to hide behind the postcode change.

Most drivers whinge, whine and act like teenage girls when they're given quite a number of drops so they'll do their up most to lose a few deliveries if they can.

Then again my bias always shines through as I dislike most drivers immensely. I can't understand why they chose to drive then spend all day and night doing their absolute best to avoid doing the job at hand. Fuck 'em.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: July 01, 2011, 09:39:11 AM »

people giving the code to secure gates to random delivery guys

I guess you would sit outside the front of your house waiting for him then  Roll Eyes

do you not have an intercom? somewhat bizarre system if not

That is part of the second line security system bro..........

Where the hell do you live, Fort Knox?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: July 01, 2011, 09:43:12 AM »

Just out of interest, how often do the parcels turn up looking like a pile of shit?

City Link are probably the worst for this to be honest.  The missus had a lot of photographs delivered from the framers, and I went to the door to take the delivery.  He opened the side-door of the van and the parcels in the back were strewn everywhere.  I made sure I signed as 'unseen', and sure enough when we checked the pictures, two had the glass broken , despite them being wrapped VERY carefully by the framers.

We called the framers and they said it had happened before, and we told them about the state of the stuff in the van.  They replaced the frames at their cost (obviously), and we suggested they use a different courier next time.  They replied "but they're far cheaper than anyone else."  idiot

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 01, 2011, 09:44:54 AM »

City link couriers aldlsdihedij,,sdkd..s,s.,w.e,we./wel,;we

I work for City Link...so I understand your pain. 

A truly tinpot outfit. Was told last night we've lost 13mill this year, having lost 95mill last year.

Unfortunately for reasons unknown to all of us, Rentokil Initial continue to bankroll us. We all wish they'd stopped doing it and just offer us all redundancy. I'd take it in a heart beat.

I was really fucking angry today, get this one.............

Ordered a before 9am delivery as normal, woke up at 7.30am and was ready to receive by 7.45am and listening out for them. I live behind a secure gate that needs a code to get through, I passed on the gate code as I always do. 9.30am nothing..........so I called them up, 'there was an attempted delivery at 8.04am sir' eh, WTF? Is the guy a fucking ninja or something? I can usually hear the van. Turns out he wasn't passed on the gate code, ok no problem we can work around that I thought, we all make mistakes.

I was working in a hotel around the corner from where I live today, it is literally 500 yards from my house, I mean literally. So I asked can you drop at the hotel as I need to go there now? Got back to me 30 mins later 'sorry sir we cannot do that its in a different postal area from your house, a different driver covers that delivery area', me 'WTF Its literally 500 yards from my house?', him 'sorry standard SOP'. I blew my fucking top at this point.

Got called back an hour from some supervisor who managed to sort it but I didn't get the stuff until 2pm. I've shorted this story as I can't be arsed writing it it full but there were a few other phone calls I had to make to get it to happen.

Seriously there are some proper jobworths about Angry

The thing about the post codes is what frustrates me most. Considering a lot of these guys have paid good money to get their vans plastered with the City Link logo, I never ceased to be amazed at their lack of willingness to actually go out and do their job and deliver parcels. I personally work nights and am in involved in the route planning for the drivers, so I'll be the twunt who has to deal with the sort of issue you had all day long and it never ceases to get me worked up.

Problem is we have a system in which the majority of the drives are self-employed. They buy the rights to a post-code (e.g. SS1-SS7) and as a result will only deliver in that area. Therefore in your case it's likely that the postcode became SS8 (for example) when your house is in SS7 and as a result the driver can refuse to do the delivery as he is only meant to do SS1 to SS7.

I could go on and on about that company, but there's no point in me getting worked up. All I know is if it carries on at this rate Rentokil will have had enough before long and we'll all be without a job.

Just out of interest, how often do the parcels turn up looking like a pile of shit?

Not had that problem actually. I normally get about 3 or 4 boxes which are piled in one corner of the van so they don't get banged around in the back of it.
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 01, 2011, 09:58:58 AM »

Posting (IMO) a really fun poker lookalike to get my own back on a load of piss taking ........for no one to comment ....

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: July 01, 2011, 12:30:28 PM »

Posting (IMO) a really fun poker lookalike to get my own back on a load of piss taking ........for no one to comment ....

That was because of the cheese.

Shogun112

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 01, 2011, 12:44:14 PM »

I pisses me off, when you are watching something you have recorded on Sky+, the adverts come on, you spend 3 or 4 mins watching that sh1t, only to realise afterwards, I could have x30 fast forward through it.!!!  grrr
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 01, 2011, 12:46:08 PM »

I pisses me off, when you are watching something you have recorded on Sky+, the adverts come on, you spend 3 or 4 mins watching that sh1t, only to realise afterwards, I could have x30 fast forward through it.!!!  grrr

Haha. Schoolboy. I will often wait for a programme to get to 10 mins in just so i can ff the breaks. I literally despise breaks. Apart from the new radox ones. They make me laugh. Watching a break when i didn't have to, that would hurt.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: July 01, 2011, 12:50:39 PM »

Teachers that throw a hissy fit if you have the kids out of school a day or two early, nigh on threaten to call the social - and then take 'Teacher Training Days' and strike action whenever the feel like it.

On this note, Unions and Unions bossed who seem to think this is still the 70's.

People who strike because the government are trying to cut the massive debt that the country has. They all say that something should be done about the debt but they don't want to pay for it by having anything they use cut. How do they think the government works? Where do they think the government gets it's money from?

The above obviously relates to Greece as people that stupid can't possibly be British...or teach.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 01, 2011, 12:56:27 PM »

Public sector workers who think when they pay tax it is real - it's just money I've given them out of my tax.

sola virtus nobilitat
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: July 01, 2011, 05:15:23 PM »

People who say Teachers and nurses etc. should get paid more than anyone else as "they do the most important job in the world" (Or variations of that theme)

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 01, 2011, 05:19:37 PM »

Whining public sector workers who think they should get a better deal on pensions/benefits than those of us the private sector.

Get into the real world.
Shogun112

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 01, 2011, 05:24:11 PM »

Lady workers that want equality, but want to retire 5 years earlier than blokes.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 01, 2011, 05:26:14 PM »

Lady workers that want equality, but want to retire 5 years earlier than blokes.

LOL good one  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 206 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: