blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:11:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 411477 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #945 on: April 16, 2012, 01:56:41 PM »

1. Constant warnings on the news like pls be warned the following report will contain flash photography. People who find flash photography dangerous should just assume there will be flash photography on the news, cos it's the news see, and listen to the radio or read a paper instead. Or pls be warned there are images you will find disturbing in the next report. Look can we just crack on with reading the news and stop warning all the handicap and sensitive about stuff.

2. The new slidey doors at the cigarette counter to hide the bright colours from young & innocent people. What the fuck is that about? It's like a scene from the Krypton Factor mental agility round with clueless staff sliding doors back and forth trying to remember where the Embassy No.1s are.

3. Conifers
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 01:58:38 PM by MANTIS01 » Logged

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 16, 2012, 02:16:34 PM »

People who spend all day getting on a bus because they're trying to work out what order people arrived at the stop at so everything can be all fair and proper. Just get on the bus ffs.

Blue text
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 16, 2012, 05:49:30 PM »

1. Constant warnings on the news like pls be warned the following report will contain flash photography. People who find flash photography dangerous should just assume there will be flash photography on the news, cos it's the news see, and listen to the radio or read a paper instead. Or pls be warned there are images you will find disturbing in the next report. Look can we just crack on with reading the news and stop warning all the handicap and sensitive about stuff.

and why must they always 'go to the reporter' at the scene. Do I really care which tree the cat was saved from or the house which little Johnny grew up in. Just tell me the story from the news desk and save some money.

Ah! The element of surprise
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: May 01, 2012, 11:31:44 PM »

People that call other players 'sir'. 'Nice hand sir', 'its on you sir'. Especially when from younger players. I kinda find it patronising and fake.

If they are American I'll let them off though  Smiley
Beaver808

View Profile WWW
« Reply #949 on: May 02, 2012, 10:24:39 AM »

I was queuing behind a woman at the supermarket checkout who's husband was doing the packing. She was just standing around, waiting next to the cashier. This wasn't a problem, fine, let him do the packing, that's not a problem at all. BUT after standing there doing nothing at all don't wait for the cashier to say "that'll be £34.98 please" then say "£34.98?" Cashier says "yes £34.98" and THEN start to rummage around in your bag to find your purse!!!!!! You've just stood there doing nothing and now you start emptying the contents of your cheap fake handbag looking for your purse! Why oh why couldn't you have looked whilst you were doing nothing?? - I have not managed to convey just how tilting this was in text, but rest assured it was incredibly annoying at the time!

Behavioral therapy guy - England Golf Squad Manager - Micro-stakes grinder

www.radtherapy.co.uk - www.peakstategolf.co.uk
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #950 on: May 02, 2012, 10:29:15 AM »

People that call other players 'sir'. 'Nice hand sir', 'its on you sir'. Especially when from younger players. I kinda find it patronising and fake.

People making an effort to be polite? I quite like it TBH.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #951 on: May 02, 2012, 10:34:13 AM »

It could be respect, Lee? I use those phrases frequently, & if I do, it is deffo not patronising or fake.

Dissed for being polite & respectful, on Monday I was gently ribbed for being honest. The world has truly turned upside down.

What if I referred to you as Sergeant Ellis? You once told me you were flattered by that!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 10:42:05 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: May 02, 2012, 10:34:49 AM »

Nah I'm with Lee on this, the 'sir' bit just sounds wrong, its makes me cringe, can still be polite without the sir bit. Just another example of American language creeping into ours which I hate.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #953 on: May 02, 2012, 10:41:42 AM »

Nah I'm with Lee on this, the 'sir' bit just sounds wrong, its makes me cringe, can still be polite without the sir bit. Just another example of American language creeping into ours which I hate.

I think 'Nah' is an Americanism.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #954 on: May 02, 2012, 10:44:17 AM »

Don't know, it might be,  still not as cringeworthy as sir in the wrong scenario.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #955 on: May 02, 2012, 10:58:25 AM »

I really don't get it. How can there be a wrong scenario for being civil?

Lol. I seem so out of step with everyone. It's a wonder I have any friends at all.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: May 02, 2012, 11:00:09 AM »

Don't know, it might be,  still not as cringeworthy as sir in the wrong scenario.

Official Yank reply - "Nah" and "Sir" are used regularly in America.  Usage generally based on which side of the tracks you're located.  I use both...just need to mind the trains.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #957 on: May 02, 2012, 11:07:33 AM »

Just like English people never say "mate" to anyone who is actually their mate, poker players never actually mean "nice hand" when they say "nice hand"- they mean you f**king donkey/luckbox/fish etc. I try and avoid both.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #958 on: May 02, 2012, 11:14:27 AM »

Just like English people never say "mate" to anyone who is actually their mate, poker players never actually mean "nice hand" when they say "nice hand"- they mean you f**king donkey/luckbox/fish etc. I try and avoid both.

Ha, I think sometimes they do, but its dead funny when you know they are being sarcastic about it  Cheesy
Beaver808

View Profile WWW
« Reply #959 on: May 02, 2012, 01:16:29 PM »

But what if you are playing against the likes of Cliff Richard, Alan Sugar or Chris Hoy?

Behavioral therapy guy - England Golf Squad Manager - Micro-stakes grinder

www.radtherapy.co.uk - www.peakstategolf.co.uk
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 ... 206 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: