blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:33:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 411488 times)
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: June 23, 2012, 11:00:48 PM »

Cycle club cyclists who ride down busy roads two abreast without the thought of other road users. I'd love to run the fkers over.

If they ride two abreast you have to treat them like a slow vehicle, but you can pass them when there's nothing coming the other way.

If they ride single file, you can pass them even if there is something coming the other way, but you have to squeeze past. Not pleasant. (You should know, you're a cyclist).

When I go out, if I ride near the curb drivers always try to squeeze past even if there is a bollard in the road making it too narrow.

God forbid they should have to slow down for 3 seconds.   

Consciousness cyclists are not a problem but when they are two abreast on a windy road which is a mile long and you have to venture on the other side of the road to pass them then that is just plain ignorance, its selfish and most of all dangerous to everyone. If they were in single file there would be plenty of room for everybody.

Ah! The element of surprise
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1171 on: June 24, 2012, 12:12:16 AM »

When overtaking a cyclist you have to be far enough away from them so they can fall off without being run over, so you need to on the other side of the road anyway

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: June 24, 2012, 12:34:26 AM »

When overtaking a cyclist you have to be far enough away from them so they can fall off without being run over, so you need to on the other side of the road anyway

Yes that's true, so with 2 cyclists you have to venture even further over the other side of the road. DUCY?

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1173 on: June 24, 2012, 12:54:57 PM »

Yes that's true, so with 2 cyclists you have to venture even further over the other side of the road. DUCY?

If you're going on to the other side, does it matter how far over you go?

The older I get, the better I was.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: June 24, 2012, 02:13:08 PM »

On a straight road no on a not straight road yes. Especially on a national speed limit road.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1175 on: June 24, 2012, 02:30:10 PM »

On a straight road no on a not straight road yes. Especially on a national speed limit road.

You want to overtake a bike on a bend?

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: June 24, 2012, 02:35:34 PM »

No, I want to overtake two inconsiderate cyclists as safely as possible.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1177 on: June 24, 2012, 02:53:58 PM »

Then wait a few seconds until you can move all the way over, just as you should for a single, considerate cyclist.  Wink

leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: June 24, 2012, 02:59:11 PM »

Hangovers

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: June 24, 2012, 03:09:17 PM »

Then wait a few seconds until you can move all the way over, just as you should for a single, considerate cyclist.  Wink

A few seconds fine - but crawling along behind a bunch of guys in lycra who are pretending you're not there while they hog the main road despite there being plenty of beautiful back roads is very frustrating. Especially as you can pass a single cyclist safely in places where you can't pass a car doing 40-50mph.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1180 on: June 24, 2012, 03:23:37 PM »

A few seconds fine - but crawling along behind a bunch of guys in lycra who are pretending you're not there while they hog the main road despite there being plenty of beautiful back roads is very frustrating. Especially as you can pass a single cyclist safely in places where you can't pass a car doing 40-50mph.

What about the people who drive on back roads, won't they complain?

What if the beautiful back road doesn't lead to where the cyclist needs to go?

We seem to have gone from two blokes riding side by side to a car doing 40-50

When you start taking what cyclists wear into consideration, you're losing the argument.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: June 24, 2012, 03:32:59 PM »

There are a lot of considerate cyclists on the road, its the inconsiderate fkers that piss me off. The road is for everyone use. I would not intentionally make riding on the road unsafe for cyclists and I would appreciate the same back.

Now if it was a sexy female cyclist holding me up then I would be prepared to wait all day admiring the view.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1182 on: June 24, 2012, 03:56:04 PM »

There are a lot of considerate cyclists on the road, its the inconsiderate fkers that piss me off. The road is for everyone use. I would not intentionally make riding on the road unsafe for cyclists and I would appreciate the same back.

Now if it was a sexy female cyclist holding me up then I would be prepared to wait all day admiring the view.

If you're a cyclist and you ride close to the curb, you have absolutely nowhere to go when a car or a lorry squeezes past.

When your sitting in a lorry or a car, a foot seems like a nice margin for error, but it's really not.

Try this experiment. Get one of your kids or your Mrs to go for a bike ride with you. Let them go in front. I guarantee you will ride well wide to prevent the traffic from passing too close to them, and your heart will be in your mouth most of the time.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: June 25, 2012, 12:50:52 AM »

If you're a cyclist and you ride close to the curb, you have absolutely nowhere to go when a car or a lorry squeezes past.

When your sitting in a lorry or a car, a foot seems like a nice margin for error, but it's really not.

Try this experiment. Get one of your kids or your Mrs to go for a bike ride with you. Let them go in front. I guarantee you will ride well wide to prevent the traffic from passing too close to them, and your heart will be in your mouth most of the time.

I would %100 protect my family buy not putting them in that position in the first place.
Tom I understand what you're trying to say and yes cyclists do deserve more room to be safe and as I said previously I always try to give cyclists space when I overtake them.
The situation that pissed me off the other day was not about 2 cyclists trying to protect each other it was about to ignorant fckers who insisted to block the whole lane by riding  side by side on a windy road which has a national speed limit. There were 6 cars queuing behind them waiting patiently to pass while these 2 muppets were ambling along at less than 10 MPH.  They deseved to get knocked off their bikes.

Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: June 25, 2012, 02:23:24 AM »

penalties

Carpe Diem
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 ... 206 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: