blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:30:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 411486 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: August 19, 2012, 03:23:44 AM »

Start of the football season  Angry 
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: August 19, 2012, 07:03:25 PM »

Where do I start.

What a shit day Saturday was, nothing life threatening or serious but when things go wrong they go wrong...

Started of by helping the wife out by emptying the dishwasher and promptly broke one of her 'special mugs', soon followed by dropping my TAG watch and busting the steel strap.
At about midday I drove my car through a ford, the same ford which I had many times driven through before and managed to get water ingress' meaning the car wouldn't go.
I called BMW assist and a kind lady gave me the number to the breakdown people. After 50 min hanging on the call only to be told you're not covered with RAC. Bollocks!

Managed to get hold of the dealer and they gave me a new number to call..... Barclays Bank premium customers account phone number. WTF!!!

Back on the phone to the dealer and finally the correct number was supplied. I was back home 2 hours later and the car was in the dealership.

On to DTD, get knocked out around midnight after a pretty slow game with my best starting hand being 77. On the way back travelling on the M42 i hit a house brick at 70+ mph. Thought I was a gonner as I tried to avoid it at the last second.

Anyway I did survive the day but f**k me did it piss me off.

Edit: Forgot to mention when I bought into the £150 my card was declined because the bank didn't recognise the same transaction of completed plenty of times before. On Saturday morning the bank called me and an automated system told me that it thought some transactions were suspect and would I confirm they were mine. I confirmed them all as mine and guess what, they cancelled the card and a new one will be with me soon.

The funny thing is is when it got declined on DTD online I just used another bank card with the same bank and it went through first time.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 08:54:10 PM by bobAlike » Logged

Ah! The element of surprise
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: August 19, 2012, 09:02:52 PM »

Lol bit risky using another card with same bank. That's a bit like people who put money in vending machines and the machine just swallows it ........ Then they try it again Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1308 on: August 21, 2012, 05:24:43 AM »

Woodsey's avatar.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1309 on: August 21, 2012, 05:24:59 AM »

Insomnia.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: August 21, 2012, 11:24:27 AM »

Where do I start.

What a shit day Saturday was, nothing life threatening or serious but when things go wrong they go wrong...

Started of by helping the wife out by emptying the dishwasher and promptly broke one of her 'special mugs', soon followed by dropping my TAG watch and busting the steel strap.
At about midday I drove my car through a ford, the same ford which I had many times driven through before and managed to get water ingress' meaning the car wouldn't go.
I called BMW assist and a kind lady gave me the number to the breakdown people. After 50 min hanging on the call only to be told you're not covered with RAC. Bollocks!

Managed to get hold of the dealer and they gave me a new number to call..... Barclays Bank premium customers account phone number. WTF!!!

Back on the phone to the dealer and finally the correct number was supplied. I was back home 2 hours later and the car was in the dealership.

On to DTD, get knocked out around midnight after a pretty slow game with my best starting hand being 77. On the way back travelling on the M42 i hit a house brick at 70+ mph. Thought I was a gonner as I tried to avoid it at the last second.

Edit: Forgot to mention when I bought into the £150 my card was declined because the bank didn't recognise the same transaction of completed plenty of times before. On Saturday morning the bank called me and an automated system told me that it thought some transactions were suspect and would I confirm they were mine. I confirmed them all as mine and guess what, they cancelled the card and a new one will be with me soon.

The funny thing is is when it got declined on DTD online I just used another bank card with the same bank and it went through first time.

Just been told the engine is screwed. 10k for a new engine plus fitting and maybe turbos and other stuff. Oops

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1311 on: August 21, 2012, 11:32:36 AM »

Where do I start.

Just been told the engine is screwed. 10k for a new engine plus fitting and maybe turbos and other stuff. Oops

I can't understand how this would ruin an engine unless the water got into the oil and then it ran for long enough to damage the bores or the crank, and I can't see that happening without it making a Hell of a racket.

I would imagine the water just caused an electrical fault.

I would ask for a full explanation or get a second opinion.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: August 21, 2012, 11:43:23 AM »

Where do I start.

I can't understand how this would ruin an engine unless the water got into the oil and then it ran for long enough to damage the bores or the crank, and I can't see that happening without it making a Hell of a racket.

Apprently water is sucked in through the inlet which is low on my car. The water had got into the cylinder heads and as water doesn't compress very well it damaged the head, the con rods and the block. All the parts could be replaced but as a safety measure they want to replace the whole engine. BMW insurance are the nuts. After one call they've organised all for me incuding replacement car.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1313 on: August 21, 2012, 11:50:00 AM »

Where do I start.

Apprently water is sucked in through the inlet which is low on my car. The water had got into the cylinder heads and as water doesn't compress very well it damaged the head, the con rods and the block. All the parts could be replaced but as a safety measure they want to replace the whole engine. BMW insurance are the nuts. After one call they've organised all for me incuding replacement car.

Ah! That makes sense.

WP BMW.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: August 21, 2012, 11:50:47 PM »

Went for a walk by the beach on Sunday and was pretty shocked to see people with their dogs loose off leads, despite there being thousands of people in fairly high concentration with a high proportion of children. Don't know if that is against the law, but it should be if it isn't.
maccol

View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: August 22, 2012, 01:17:00 AM »

Went for a walk by the beach on Sunday and was pretty shocked to see people with their dogs loose off leads, despite there being thousands of people in fairly high concentration with a high proportion of children. Don't know if that is against the law, but it should be if it isn't.
Why?

Embracing the variance.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: August 22, 2012, 01:42:34 AM »

Why?

Seems like a leading question, cos I think you know what I am going to say. Dogs can cause a variety of problems but the worst one is that they often bite people, sometimes injuring them very seriously.
maccol

View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: August 22, 2012, 02:22:27 AM »

Why?

Seems like a leading question, cos I think you know what I am going to say. Dogs can cause a variety of problems but the worst one is that they often bite people, sometimes injuring them very seriously.
I take it you are not a "dog person" if you are "shocked" by the sight of dogs off their leads.
As a responsible dog owner,I have taken dogs (and children) to the beach for many ,many years without incident and to the enjoyment of all concerned.

Edit- Wrote out a long reply in defense of dogs but I think I may be trying to preach to the nonconvertible.
Bedtime.Take care.

Embracing the variance.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: August 22, 2012, 06:38:02 AM »

Dogs.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: August 22, 2012, 08:44:19 AM »

No he's right: dogs OFTEN bite people. You know, often. A high proportion of the time, when let off a lead, a dog will bite someone.

I mean there is a report every few weeks of a dog biting someone and there are only 10.5million dogs in the UK. And not all of the incidents are reported, so if someone is bitten by a dog every day, that's 365 incidents.

Roll Eyes

Genuinely one of the most absurd statements I've read on this forum.

Children are more dangerous. After all, humans cause more damage. Just look at the news: pretty much all humans causing trouble, killing other humans, injuring other humans, some of them doing it supervised and authorized by other humans.

Bonkers

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 ... 206 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: