blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:09:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Live Hand
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live Hand  (Read 2188 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 07:23:52 PM »

timing tell on all 3 streets?

called both streets pretty quickly.

My sizing on the turn was designed entriely to fold out  and some queens. once he's called the turn I was going to chk fold non spade rivers as his hand prolly is strong enough to bluff catch and he has decent made hands in his range as well (KQ etc) I think I have enough immeadiate equity vs a range dominated by decent K's to bet this turn for value anyways.

I think the river is misplayed, I think he raises As a %on the flop and and KQ/KJ etc are prolly not folding to a decent-ish river bet, my thoguht process was to bet small and let him turn K9/AJ with a spade etc into a bluff but I don't really like it on reflection

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 07:42:26 PM »

Yeah mate, but some people including very good players would not fold this turn even if u potted it. Could be Vegas stuck or anything, really think its foolish to say that a good player  would not peel this turn with a GSSFD or GSRFD.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 07:55:53 PM »

Dave, all the younger lads laugh at people betting to find out were they are. Is sizing your turn bet to fold out xx not the same thing in a roundabout way. Not a level just curious to know if it's different

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2011, 08:32:51 PM »

in this hand im MP after 2 limps, not advocating a fold surely?

If I was straddling the button I would be raising limpers fairly wide - if you aren't going to do this what is the point in straddling?  If the btn isnt doing this obv limping ok.

I've only played with a btn straddle once, so have no idea really what ppl do in practice.

I'm not on the btn, I'm in MP after 2 people have limped with  ....

im saying that i wouldnt overlimp in your middle posiotion with your if i thought the button was going to raise and if i was that button i would be raising a lot.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2011, 08:52:06 PM »

Dave, all the younger lads laugh at people betting to find out were they are. Is sizing your turn bet to fold out xx not the same thing in a roundabout way. Not a level just curious to know if it's different

Well, I spose it's a similar strategy, but the thinking behind it is very different imo, the concept of "finding out where you are" as I have seen it time after time would be raising your A7 on AT8 just to "see if the other guy has an ACE" - the reasons this is a terrible strategy are a) when you ARE behind, you're putting not far off the same money in as you would be calling 2 streets and folding (so you dont get a chance to spike 2pair or show the hand down losing a ton of equity) b) people can jam stuff like J9/Q9 etc if they think ur raise folding a badish Ace (obvs burning equity) and 3) you're stopping someone from barreling his chips off when he DOESN'T have the hand by over-repping ur hand.

The idea of betting the turn in my hand was because I gave his range a reasonable amount of weight to hands like   ,   ,     all of which have good equity vs my actual hand, but should be under it vs my range hence why I expected him to fold those hands, I also have 3 nut outs and some equity that I'm thinking will be exclusive a decent % of the time when called so I'm effectivley semi-bluffing. If I thought he wasn't going to fold mid-ish Qx's or any flush draw then I would have chk/folded the turn. So i'm pretty clear on where I am in the hand, I am taking a line which maximises my equity vs the range of hands I have assigned him, If my range's are wrong/misjudged then the chances are I will make a small mistake on a later street.

It's the river where I think my hand gets interesting....
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 08:54:55 PM by SuuPRlim » Logged

muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2011, 10:39:29 PM »

Dave, all the younger lads laugh at people betting to find out were they are.

Well that's because it's funny
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2011, 02:14:33 AM »

Dave, all the younger lads laugh at people betting to find out were they are.

Well that's because it's funny

this as well lol

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2011, 02:58:10 PM »

ta. this would be the same guys folding KK face up when you cbet the Ace hi flop?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2011, 06:21:30 PM »

ta. this would be the same guys folding KK face up when you cbet the Ace hi flop?

might be a good fold Wink

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: