blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 09:29:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272949 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Laxie Goes Primetime
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie Goes Primetime  (Read 146024 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 22, 2011, 11:03:49 AM »

With apologies in advance to Cat Lady, I will mostly spend this day blasting music.  Might even get some things done around the house while I'm at it.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 29, 2011, 10:37:01 AM »

A week later and not once has the Cat Lady called to the door.  I know she's alive because I heard her one day, but she's not been the most active sort this week.  Having met her briefly, I doubt she's a fan of the music I've had on.  Hope she's ok. 

In Ireland, everyone knows their neighbours well.  In a situation like this, I'd have called over already to check in on her.  But apparently that's not how ye do things in England.  I'm actually playing the music a bit lower than I normally would in case she's not feeling well.  Best I can do for her under English rule.  Will eat a double dose of chicken noodle soup in her honour too as I'm at it.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 29, 2011, 10:48:38 AM »

Been on a bit of a Talking Heads frenzy with the past day or two.  Also stumbled on to this 'gem'...

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 29, 2011, 10:52:52 AM »

Jesus, that's bad.  I need to get some Metallica on double time!

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 29, 2011, 11:03:04 AM »

Admittedly loads more better tracks to choose from, but I was under pressure.  Will improve a bit later.  For now though...

I'm off to Ireland next week.  Sarah got the appointment for her mouth operation and asked me to be there.  They also got an offer to spend a week or 10 days in Brooklyn, New York during the same time.  It was a coin flip until a couple of days ago waiting to find out what the plan was.  In the end, their father put the foot down and said they were staying home.  Not like they're deprived.  Spent 2 weeks in Spain last month ffs.  lol  Anyway, Brooklyn not happening and I'm on me way.

The op isn't a big bad serious one by any means, but Sarah's never had one of any sort before.  Not sure if she wants me there because she's worried or because she's testing my promise to always be there when asked.  Doesn't matter why.  I made a deal and I'm sticking to it.  Plus it'll be great to see them again. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 29, 2011, 11:26:49 AM »

All going excellent on this side of the sea.  Jack and I somehow managed to click from the start and it's been just lovely.  Sure we have the odd hiccup now and then, mostly down to me a goodly bit of the time.  I've a bad habit of keeping the mouth shut when things get to me and holding things in as long as possible.  When I can't take it any more, god help the person on the receiving end if I do decide to speak up.  Pretty sure he's spotted a 'tell' when I'm in that mode because he seems to snap me out of it in no time.  It's an old habit by me, but at the rate he's going he'll have it broke in no time.  Just as well.  Once I do let him in on the secrets of what's been bothering me, it doesn't seem half as bad any more. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 29, 2011, 11:31:55 AM »

19 days ago I'd have contributed to this, but not any more...

Pretty disgusting when ya look at 'em like that.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 29, 2011, 11:36:54 AM »

Will be interesting when I go back to Ireland for the few days.  It's been easy here because nobody around me smokes.  Over there I'll be one of the very few non-smokers.  Glad I've the few weeks put down before heading over.  Would have been difficult early days, but don't expect it to be a problem now.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 29, 2011, 11:53:42 AM »

Why do you write like you just stepped off the set of a black and white film set in Irelandshire

sola virtus nobilitat
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 29, 2011, 12:01:54 PM »

Was just thinking about it and it's not entirely fair to blame all the hiccups on meself.  Here's a brief list of the things that have nearly cost Jack an earful...

Paint brush cleaning and storage.  The guy hasn't bothered decorating in MANY years, yet he knows best method for dealing with used paint brushes.  Orly?!

When you've got someone who's willing to tuck in and get the stuff done that you've avoided for all those years, prolly best NOT to send them a 'How To' guide for tackling the task.  OMG, I thought I'd kill him for a split second that day.  Was a good job the guide was sent via email while he was at work.  Sure did study and save it ffs.

Fillers.  Initially I was like WTF?  Surely the paint fills the holes.  But after discovering just how many and how unsuitable the paint was for filling them, I've been proper mixing and filling to beat the band.  On some walls it would have made more sense to just plaster the fecking things.  But motor on she has.  Although, I'm pretty serious about taking up a trade in plastering.  Reckon I'd be damn good at it.

Anyway...I've filled a goodly lot and done a goodly bit.  Still working on the landing this week when Jack arrives home from work and calls up to me.  I'm up to me eyeballs in filler and paint upstairs when he says he's spotted a hole in the hall downstairs which is near the ceiling and wonders why I've left it there.  "Yer over 6 feet tall and have easily spotted something which you can fix.  You then ask the midget to explain why she's missed it?"  With a gritted smile, "Do you have a death wish or something?"

No need to send out a search party for him though.  Luckily he knows how to make me laugh right about the time I'm ready to strangle him.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 12:05:15 PM by Laxie » Logged

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 29, 2011, 12:03:27 PM »

Why do you write like you just stepped off the set of a black and white film set in Irelandshire

Speak a bit like it too...but with a funky accent.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 29, 2011, 12:14:12 PM »

So that's the latest in Leicester.  Rumour has it this week-end will include cinema, meal out, pub and garden centre shopping.  Sounds perfect to me.  Hope you lot have a good week-end too.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: July 29, 2011, 12:34:39 PM »

A week later and not once has the Cat Lady called to the door.  I know she's alive because I heard her one day, but she's not been the most active sort this week.  Having met her briefly, I doubt she's a fan of the music I've had on.  Hope she's ok.  

In Ireland, everyone knows their neighbours well.  In a situation like this, I'd have called over already to check in on her.  But apparently that's not how ye do things in England.  I'm actually playing the music a bit lower than I normally would in case she's not feeling well.  Best I can do for her under English rule.  Will eat a double dose of chicken noodle soup in her honour too as I'm at it.

Nonsense, all about your neighbourhood IMO. If you feel like swinging by cat lady to check up on her I'm sure she won't mind and might even appreciate it. She might think you're nuts but, let's be honest, she's bound to come to that conclusion sooner or later Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: July 29, 2011, 12:39:03 PM »

Was just thinking about it and it's not entirely fair to blame all the hiccups on meself.  Here's a brief list of the things that have nearly cost Jack an earful...

Paint brush cleaning and storage.  The guy hasn't bothered decorating in MANY years, yet he knows best method for dealing with used paint brushes.  Orly?!

When you've got someone who's willing to tuck in and get the stuff done that you've avoided for all those years, prolly best NOT to send them a 'How To' guide for tackling the task.

Yeah but just because you haven't done it in ages (because you're lazy) doesn't mean you don't know how to.

Don't worry, he'll learn to just do things your way though... all men learn sooner or later...it's called "being in a happy relationship" Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 29, 2011, 01:43:41 PM »

Got sidetracked with REM now...sigh.  Will get to the metal eventually.  There's less risk of mess when painting with the likes of this though...

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: