blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 03:38:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272938 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Laxie Goes Primetime
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie Goes Primetime  (Read 145980 times)
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: August 14, 2011, 04:29:01 PM »

Plenty of useless opinions on this thread.

Absolutely f**k all to do with anybody how Dawn and her family work.

Nobody has a clue as to how they are as a family unit so butt the f**k out.

Just my own useless opinion.

Disagree.

I think if someone is going to post a diary and talk about their personal life to all and sundry that they open themselves up for both praise and criticism.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 14, 2011, 04:29:13 PM »

What a massive FAIL of a post.

These diaries are all about feedback and interactivity. Some ppl say stuff on mine that I don't always like but a diary on blonde is for interaction from readers and people voicing their opinions.

If there's something I don't want/expect feedback on, I wouldn't write about it. I would hope that's the same case with this diary.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 14, 2011, 04:36:50 PM »

I agree with Cos & Brent, there is some tricky stuff I leave off my diary, because it might bore people, or maybe think I was looking for something I'm not, or whatever reason, but all the stuff I put on there, then I sort of accept that people are gonna comment on it, good or bad.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
mouth

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 14, 2011, 04:49:10 PM »

I agree with Cos & Brent, there is some tricky stuff I leave off my diary, because it might bore people, or maybe think I was looking for something I'm not, or whatever reason, but all the stuff I put on there, then I sort of accept that people are gonna comment on it, good or bad.

This, and two posts above it. It's like reality Tv "celebs" whinging about gettin papped, altho on a slightly smaller level lol.

Diary posts on a forum are open to interaction. That's what forums are for right?

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 14, 2011, 04:50:56 PM »

These diaries are all about feedback and interactivity. Some ppl say stuff on mine that I don't always like but a diary on blonde is for interaction from readers and people voicing their opinions.

If there's something I don't want/expect feedback on, I wouldn't write about it. I would hope that's the same case with this diary.

Don't get me wrong there's plenty of worthwhile opinions as well and one's which are worth reading. Michelle's and Claire's spring to mind.

It's the ones from people who really couldn't care less about Dawn and her family's welfare and just see an opportunity to have a dig that I was referring to.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 14, 2011, 04:54:36 PM »

Don't get me wrong there's plenty of worthwhile opinions as well and one's which are worth reading. Michelle's and Claire's spring to mind.

It's the ones from people who really couldn't care less about Dawn and her family's welfare and just see an opportunity to have a dig that I was referring to.

you should be more clear

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: August 14, 2011, 04:55:42 PM »

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 14, 2011, 05:00:24 PM »

Ayup Trigg Cheesy

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 14, 2011, 05:01:45 PM »

you should be more clear

Yes I should've been. Sorry for that.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 14, 2011, 06:31:34 PM »

Blimey, you lot have been busy today.  Not long in the door and tucking into my dinner first.  Then I'll be back to have a proper read and see what needs replying to. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 14, 2011, 06:39:11 PM »

This was the first time Tim was even present for anything like this, so it caught everyone for a hop that he was even involved. 

Why would you leave your kids with their dad when it sounds like, from the line above that he doesn't do a great job of being a dad.

with a few kids its standard to have one parent look after others and one always go to docs, hospital etc.. In my case my Dad always did it as  mum hated it seeing ill people lol. I would expect he just took the decision to be the "one" since he close and its convenient for all. 

Depends on the dynamics of how things used to happen and what aggreement that have now.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 14, 2011, 06:54:46 PM »

Up to that point I'd swore I'd never go back again.  But those few hours restored my faith and I'll be back.  Just not for the re-scheduled op.

Turny, not sure it's entirely a mob mentality. Not much controversial in this thread, its generally about love, painting, gardens , baking etc.

So, when a series of posts touch on intensely personal family stuff then it's bound to polarise opinion and generate more posts, some of which might have a negative slant.

FWIW, I think this series of posts showed an incred lack of self awareness - when you post things like the line quoted above and the diary veers away from apple pie, then it's bound to generate comment I think - most of us think along the lines of us needing to restore our kids faith in us rather than the other way round.

sola virtus nobilitat
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 14, 2011, 07:23:04 PM »

Ok then.  Dinner done and off we go.  I'm not going to go mental here and take everything personal like some people might want me to because I've no regrets in my posts or my parenting to be honest.  Not always going to get it right, but then no parent does.  It's facts of life and no point getting worked up over things. 

Many valid posts by ye and a bit of rubbish too so not sure how to break it all down. 

Will say this though as it's been pointed out to me in the last 20 minutes by someone who knows me well (and it wasn't Jack)...

Some of what I've posted has been taken totally the wrong way.  It's been said many times before on many a thread around blonde - the written word doesn't always come across the way it was meant.  Anyone who truly knows me, knows exactly what I meant.  The rest will read what they like in it and it won't always be good. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 14, 2011, 08:13:14 PM »

I'm glad you posted Michelle.  Honestly.  Helps me to see it from the outside looking in.  And as this is all new to me, it's a big help when someone says, "Hold on a minute, you're slipping here."  So thank you for that.

Families break up and parents meet other people - it's a fact of life.  There's never going to be a perfect way of dealing with the situation but it is imperative, imho, that ensuring as little disruption and upset to the kids is the number one priority - that takes a lot of time, care and consideration.   Can you honestly say that's what you've done?  I would suggest that the fact that Sinead hasn't spoken to you for a couple of months, that Sarah was in tears for an hour worrying about how you'd react to having made a 'wasted' trip indicate otherwise - these are all facts you have posted openly, and then, almost in the same breathe, have said that you don't feel any guilt. If I ever found myself in this situation I'd be absolutely wracked with it.  I kind of hope that comment was bravado rather than the whole truth.

I never will be able to get my head round why you had to rush off to move to England so quickly after hooking up with Jack rather than making sure things were handled properly and the right foundations laid all round.  That's all done now. But Dawn, please, think about what Michelle has said, take a step back and re-read the recent posts you've made as if someone else had written them:  I was actually open mouthed at a lot of it.  Don't let stubbornness or 'proving everyone wrong' get in the way of doing the right thing by your kids.

To be honest, I was quite surprised to see your post Claire.  Mainly because we spent two years chatting about things behind the scenes and you'd a fair idea of the situation in Ireland during that time.  But to clear it up for everyone else reading this...

We were in an impossible situation well before Jack and I ever became an item.  The marriage had fallen apart two years earlier and we were sleeping in separate spaces.  Yes I can honestly say I took my kid's into account when I moved.  If I'd stayed put, the atmosphere would have gone from bad to worse and been abso venom.  Many of you have seen it first hand in the past year - I can handle venom.  But that wasn't fair on the kids to be exposed to it day in and day out.  They always knew I was going due to the breakdown, they just weren't sure when.  Moving meant they didn't have to wonder any more.

Sinéad.  Love her to death obv...but she's a moody teenager fer feck sake!!!  That's why she's been giving me a hard time.  I always knew she'd handle it that way, no matter when or how it came to pass...that's Sinéad.  She hoped I'd turn a blind eye to the latest scandal in the house like I'd done the others in the past.  Many of you know the finer details of said scandal and ye know as well as I do - that was never going to happen.  She just didn't like the idea of locals talking about the split.

'Wasted trip' - well, I speak to them regularly in Ireland via phone and Skype.  I'd spent the few weeks prior telling them to get her cold sorted or she'd not be seen for the operation.  They shrugged it off.  Also spent those same few weeks being told there might not be an op anyway because they were kicking around heading to Brooklyn for a wee holiday instead.  Spent those few weeks saying "Pleeeease would ye decide so I I know if I need to book flights or not."  It was a roller coaster just trying to find out if I was meant to go over.  So yes, it was frustrating to get there and find out we weren't going to sort what I was there to help sort.  As she's the one I spoke to most of the time in the lead up to the trip, she was well aware of the reasonable frustration I'd probably feel and that's why she was crying.  Once I was left in to see her, the tears were insta stopped because I was able to reassure her.  Prior to that, I wasn't told she was upset.

Sarah's in a tough spot.  It's been hard on her playing the one in the middle.  She'd taken it upon herself to pass messages back and forth between Tim and I.  I spoke to Tim about it and we agreed that has to stop.  It's not fair on her and it's since stopped.

I've never done the whole separation/divorce thing before and neither has Tim.  We'd been together since '89 so it's going to be difficult to sort things properly.  We're not perfect, but I'd like to think we'll do our best for the sake of the kids.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 14, 2011, 08:21:30 PM »

This was the first time Tim was even present for anything like this, so it caught everyone for a hop that he was even involved. 

Why would you leave your kids with their dad when it sounds like, from the line above that he doesn't do a great job of being a dad.

I'm sorry, but while he may have been a pretty rubbish husband to me, I'll not have it said he's a rubbish dad.  Far from true and won't stand by while anyone says something like that about him.  He worked his arse off all the years to provide for the family affording me the chance to stay home and raise the kids.  He cares about our kids as much as I do.  And when he has time, he has a great time with them and they with him.

Acidmouse hit it bang on.  Tim worked.  I did the medical, taxi, meetings and anything else that needed doing for house or kids.  That's how we'd always worked it, so yes - it was a shock to me when I was left sitting in the hall.  i get why and that's fair enough...but I'm not going ot pretend it didn't catch me off.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: