blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 08:08:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Laxie Goes Primetime
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie Goes Primetime  (Read 145301 times)
LaxieJr

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: August 19, 2011, 12:14:07 PM »

I liked this forum better when we didn't allow teenagers on it.

FYP! Smiley
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #421 on: August 19, 2011, 12:49:01 PM »

FYP! Smiley

lol, make no mistake kiddo. 14 or not 14, you're still just a toddler really.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 19, 2011, 07:28:13 PM »

FYP! Smiley

Young with hair or old and bald?  Pretty sure she's winning there. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 19, 2011, 07:44:21 PM »

Did a bit of rooting and tearing in the back yard.  Then Jack landed home with the idea of hiring a rototiller.  Yay!!!  Means less tearing on our backs so I'm well happy with that idea.  Just have to hunt one down now...no pressure.  He gave my a new present too because he's very good that way.  This week's surprise was a spray thingy to paint the fences with.  Miles faster than using a brush apparently.  Such a lucky girl. 

Meanwhile, we've booked Sarah's flights.  She's spending a week with us - including Halloween!!!      She can help me hand out sweets to the kids calling on the night.  Jack's never done Halloween before and [ ] he's really looking forward to it.  Wait til we get going decorating the house for it.  Just hope it doesn't put him over the edge. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
LaxieJr

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 20, 2011, 01:21:59 AM »

Did a bit of rooting and tearing in the back yard.  Then Jack landed home with the idea of hiring a rototiller.  Yay!!!  Means less tearing on our backs so I'm well happy with that idea.  Just have to hunt one down now...no pressure.  He gave my a new present too because he's very good that way.  This week's surprise was a spray thingy to paint the fences with.  Miles faster than using a brush apparently.  Such a lucky girl. 

Meanwhile, we've booked Sarah's flights.  She's spending a week with us - including Halloween!!!      She can help me hand out sweets to the kids calling on the night.  Jack's never done Halloween before and [ ] he's really looking forward to it.  Wait til we get going decorating the house for it.  Just hope it doesn't put him over the edge. 

Make sure you have the ingredients for popcorn balls lol Smiley
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #425 on: August 20, 2011, 09:04:54 AM »

FYP! Smiley

Young with hair or old and bald?  Pretty sure she's winning there. 

ldo

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 20, 2011, 12:18:51 PM »

They were a bit of a disaster last year.  Need to re-think their make up so they'll actually be edible.  lol

Alton Towers tickets booked now too.  We're going for the fireworks show so that'll kinda make up for missing 'em in America this summer.

Went about painting the fences this morning with me new spray gun thingy, only I couldn't open the jug of paint!  Grrrrrrr  Anyway, did a bit more digging around the garden for the morning and now doing a whole lot of not much.  Have to wait until Jack gets home from his training walk to open the paint for me.  Just hope the lazy bug doesn't hit before he gets here.  Was proper psyched up for the job at 9am, but can't promise it'll be the same by 2pm.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 20, 2011, 04:40:21 PM »

They were a bit of a disaster last year.  Need to re-think their make up so they'll actually be edible.  lol

Alton Towers tickets booked now too.  We're going for the fireworks show so that'll kinda make up for missing 'em in America this summer.

Went about painting the fences this morning with me new spray gun thingy, only I couldn't open the jug of paint!  Grrrrrrr  Anyway, did a bit more digging around the garden for the morning and now doing a whole lot of not much.  Have to wait until Jack gets home from his training walk to open the paint for me.  Just hope the lazy bug doesn't hit before he gets here.  Was proper psyched up for the job at 9am, but can't promise it'll be the same by 2pm.

I think you're gonna get a shock when it comes to Halloween. I remember you saying that you were surprised at how the Irish celebrated...well in England people give less of a shit. If anything, they try not to celebrate it because gangs of youths have ruined it over the last few years to the point that shops don't sell eggs/flour etc on the day itself.
Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 20, 2011, 06:58:15 PM »

Did a bit of rooting and tearing in the back yard.  Then Jack landed home with the idea of hiring a rototiller.  Yay!!!  Means less tearing on our backs so I'm well happy with that idea.  Just have to hunt one down now...no pressure.  He gave my a new present too because he's very good that way.  This week's surprise was a spray thingy to paint the fences with.  Miles faster than using a brush apparently.  Such a lucky girl.  

Meanwhile, we've booked Sarah's flights.  She's spending a week with us - including Halloween!!!    She can help me hand out sweets to the kids calling on the night.  Jack's never done Halloween before and [ ] he's really looking forward to it.  Wait til we get going decorating the house for it.  Just hope it doesn't put him over the edge.  

They were a bit of a disaster last year.  Need to re-think their make up so they'll actually be edible.  lol

Alton Towers tickets booked now too.  We're going for the fireworks show so that'll kinda make up for missing 'em in America this summer.

Went about painting the fences this morning with me new spray gun thingy, only I couldn't open the jug of paint!  Grrrrrrr  Anyway, did a bit more digging around the garden for the morning and now doing a whole lot of not much.  Have to wait until Jack gets home from his training walk to open the paint for me.  Just hope the lazy bug doesn't hit before he gets here.  Was proper psyched up for the job at 9am, but can't promise it'll be the same by 2pm.

I think you're gonna get a shock when it comes to Halloween. I remember you saying that you were surprised at how the Irish celebrated...well in England people give less of a shit. If anything, they try not to celebrate it because gangs of youths have ruined it over the last few years to the point that shops don't sell eggs/flour etc on the day itself.

Honey that's just up north Wink they're posh down south youths don't do that sort of thing....................... oh wait.

mouth

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 21, 2011, 01:19:59 AM »

Yeah I heard down South all the kids have already written to Father Xmas telling him they now have everything they wanted.

Halloween get celebrated round here (oop north) not to the extent it does in America, but my daughter and I have always gone out trick or treating (insert obvious joke here) and never had any adverse callers!

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 21, 2011, 09:19:12 AM »

From what I'm told, there's not been any trouble at Halloween in this area either.  Granted, 'no trouble' by Jack's standards = they didn't knock at his door.     There's every chance the kids won't bother to call here as that's how they've been trained, but we'll give it an old go.  Not so sure about the popcorn balls though.  They were shocking bad last year imo.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 22, 2011, 04:00:33 PM »

Well, that's the fences around the place painted.  And some brick, a bit of the ground, a bit of a metal fence and anything else that didn't get out of me way.  Oh yeah...and the neighbour's shiny blue sports car.  And that's another lot around the place introduced.  Ooops  
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 04:06:03 PM by Laxie » Logged

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 22, 2011, 04:18:39 PM »

Jack brought home sprayable fence paint and a gadget for the spraying, so off I went.  I was flying as long as it didn't get clogged up.  Luckily that only happened about every 10 or 15 minutes, otherwise it may have been annoying.  Not to worry.  Taking it apart, rinsing and putting the lot back together has turned into something I'm able for in my sleep now. 

If you thought I was a messy painter before, have no doubt - I topped it this week-end.  To be fair though, it wasn't entirely down to lack of skill on my part.  Spray guns put that stuff everywhere!  Add a bit of wind and all hell breaks loose.  Says on the box it makes painting a lot easier, but I'm not so sure I believe that.  Will let ya know once I've finished trying to scrub the excess off the bricks and cement. 

Luckily the owner of the blue car had managed the same party piece themselves at some stage, so they knew how easy it was to make that mistake.  Only they managed to paint both of their cars.  I'd kept it limited to just the one so not half as bad.  And it washed off easy enough too, so we're good.  Not exactly the way I'd planned to proper get to know them, but there ya go. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 22, 2011, 04:25:41 PM »

Six weeks off the smokes and I'm definitely gaining weight.  Sigh.  Jack has to go to an outdoor shop this evening for Coast 2 Coast gear and we're getting me a decent pair of walking shoes while we're there.  Glad I've stayed off the cigs, but weight gain was always my excuse in the past for refusing to quit so I need to nip this lively.  Don't want half me brain telling the other half 'told ya so'. 

I'd done a walk with Jack a couple of times early days and ended up with a jumbo blister from wrong shoes and that was that.  No more excuses though.  This has to be done.  Luckily he's on a mission of his own, so we'll work together.  A bit like we've done with everything else around here. 

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 22, 2011, 04:41:40 PM »

Do you think the weight gain is mainly due to the ciggies or could it be some other lifestyle change since you moved to Leicester?

I was thinking that now you don't have 2 dogs to take out every day that you're probably not walking as much as previously.

There's nothing like a dog for forcing you to walk a few miles a day no matter what excuses you can find.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: