blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 05:47:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272954 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Laxie Goes Primetime
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie Goes Primetime  (Read 146089 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: August 22, 2011, 04:56:46 PM »

Only 4 more sleeps til DTD!!!   cupcake cupcake  

Might possibly be looking forward to it a bit.  Just a bit, mind.  We're there til some time on Monday and it's going to be great catching up with so many people.  

The Omaha on the Monday is still a coin flip in my head.  Think I'll play a couple of small tourneys over the next few days and see how it goes.  Don't need to 'win' as such.  Just want to make sure I feel good enough about the way I'm playing it.  <<<  Is it just me or does that last bit sound really odd?  lol

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 22, 2011, 05:01:09 PM »

Do you think the weight gain is mainly due to the ciggies or could it be some other lifestyle change since you moved to Leicester?

I was thinking that now you don't have 2 dogs to take out every day that you're probably not walking as much as previously.

There's nothing like a dog for forcing you to walk a few miles a day no matter what excuses you can find.

Blimey.  You've a fair point there.  Never even thought of that.  Cheers Matt! 

We don't have a dog, although Jack has mentioned the idea a few times.  That said, I do have a Jack and he really likes walking.  He's planning a bunch of short walks (4 miles) over the next couple of weeks in the run up to his Coast to Coast.  Will join him and see if that helps any bit.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 22, 2011, 08:26:00 PM »

Just back from some outdoor shop and now own a pair of proper walking shoes.  Also got walking socks, although I don't understand the difference between them and any other pair of socks.  What I do know is they match the shoes, so I'm a proper posh walker innit.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 23, 2011, 12:17:02 AM »

Oi Jr - I can see you lurking around the place.  It's late.  Get yer backside to bed!!! 

Night night  xx

PS  I Looooooove youuuuuuuuuuu

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #439 on: August 23, 2011, 08:36:42 AM »

Just back from some outdoor shop and now own a pair of proper walking shoes.  Also got walking socks, although I don't understand the difference between them and any other pair of socks.  What I do know is they match the shoes, so I'm a proper posh walker innit.

Nothing to be proud of, IMO

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 23, 2011, 09:47:42 AM »

Eyes aren't in focus just yet as I'm late waking up, but are those purple shoes she's wearing?! 

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #441 on: August 25, 2011, 07:38:07 AM »

Eyes aren't in focus just yet as I'm late waking up, but are those purple shoes she's wearing?! 

I have the same thing when I see Janice Street Porter somewhere...I often think "Wow, WTF happened to her shoes?"

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 25, 2011, 09:20:58 AM »

I have the same thing when I see Janice Street Porter somewhere...I often think "Wow, WTF happened to her shoes?"

Didn't know who you were on about, so I googled her.  Bit of an odd sort from the sounds of it.  In fact, I might hazard going one further and saying she's 'not all there'.  Just one mention (of many) that stood out - attempting to serve up horse meat outside Cheltenham race course.  WTF was she smoking before she went on that mission?

Anyway, reason I asked about the colour of the shoes is because these are what I came home with...

That's right.  I'm now the proud owner of purple walking shoes.  Have matching socks too. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 25, 2011, 10:00:12 AM »

Stumbled across this next picture while I was getting the shoe one.  Taken last month in Notts, it's Kate's Ties and Tiaras Birthday.  Pretty sure I posted about that night earlier in the thread, but old age is kicking in so wouldn't swear to it.  Looking back, we weren't very good at keeping to the theme for the night

Click to see full-size image.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 25, 2011, 10:17:09 AM »

Only one more sleep and I'll be meeting up with that ^^^^ crowd and loads more for the APAT Worlds at DTD!!!    cupcake    

It's probably THE poker week-end in my calendar year to be honest.  There are a few APAT's I've never missed and DTD is one of them.  Luton & Dublin are the other two, but they don't hold as much weight for me as DTD does because so many more make the effort to get there.  It's going to be an excellent week-end and we're really looking forward to meeting up with so many friends we've not seen in a while.  Would sleep now to speed it up if I thought it would work.  I'm like a giddy kid ffs!  lol

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 25, 2011, 10:19:36 AM »

Oh yeah...I've registered for the Omaha too after a round at the DTD cash tables paid for the entry.   I'm not even a cash player normally.  Cheesy

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 25, 2011, 10:34:33 AM »

In other breaking news - SinĂ©ad has been in regular contact with the last few days.  I got to pick out her shoes and clutch bag for a dance she's going to next week.  We all know how much I love shopping, but this was one time I genuinely didn't mind.  In fact, I quite enjoyed it.  Was nice to know I could still help her get ready for a big day out in some way - even from here.  It's not a major breakthrough, but at least the ice is broken a bit more now.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #447 on: August 25, 2011, 10:36:47 AM »

Oh yeah...I've registered for the Omaha too after a round at the DTD cash tables paid for the entry.   I'm not even a cash poker player normally.  Cheesy

Too easy?...um, maybe..but I don't care as now you can say "Well, beat ye, ye fish!" and that makes you happy again.

I aim to please....

and protect and serve.

etc.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #448 on: August 25, 2011, 10:37:51 AM »

Didn't know who you were on about, so I googled her.  Bit of an odd sort from the sounds of it.  In fact, I might hazard going one further and saying she's 'not all there'.  Just one mention (of many) that stood out - attempting to serve up horse meat outside Cheltenham race course.  WTF was she smoking before she went on that mission?

Not all there?....Erm, yeah..that would be the nice way to describe her. I can think of several, less flattering, ones.

BTW, horsemeat?  YUMMY!

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 26, 2011, 09:50:04 AM »

Didn't know who you were on about, so I googled her.  Bit of an odd sort from the sounds of it.  In fact, I might hazard going one further and saying she's 'not all there'.  Just one mention (of many) that stood out - attempting to serve up horse meat outside Cheltenham race course.  WTF was she smoking before she went on that mission?

Not all there?....Erm, yeah..that would be the nice way to describe her. I can think of several, less flattering, ones.

BTW, horsemeat?  YUMMY!

Ugh.  I like trying new things, but there are 3 things I'll never consider - horse, dog or cat.  Actually, make it four things.  Prolly never giving rodents a go either.  Fried bugs?  Not thrilled about the idea, but would try them. 

Assuming you're reasonably sane and we can safely exclude humans, name something you'd no way, no how give a try?

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: