blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 11:12:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272952 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Laxie Goes Primetime
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie Goes Primetime  (Read 146043 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #900 on: January 27, 2012, 03:42:14 PM »

In other news...  only a short time after being discussed here, I've been told the merkin is causing a stir in New York. 

A hat like yours would retail for 4 figures at Saks 5th Avenue.

The older I get, the better I was.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #901 on: January 27, 2012, 04:45:21 PM »

In other news...  only a short time after being discussed here, I've been told the merkin is causing a stir in New York. 

A hat like yours would retail for 4 figures at Saks 5th Avenue.

Excuuuuuuse me?! 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: January 27, 2012, 05:05:46 PM »

Today I was meant to do a big clean up around the place.  Not like it really needs much.  Only so much 'mess' two of us can make when I generally keep on top of things.  Clutter does my head in, so there's next to none of that.  This was mostly a wash and scrub day...just because. 

Except that I got lazy during the first half of the day.  Well, 'lazy' isn't an entirely fair title to be giving meself.  I've not been sleeping very well lately for a start.  Always happens before and after a trip to Ireland and all going well, I'll be grand on that front in another few days.

Add to that, the body's not recognising my thyroid replacement meds with a while now.  Your thyroid levels basically affect your whole body.  When it's wrong I gain weight, have trouble catching my breath (even sitting down) and get tired at the drop of a hat.  Docs have confirmed my levels are way off and upped my dose of meds for the first time in a goodly few years.  Still not much change physically so I reckon we'll be upping them again in a couple of weeks time when I'm re-tested.  Anyway, that tends to drag me down at times and nothing I can do to pull myself around.  When the energy's gone, that's it for a bit.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things really.  I've trained myself to take advantage of quiet times and rest when I can.  I also plough through when required - so if something's important, it gets done.  Anyway, I'd grand plans to scrub down around the place but the body decided it was too early in the day. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #903 on: January 27, 2012, 05:18:11 PM »

So there I was...chilling watching the tennis.  Hope was to take a nap and then get tackling the house work.  Nothing like tennis to put ya to sleep.  Only it was a pretty good match.  Sigh.  Next thing ya know, Cat Lady next door starts blasting her music...for the third day running. 

All hopes of a nap gone out the window, I watched the rest of the tennis.  Then the indoor bowls came on.  Good god what a boring sport.  I'd have slept for sure only for the music blasting next door.  In the end I decided to put some music of my own on and get to that cleaning.  I think Cat Lady got the hint.  Or just gave up.  Not sure, but within a couple of songs it was suddenly all quiet at her house.

False advertising alert coming up!!!  They're full of lies ffs!  The bottle of cleaner said 3 things that matter here.  First - 'Fast Acting'.  Fast acting me eye.  Took the bones of an hour to scrub down the 2 bathrooms.  Which brings me to my next complaint.  'No scrubbing required'.  Well then WTF was I doing with the past hour?!  Why do they try to claim there's no work in house work? 

The only thing they DID get right - 'ventilation required'.  Yep.  That one's true.  I didn't open a window and now can't get the smell of the fumes out of me head...or me nose.  Sigh.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #904 on: January 27, 2012, 06:24:13 PM »

Anyway, the house smells like a swimming pool now and a few more things are nice and clean.  The music is still playing, but not at top level.  Cat Lady will be pleased.  Jack and I just finished cooking a 'make it up as ya go along' chicken dinner of sorts and had a good laugh doing it.  Will be tucking in shortly and then it's movie time.  I love the week-ends.  I've got used to being on my own during the week and really am ok with it.  But week-ends are something special.  Hope you all have a good one too.  x 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #905 on: January 27, 2012, 07:13:45 PM »

Message for Sarah - when yer done reading this, get over to here >>>  http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=56572.0

and do the sheep quiz!!!

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #906 on: January 29, 2012, 12:45:39 PM »

Watching the golf just now and almost feeling a bit sorry for Tiger Woods.  He's got all the money he could ever want for equipment, staff and training but it doesn't seem any of that matters at the minute.  Changing his swing?!  The one that saw him win sooooo many titles before all hell broke loose.  Why? 

It's not his swing that's the problem.  I reckon it's his mind needs the work.  He can't possibly perform at his best if his mind is still cluttered with other issues.  And as nobody wants to lose their cushy job with him, I doubt any of them will ever tell him.  Yeah...let's change something that was never a problem before.  Blame it on anything you can, just don't blame it on the mind behind the man.  A pity.  He could really be great again if he just cleared the fog.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #907 on: January 29, 2012, 01:08:27 PM »

Disclaimer -

Take no notice of the post above.  I'm just a girl.  What do I know about golf anyway?   

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #908 on: January 29, 2012, 01:11:40 PM »

Disclaimer -

Take no notice of the post above.  I'm just a girl.  What do I know about golf anyway?   

As much as me by the look of things...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #909 on: February 05, 2012, 07:04:48 PM »

We've a new addition in Leicester.  Introducing Charlie Garm...

Click to see full-size image.

Can you guess why we gave him that name?

SirPerceval

View Profile
« Reply #910 on: February 05, 2012, 07:31:32 PM »

We've a new addition in Leicester.  Introducing Charlie Garm...

Click to see full-size image.

Can you guess why we gave him a name?

Because you are a fruitcake?
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: February 06, 2012, 07:54:58 AM »

That's a given ffs! 

If nobody is going to have a proper guess, I'm not gonna tell ya, so there.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #912 on: February 06, 2012, 07:57:32 AM »

6:42 of pure heaven.  Or hell - depending on which team you supported...

GOOOOOOOO GIANTS!!!!!   

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #913 on: February 06, 2012, 08:51:52 AM »

Every year it's the same thing.  The Cleveland Browns fall on their face before the season even starts, or tease us with a rare visit to somewhere near the playoffs.  I wish them well and cheer them on every year without high expectations.  Turning up on game day is about the most I ever ask for from them....and they manage it - just about.  They never disappoint...provided you keep the expectations low.   

Once we get the formalities of yet another abysmal Cleveland Browns season out of the way, it's on to the Superbowl.  With my own team sat by the fire warming their toes, I've to choose a different team to support for a couple of weeks, as well as a few hours of intense cheering on the night.  That's the plan anyway.  Every year, I get all geared up for it and have every intention of watching it to the very end. 

Staying awake goes well for the first half of the game.  By then my team is either totally crushing the opposition, or they're losing by a close margin but still in with a shout, albeit looking as tired as I feel.  I may not have been running around a pitch with the last couple of hours, but random support is intense work too ya know.  Then the half time show comes on and this is where my plans go tits up. 

Half time shows are either 'total shite' or 'meh, ok' imo.  Granted, some of them are probably brilliant, but I'm not interested enough in the half time show to appreciate it.  I want to see the game.  This delay is going to cause me to get even more drowsy.  Go on, you can do it...keep those eyes open.  Only another while to go.................

And every year it's the same.  I wake up within an hour AFTER the final whistle was blown.  Sigh.  If I'm lucky, I'll have stayed awake up to some point in the 4th quarter, but I never stay awake to see that final play.  The next day I watch the last hour of the replay, wishing I'd been there at the time to jump up and down and sweat it out as my team of the day took it down.  I don't get to see the Browns do it and rarely get to see whatever team I've picked do it either.  Marv.    

Ah well, at least they did it.  And that last 6 minute clip is all that I was missing really.  Looks like I saved myself some tense moments in the middle of the night until that final whistle blew and got some sleep into the bargain.  Win win all around. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #914 on: February 06, 2012, 02:01:43 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: