blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:29:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  MY FIRST WSOP - BY ROB YONG
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MY FIRST WSOP - BY ROB YONG  (Read 123867 times)
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2005, 12:30:00 AM »

D'oh. Ok I'm going from Gatwick. Cheers anyway. See you out there!
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2005, 12:31:42 AM »

Yeah  i hope so ... Tikay is buying us dinner ya know Smiley  Talking of which, are we gonna make arrangements for that Mr. Kendall ?

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2005, 12:50:50 AM »

Kev, I don't know Vegas - it's my first visit - so I will need someone to sort a Restaurant. And we need time to invite all the blondeites, & we don't know who's going yet. I am there 3rd July for 2 weeks, I think we oughta have our dinner just before we come home. We may even have a World Champion with us - how good would THAT be?

But YES, I am good for my word - the Blondeites Dinner is on tikay.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2005, 01:19:27 AM »

Here's a pic of Vegas that Rob Yong sent for you guys. I believe it's the apartment that Rob has rented. Likes to live well, does our Rob.

[attachment deleted by admin]

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2005, 02:16:00 AM »

Not a bad place i suppose..for a holiday home Wink

DTD-Nick.W

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2005, 08:58:45 AM »

You should see his Caravan

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2005, 09:02:31 AM »

I wonder how much the window cleaner charges at the rio ?

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2005, 11:03:22 AM »

I wonder how big his ladder is

ariston

better lucky than good
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2005, 11:11:22 AM »

Rob's, or the window cleaners?

Robs is bound to be a whopper.

CoolHand

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2005, 12:24:43 PM »

Hi Rob,

Love the diary! It makes great reading and I look forward to the next installament.

Loved your honesty on the pair of 5's story, unlucky. I wish you better luck next time and I truly hope you smash your 50K target.

A month in Vegas, now that sounds very, very good.

I took up Poker in January, so I'm still a small "fish" in a huge pond. I dream of going to Vegas like you have and mixing it with the stars and maybe even picking up a win or 2! But will have to remain focused on learning my game for now.

I know the Chris Moneymaker story reads well, and I've read his book. The media make it seem like he was a complete novice, but the truth is he was always a gambler and a man who liked to bet big. He had also played a lot of live games locally.

But that doesn't mean to say I'm not going to have a go on BetFair nxt week to try and qualify!!!!!! LOL!

Anyway, John, I'm insanely jealous. The hype around WSOP 2005 is huge. I watched The Poker Channel last night and saw the RIO hotel; it looks great.

I wish you every success and keep the diary up.

Good luck.

Rich
« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 12:26:22 PM by CoolHand » Logged
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2005, 01:10:04 PM »

You should see his Caravan

i thought that was his caravan

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2005, 01:30:09 PM »

least u had the grapefruits to make the move with your Smiley
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2005, 03:34:48 PM »

Spent day by the pool and then went to the Palms tonight to play a $200 re-buy (only 1 allowed so effectively a $400 freeze out). Running pretty well until I busted out with 2 crazy hands. Hand 1 : 2 limpers in the pot and I am on the dolly.. I make my mind up that I am going to raise whatever my hold cards are, as they both are tight players and I have position, so can bluff the flop if one of them calls, I look down and see 72 off suit so I obviously I raise 4 X BB, the first limper calls and the second one passes. Flop comes772, wow, and he bets out full pot, I put him on an over pair and re-raise all in as he cannot pass on this flop so no reason to slowplay, he calls and shows 99. I turn over 72 and the whole table looks disgusted, the guy with 99 says how can you raise with that, to which I reply, I never wanted a caller (sound familiar?). BUT turn K and then river 9!!!! The worst thing was it was the case 9, as the BB said he passed J9! What's the world coming to when these premium hands do not hold up. That cost me 50% of my stack. Hand 2: I am under the gun with AA,  I limp, unfortunately no one raises and everyone passes leaving me and the BB, flop comes 89J, all hearts, I have the ace of hearts but I'm still not over the moon with the flop, the BB bets full pot, I don't put her on a made as she wants me to pass by the size of her bet and her expression, I move -all in, she thinks for ages and then calls with T7 of spades, she had made her straight. No hearts come and I'm out. I played the worst hand in hold'em, 72 off suit, and the best, pocket aces, and got battered both times. Back to the hotel, met Carlson, a guy from California who I met in Maho, had a couple of drinks with him. He has brought his wife and 2 kids to Vegas for the full 6 weeks (one kid is 2 and the other one is just 3 weeks old!). I made my way towards the elevator to get an early night. but for some strange reason I was drawn to a sign saying High Limit Tables and it smiled right at me. Well, nobody is perfect, I've trained at the gym everyday, not been drinking alcohol, not played the cash gamesAND I am better at Blackjack than poker! Anyway, to cut a long story short, I won $40,000 after a long session and deposited the cash behind the cage. That's the last time I play this trip, cause it's7am in the morning and I have not been to bed yet (Chubby - this is why I have not posted, thanks for the mail). 2 lessons learnt today, muck 72 offsuit on the button and raise with AA under the gun..most of the time, but if the 72 is suited
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2005, 03:39:02 PM »

Do I get the feeling that you are one of those guys who's always lucky in life??!!! LOL....

You seem to have a reverse leak going!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
simonow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2005, 05:04:50 PM »

i've been waiting 6 hours for you to post now you have acheived your fianancial targetfor the trip you hotel comped been a good f"c*ing boy for 4 days get out there and kick SOME ASS THE YONGSTA WAY you've gone to play poker so stop feeling sorry for yourself and start to have fun give plenty of banter as much as you want no rules there get in the big games and shine like the star we all know you are
be POSITIVE
chubbs

check out www.dtdpoker.com for a chance to tour with DTD crew
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: