blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:06:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  MY FIRST WSOP - BY ROB YONG
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MY FIRST WSOP - BY ROB YONG  (Read 123951 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2005, 08:32:51 AM »

Sleep well darling.

xx

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Wall

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2005, 09:46:57 AM »

Loving the topic Rob  Grin best of luck for the rest of the WSOP!
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2005, 07:17:42 PM »

Good to finally meet fellow blondites out here! Grin
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2005, 01:58:23 PM »

I just had a call from Wilie Tann. Willie aint so hot on posting on Forums, or computers, but he was very insistent that I post this on his behalf.

It's a message from Willie to Rob Yong.

"Rob, keep it up, your reports are very good indeed, we can all learn from them. And you are a very good writer too. I am very proud of you. Well done. Keep the reports coming please"

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Splash

WonkyJim / Donkeyjim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2005, 03:14:27 PM »

wow thats almost as inspiring as 'Wax on , wax off'

".....and Buckley ponders how to play Aces to lose the maximum."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2005, 03:18:16 PM »

Wax on, wax off?

Splash

WonkyJim / Donkeyjim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2005, 03:20:26 PM »

C'mon Tikay u need to work on your popular culture... u'd never make my quiz team!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2005, 03:32:31 PM »

Gissaclue.

Quiz Team. I'm good on trains, Brunel, Victorian Engineering, Racehorse Breeding, True Life Adventure. Don't do ANY fiction stuff or films. Guiess ypu want me for your quiz team now.

Tell you what. One afternoo at the Luton Festival, we will have a little quiz.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2005, 03:35:35 PM »

Gissaclue.

Quiz Team. I'm good on trains, Brunel, Victorian Engineering, Racehorse Breeding, True Life Adventure. Don't do ANY fiction stuff or films. Guiess ypu want me for your quiz team now.

Tell you what. One afternoo at the Luton Festival, we will have a little quiz.

Tell me when, I'll wait in the car park until you finish

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Splash

WonkyJim / Donkeyjim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2005, 03:38:50 PM »

Shocked

Fair enough theres always room for a 'real life adventure' expert on the team  Wink

ok here you go... Willie Tann, popular poker player sponsored by betfair also known as Mr Miyagi, offers words of praise and encouragement to budding WSOP poker diarist Rob Yong....

Mr Miyagi, inspirational character (played by Pat Morita) in 1984 film classic 'The Karate Kid', mentors and trains budding karate student Daniel LaRusso. Famous line from the film when Mr Miyagi teaching said student balance, patience and poise.... 'Wax on , wax off' .... basically he had him waxing his cars!

No fun when u have to explain it!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 03:41:31 PM by Splash » Logged

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2005, 03:46:11 PM »

I just had a call from Wilie Tann. Willie aint so hot on posting on Forums, or computers, but he was very insistent that I post this on his behalf.

It's a message from Willie to Rob Yong.

"Rob, keep it up, your reports are very good indeed, we can all learn from them. And you are a very good writer too. I am very proud of you. Well done. Keep the reports coming please"

has willie managed to get past the first page of the thread then? i can remember the phone call to tikays mobile in blackpool

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2005, 03:51:09 PM »

No Ironside, he has not. He rung me today to ask me how to find it for him. After 20 minutes of carefully explaining - "click the mouse now Willie", "Mouse, what Mouse?"....I eventually had to read it to him. He's lovely, just lovely. So is his wife.

For the benefit (?) of others, Willie called me in Blackpool to complain that the Live Update had "disappeared". After 20 minutes of careful explanation, I took the easy course & passed the phone to Ironside to get HIM to explain it. An hour later......

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2005, 04:47:33 PM »

True life adventure, now we have some common ground tikay, I didnt have any real schooling and it was through the need to know about other peoples lives and adventures that I learned to read

I will always remember trying to Join a librairy when I was about 9 and being refused because my hands were grubby, fortunately this didnt put me off and I tried elsewhere and became an avid reader

I've read all the interesting looking autobiographys and biographys in the librairy where I live now, then I found that the uninteresting looking ones were often even beter

People sometimes risked so much to record the things happend to them. Those that have thrown caution to the wind and those that have dragged themselves up from poverty and obscurity.

I even find the horrible stories like tales from Aucshwitz uplifting, because they are by survivors, and I love survivors most of all. cast away on a desert island, stranded on Everest, walking to the pole, Raising a family in a slum with no money, overcoming illness and disability, striving to do things people say cant be done

These are lifes real heroes, and they inspire me

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2005, 05:30:59 PM »

What you describe as the "horrible stories" were my favourites too, ghoulish as it seems.

The POW's in Borneo & the Far East who built the railway. (Oops, Trains again...). Guys cast adrift in a lifeboat for 6 months. Single handed circumnavigation in a sailing ship. Basically, "against all odds", "facing up to adversity" stuff. Never read a Fiction book in my life, never want to. "Real life" is so much more interesting. To me, anyway.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2005, 07:36:53 PM »

I even find the horrible stories like tales from Aucshwitz uplifting, because they are by survivors, and I love survivors most of all.

That makes sense. From what I've witnessed RED, you're very hard to get rid of in comps. A survivor with 'Aligator blood. Can't get rid of im.'
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: