blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 03:43:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273151 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  RIP Amy Winehouse
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RIP Amy Winehouse  (Read 19633 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2011, 11:16:41 AM »

Rupert Murdoch has said he is touched by some of the messages people have left on Amy's phone.

lol

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2011, 01:38:29 PM »

Feel for her parents, don't give 2 figs about her. She was on self destruct and it was always gonna happen. Although she was talented, she was junkie and a bad role model. No time for druggies and the absolute havoc they cause within society.

A society as a whole can best be judged on how it treats, values, interacts, looks after those most vulnerable and in need. Understanding, tolerance and be respectful of everyone regardless of their flaws, background, past etc.

To judge and dismiss everyone with a drug problem as an havoc to society is at best simplistic at worst naive. (My Mum caused huge havoc when she couldn't stop taking her tranq's after her parents died) I would say drink was Amy's biggest problem and I bet that's what ultimately killed her, so I do hope when you make these sweeping assertion against "druggies" you attach everyone who has a drinking problem too? which I think is a bigger problem for the country as a whole.

How would you react to someone trolling a thread about military getting killed in action with "fuck um they deserved it, I hate the military" type post?

I don't understand lots of people you included but I try not to piss on your fire for the fun of it.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2011, 04:17:43 PM »

An interesting case to consider are soldiers who return from war and are suffering from PTSD and so turn to drink or drugs to cope.

Should they be discarded as 'addicts' or 'junkies'?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2011, 04:21:32 PM »

An interesting case to consider are soldiers who return from war and are suffering from PTSD and so turn to drink or drugs to cope.

Classed as yes, none of them should be discarded though.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2011, 04:25:11 PM »

Classed as yes, none of them should be discarded though.

If they die, do they get our sympathy, or do we just reserve that for their parents?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2011, 09:04:23 PM »

Been having a kinda Amy Winehouse week in tribute, Back to Black & Frank in the car etc, and oh my gosh forgotten how good she truly was. She must have given strength to millions through her music as music tends to do, particularly as she wrote in times of anguish. I think that effect and the music legacy will last for a v long time. What kind of Fuckery is this? Lol at that lyric. I have even got Tears Dry on their Own as my ringtone now having bumped You're So Vain, which wasn't easy I can tell you.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2011, 09:37:13 PM »

I'm happy to give the media a kicking while they're down. Always camping outside to get the wired pictures after a session and only fed the public junkie pictures. She wasn't like that all the while though eg the songs she wrote, including rehab, were top drawer. And she must have worked hard to get there, been ambitious etc. But cos the public were fed only the crazy bad pictures when she dies all her quality and achievement is brushed aside. But listen to what lots of her fans say, many young, and her music was inspirational to them. Obv she wasn't a saint but not all bad either. The bastards did this with Jacko and some people see him as a pedo. Nah man Jacko isn't a pedo he's Michael Jackson and he did Thriller and moonwalked and stuff.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2011, 09:39:51 PM »

you have to wait 2 years on average to get help for addiction from a proper doctor on the NHS. To get meths daily and not help with mental health problems takes a few weeks...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: