blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 02:01:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273146 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  RIP Amy Winehouse
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RIP Amy Winehouse  (Read 19631 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2011, 03:13:51 PM »

people who have such a black and white view on drugs/addicts are either very ignorant or have lived a very sheltered life.

I've never really understood addiction cos I'm compulsive not addcitive, If i felt I was addicted to something I really feel like I could dig in and stop doing it.

I have a lot of sympathy for it though

Manuel

jammy

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2011, 05:04:42 PM »

I'll come back to your last post - but what the American soldiers did in Vietnam and WW2 is of absolutely no concern to the modern day British soldier. We have something called Compulsory Drug Testing. If you're stupid enough to take drugs, you eventually get caught - and when they do, they get kicked out. They know they risk their career, pension...but if they put us at risk ('being off their tits with a loaded gun..') then that's the price they deserve to
pay (oh and they get a dishonourable discharge, which sits badly on their CV)

Would love to see you try and score some drugs in Afghanistan!!!

Is this post a massive level?

A lot of people in the forces take drugs and still pass CDTs no problem, so clearly as you put it they are 'stupid' enough to take drugs but not 'stupid' enough to get caught on the CDT.. What does this make them? in my time i have known quite a few people get booted for drugs none of which have a mythical CV which has a massive red stamp saying 'Do not employ - dishonourable discharge'. In fact the MOD are not allowed to divulge the nature of a dd. Two of the 3 I stayed in touch with are doing very well in civvie street. 

I am massively pro forces and am the latest of generations of family members who have all served, unfortunately i am also a realist and see a lot of what actually goes on. Unlike the Sgts/Staffys, coming up to their 22 who have spent most their adult life on the patch and are naive to what it is like in normal society or don't notice what is going on
under their very own noses.

The funniest part of the whole thing is: '
Would love to see you try and score some drugs in Afghanistan!!!'

You can't be serious!?? Afghanistan which is now known as 'The heroin capital of the world' it is the source of 90% of the world's opium. The Afghan Army who our boys work alongside closely are notorious for smoking heroin and weed on a daily basis. Our lot are constantly seizing drugs, burning millions of pounds worth of heroin and cannabis and working alongside people who have free access to it. it has to be one of the easiest places to 'score' drugs in the world!

There have even been reports of some forces lads getting their hands on so much gear they even tried shipping some back to Brize on the hercs! lol.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11277466
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11557781
http://www.ironmountaindailynews.com/page/blogs.detail/display/354/Heroin-capital-of-the-world.html

http://wn.com/Afghan_Soldiers_Smoking_Weed_with_British_Troops

Would i want to be on the frontline with a mate completely off his box, obv not.
Do i think any less of anyone in the forces for having a crafty smoke or having an occasional dabble? not at all.
The truth is with all the latest cuts, morale in the mob etc the career, pension and so called X factor its not enough to be even bothered about losing it if you get caught.

How do you feel about women in the forces?
Homosexuals in the forces?

If we're in battle, is he going to be looking at the enemy, or is he going to be looking at me and going "Ooh. He looks tasty in his uniform". And I'm not homophobic. Come round, look at my CDs. You'll see Queen, George Michael, Pet Shop Boys.

"The problem with Internet quotations is that many of them are not real."
- Abraham Lincoln
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2011, 05:09:45 PM »

^^^^^^^^

Classic Gareth
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2011, 05:23:50 PM »

RIP, its the shitbags hanging round these kinds of people that don't help.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2011, 08:08:28 PM »

Can't believe you missed the rest, Boshi.

Yeah 1 out of 10 for the quiz guru, wp.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2011, 08:16:17 PM »

I'll come back to your last post - but what the American soldiers did in Vietnam and WW2 is of absolutely no concern to the modern day British soldier. We have something called Compulsory Drug Testing. If you're stupid enough to take drugs, you eventually get caught - and when they do, they get kicked out. They know they risk their career, pension...but if they put us at risk ('being off their tits with a loaded gun..') then that's the price they deserve to
pay (oh and they get a dishonourable discharge, which sits badly on their CV)

Would love to see you try and score some drugs in Afghanistan!!!

Is this post a massive level?

A lot of people in the forces take drugs and still pass CDTs no problem, so clearly as you put it they are 'stupid' enough to take drugs but not 'stupid' enough to get caught on the CDT.. What does this make them? in my time i have known quite a few people get booted for drugs none of which have a mythical CV which has a massive red stamp saying 'Do not employ - dishonourable discharge'. In fact the MOD are not allowed to divulge the nature of a dd. Two of the 3 I stayed in touch with are doing very well in civvie street. 

I am massively pro forces and am the latest of generations of family members who have all served, unfortunately i am also a realist and see a lot of what actually goes on. Unlike the Sgts/Staffys, coming up to their 22 who have spent most their adult life on the patch and are naive to what it is like in normal society or don't notice what is going on
under their very own noses.

The funniest part of the whole thing is: '
Would love to see you try and score some drugs in Afghanistan!!!'

You can't be serious!?? Afghanistan which is now known as 'The heroin capital of the world' it is the source of 90% of the world's opium. The Afghan Army who our boys work alongside closely are notorious for smoking heroin and weed on a daily basis. Our lot are constantly seizing drugs, burning millions of pounds worth of heroin and cannabis and working alongside people who have free access to it. it has to be one of the easiest places to 'score' drugs in the world!

There have even been reports of some forces lads getting their hands on so much gear they even tried shipping some back to Brize on the hercs! lol.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11277466
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11557781
http://www.ironmountaindailynews.com/page/blogs.detail/display/354/Heroin-capital-of-the-world.html

http://wn.com/Afghan_Soldiers_Smoking_Weed_with_British_Troops

Would i want to be on the frontline with a mate completely off his box, obv not.
Do i think any less of anyone in the forces for having a crafty smoke or having an occasional dabble? not at all.
The truth is with all the latest cuts, morale in the mob etc the career, pension and so called X factor its not enough to be even bothered about losing it if you get caught.

How do you feel about women in the forces?
Homosexuals in the forces?
In 2006 the MOD were close to bringing in a policy to where if a soldier within their first 3 years of service under the age of 22 tested positive for smoking cannabis they would still be allowed to serve after undergoing disciplinary action.
Wont even start the old "would you rather work alongside the soldier who was pissed out of his skull, still drinking at 2am down the mess" or "work with the guy who smoked a joint after work and had a good 14hrs sleep" debate..

Sigh, i thought i was just typing up a couple of thoughts... turned into a massive essay.

Just lol at your interpretation of CDT and how to avoid. That is because you were in the RAF - who have a completely different interpretation to the Army. Whereas our camps get locked down and a 100% test is enforced, the RAF only submit a relatively small sample size. Cannot remember but think it was 20%. Quite easy to avoid as you say.

You clearly have little experience of getting out n about on the ground in Afghan. I am fully aware that it's the heroin capital of the world - hence one of the main reasons we're there. Have you ever seen what happens to drugs when they get confiscated? Thought not! Are you aware of the detection techniques employed at certain points along the LofC?

As for the large quantities they tried getting onto C130's - you're talking bollocks. You're confused with the cigarette smuggling operation.

You REALLY believe that crap about Afghans smoking weed with Brits??? Have you any concept whatsoever of the nature of the relationship (on the ground) between us and the ANA/ANP? Clearly, most definitely not.

As for comparing alcohol to drugs within a soldiers sytem, again ...sigh.  You're quite right - alcohol is most definitely not good for us (some say worse than drugs). But alcohol is excepted as it does not have some of the more worrying side effects of (some) drugs - which are quite worrying when in control of a loaded weapon system. Secondly - not even alcohol is accepted on tour. We now undertake 'dry' tours unlike 10+ years ago.

As for women in the armed forces? What do you think I am? A dinosaur? Not a problem whatsoever. Have plenty of female mates - and the medics/nurses are absolute heroes.

Homosexuals? Again, not a problem. I know a few serving gay guys and they're top rate soldiers.

Lol. As usual you are completely right in every aspect and your views are not to be waivered in the slightest. I really shouldn't reply... But i will.

Don't know where you got 20% from but we often had 100% screening with the whole camp on lockdown, the lowest i have ever witnessed was 70%, we had a period of being tested once a month for a good 6 months as an abnormal amount of people were testing positive at our place. Clearly you digested my post well.. my point was about passing a CDT not avoiding. There are numerous ways to take the test and successfully pass it. Also you would be quite surprised how quickly drugs leave the system. Urine is a terrible way of testing for drugs. GCHQ employ a hair test as it stays in your hair folicals for a minimum of 3 months. If you turn up completely bald they take it from anywhere on the body. If you have no hair on your body it is taken as an admission of guilt.  There was talk about employing this in across the 3 services but at the time they were worried too many people would fail.

Obviously you know exactly what i did in the RAF.. i wasn't at all employed as a Farsi terp and i never worked in direct support to ops... clearly you know all the dialects spoken on the border where the majority of the smuggling takes place.  I wont even bother going into my knowledge of Islamic culture.

I don't need to believe when i KNOW things. I know first hand of yanks especially who have been sent from tour becuase of misuse of illegal substances. Surely you are not so naive that you think it is contained to one nationality alone!?.

I know there are dry tours and obv the reason for this is to stop the intake of alcohol and I also know people make homebrew and get stuff sent out to them from family/friends etc, do you also mark these people with the same brush?

Thanks for telling me what I am confused with. I'm afraid you have confused the cigarette smuggling where the culprits were convicted in feb
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12369894 with the heroin smuggling headline http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/68536,news-comment,news-politics,british-soldiers-smuggle-heroin-from-afghanistan

I would say being under the influence of alcohol is just as bad if not worse when handling a loaded weapon. Just because it is accepted doesn't make it right.

I don't really like my line in this discussion as people might get the impression I am pro drugs in the forces. Which I am massively not.  I am saying it goes on, it will be going on under your nose and to think anything else is utter madness. To think a CDT, pension or career are a good enough deterrent is laughable. The largest factor is not wanting to be out of control and putting your mate's lives in jeopardy. But someone coming back off tour or being on RnR or just on normal duty wanting to have a smoke or a line on a night out is entirely different imo.

This probs reads terrible as I am multi tabling, trying to write this, watch tv and make my tea at the same time. Sigh Octupusamonts.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2011, 08:23:50 PM »

my dad was in the forces for 24 years. He has never been wrong either Wink

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2011, 08:26:17 PM »

Natural selection.

The media need to be fucking put down for this story being anywhere near the Norway attacks, China train crash, US shooting etc. What a disgrace. Fucking retarded country we live in where people care about this one person who kills themselves slowly vs myriad tragedies and awful situations.

It's just the way it is TittyBean.

Amy Winehouse is simply more of story than the Norway thing and will have more people talking hence it is at least equally as important to the media.

Even on this forum there's 2 pages for the Norway tragedy and 4 pages for Amy Winehouse.

Love it or hate it Amy Winehouse is bigger news than 90+ randoms whatever the circumstances.

That's a fucking disgrace.

It's also why I hate the general public.

Why can't everyone be more like bopkin ffs?

Meh. The general public probably aren't that keen on you either mate.

So which do you think Bopkin will have spent more time talking about? Norway or Winehouse?

Just fyi, total time = 275 seconds

Pie charts!!

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2011, 08:42:54 PM »

Can't believe you missed the rest, Boshi.

Yeah 1 out of 10 for the quiz guru, wp.

Sorry, will promise to read all your post next time.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2011, 11:20:26 PM »

Don't pity the dead, pity the living"

Professor Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, July 2011

pretty sure he was long dead by july 2011

He was talking to Hazza P in heaven mate

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2011, 11:49:16 PM »

Don't pity the dead, pity the living"

Professor Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, July 2011

pretty sure he was long dead by july 2011

He was talking to Hazza P in heaven mate

B Ho and Dumbledore ITT

incred

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2011, 01:17:40 AM »

Breaking News:-

Elton John is going to play at Amy Winehouses funeral .........

........... his song Candle Under The Spoon will be released shortly.
FTPlederer

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2011, 04:00:08 AM »

[ ] will be missed

RIP

Uncle Howie

x
Manuel

jammy

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2011, 08:01:16 PM »

Rupert Murdoch has said he is touched by some of the messages people have left on Amy's phone.

"The problem with Internet quotations is that many of them are not real."
- Abraham Lincoln
TRIP5
If you can't say someting nice, at least try to be funny...

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2011, 11:04:11 AM »

Thoroughly insightful piece by Russel Brand

http://www.russellbrand.tv/2011/07/for-amy/

TKP FOR APAT!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: