blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 02:00:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273146 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  RIP Amy Winehouse
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RIP Amy Winehouse  (Read 19630 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2011, 06:51:23 PM »

i watched an Amy Winehouse tribute act in BiBis restaurant in leeds with some mates last year. she was very good and very entertaining. i do hope she is ok.

lol

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2011, 06:53:05 PM »

wp Fielder-Civil

Rumours are suicide so possibly a bit harsh.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2011, 06:55:36 PM »

Feel for her parents, don't give 2 figs about her.

This.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Manuel

jammy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2011, 07:00:27 PM »

wp Fielder-Civil

Rumours are suicide so possibly a bit harsh.

Not sure how it's really harsh tbh, I'm sure her mental and physical decline had a lot to do with her drug abuse, and Fielder-Civil is reported to have introduced her to crack and heroin as well as 'self-harm as a way of coping with the withdrawal symptoms.'

"The problem with Internet quotations is that many of them are not real."
- Abraham Lincoln
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2011, 07:36:58 PM »

Been a couple of hours and no jokes yet? Bit slow out of the starting gate on this one is you ask me  Roll Eyes
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2011, 07:38:28 PM »

Been a couple of hours and no jokes yet? Bit slow out of the starting gate on this one is you ask me  Roll Eyes

I got tonnes but not sure they'd be appreciated on here Smiley

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2011, 07:39:50 PM »

God forbid any of your relatives/daughters fall into the wrong crowd and get hooked on something you shouldn't. Will be nice when everyone says she got she deserved.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2011, 07:42:37 PM »

Feel for her parents, don't give 2 figs about her. She was on self destruct and it was always gonna happen. Although she was talented, she was junkie and a bad role model. No time for druggies and the absolute havoc they cause within society.

This is really interesting because if it was a random junkie most would probably say good riddance, but as she's a young popstar she gets a different comments.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2011, 08:45:57 PM »

Don't care what most people would say. Personally when someone dies of drugs so young I just think it's tragic. People do stupid things when they're young and sometimes it costs them

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2011, 10:01:36 PM »

Very tragic and a waste of talent...however feel little sympathy with her track record and the warnings life had given her... Obv a tragic fool in the end... Feel for her dad especially as seemed a pretty down to earth guy who obv tried his best with her

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2011, 11:10:07 PM »

She was a wonderful singer and it's very sad to lose her.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2011, 12:27:11 AM »

I thought she was cool, great individual style and talent. Often people with ability harbour demons or fatal weakness and it's difficult to judge if one can exist without the other.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2011, 12:42:53 AM »

Feel for her parents, don't give 2 figs about her. She was on self destruct and it was always gonna happen. Although she was talented, she was junkie and a bad role model. No time for druggies and the absolute havoc they cause within society.

This is really interesting because if it was a random junkie most would probably say good riddance, but as she's a young popstar she gets a different comments.

I have to say I really don't get this point of view at all.  Firstly, as much as I loved Amy Winehouse and her music she was in a massively privileged position in terms of having access and finances to help to sort out her problems.   Very few addicts get the kind of help she could afford and their plight is much sadder imo.  Perhaps if any of you had seen people you loved completely lost to drugs then you would have a different view but the criminalisation and discrimination that drug addicts face in this country is appalling imo.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2011, 01:23:40 AM »

I have to say I really don't get this point of view at all.  Firstly, as much as I loved Amy Winehouse and her music she was in a massively privileged position in terms of having access and finances to help to sort out her problems.   Very few addicts get the kind of help she could afford and their plight is much sadder imo.  Perhaps if any of you had seen people you loved completely lost to drugs then you would have a different view but the criminalisation and discrimination that drug addicts face in this country is appalling imo.

Ah! The element of surprise
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2011, 01:27:05 AM »

I have to say I really don't get this point of view at all.  Firstly, as much as I loved Amy Winehouse and her music she was in a massively privileged position in terms of having access and finances to help to sort out her problems.   Very few addicts get the kind of help she could afford and their plight is much sadder imo.  Perhaps if any of you had seen people you loved completely lost to drugs then you would have a different view but the criminalisation and discrimination that drug addicts face in this country is appalling imo.

Maybe I should CHOOSE to take drugs then and hope my family pick me up afterwards? But that would be pretty selfish of me wouldn't it?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: