blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 01:24:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272881 Posts in 66758 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  KK in live £1/2 3bet 3way pot, how's my line/wwyd?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: KK in live £1/2 3bet 3way pot, how's my line/wwyd?  (Read 1143 times)
Pinchop73

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2011, 06:04:45 PM »

Played this hand recently on a £1/2 table.

My image: I've been pretty aggressive pre flop and have a nice LAG image built up at the table. I also have many hours experience playing both villains in this hand.

Villain 1 in the hand is an old agro donk. Have played with him at another venue months ago, he was drunk then and making x50 raises pre etc. But, he defo isn't drunk right now. Raises pre with atc, calls 3bets with the same. But, post flop, is normally very passive. Slow plays a lot, a serial flop floater, and is pretty stationy with draws. Once numbers get decent he's very shy to bet unless he hits hard.

Villain 2 is an old supernit. Has never raise pre with anything less than top 4%. Folds to 3bet% very high for this guy. Does flat raises pre flop pretty wide, but he only flats 3bets with very strong holdings. Never seen him 3/4bet EVER, seen him flat AA/KK many times. The main thing with this guy is that he is the epitome of passive post flop. Normally check/calls all the way to showdown, he's much happier when someone else decides the bet size. When he does bet (ie when he's huuuuge) his bet sizing is always lol bad, I mean LOL! Very rarely plays more than 1 hand per hour etc.

The hand...

Villain 1 opens to £7 from the mp2. (playing £350ish)

Villain 2 calls. (bout £430)

Hero wakes up with on the button. 3bets to £29. (playing £230)

Folds to Villain 1 calls, villain 2 calls.

Flop (pot £90)   three diamonds

Villain 1 checks.

Villain 2 bets one £25 chip.

Hero calls. Villain 1 calls.

Turn (pot £165)  

Villain 1 checks.

Villain 2 bets £30.

Hero calls. Villain 1 calls.

River (pot £255)  

Villain 1 checks, villain 2 checks.

Hero Huh?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 06:43:29 PM by Pinchop73 » Logged

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 06:21:45 PM »

Superwet board on the river, everything got there draw wise.
Raise flop IMO
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 07:02:17 PM »

Raise flop IMO

This.

Betting like £50 the way the hand has played out. Lots of hands that call flop will have 2pr by the river and £1/2 players can't fold these. They'll show up with QJ/TJ hands that were scared of the hearts too, but i think you can still bet your hand for value and expect to get called by worse a lot of the time considering the price and the standard of player.
Patonius2000

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 07:57:55 PM »

Given the description of villain 2, I play it same and check back the river.
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 08:46:50 PM »

Raise flop IMO

This.

Betting like £50 the way the hand has played out. Lots of hands that call flop will have 2pr by the river and £1/2 players can't fold these. They'll show up with QJ/TJ hands that were scared of the hearts too, but i think you can still bet your hand for value and expect to get called by worse a lot of the time considering the price and the standard of player.

I dont think we're ever getting called by worse than a straight in this spot. Would rather save 50 quid than be check called by a the combos you mentioned who are scared of hearts. 50 into 255 would be a pretty risky and pointless bet on this wet board. But then again I might well be a nit.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 08:48:02 PM »

Why would we raise the flop vs described villain, it achieves nothing ?
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 09:44:30 PM »

For value?

Villain 1 - Once numbers get decent he's very shy to bet unless he hits hard.
Villain 2 - Only flats 3bets with v.strong holdings.

So we've 3bet pre, Villain 1 does as expected on flop, Villain 2 who only plays 4% of hands donks into Hero and we have the 2nd best hand in Poker in position, I'd raise the flop on that information.

What would you do Monda?

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 10:54:34 PM »

For value?

Villain 1 - Once numbers get decent he's very shy to bet unless he hits hard.
Villain 2 - Only flats 3bets with v.strong holdings.

So we've 3bet pre, Villain 1 does as expected on flop, Villain 2 who only plays 4% of hands donks into Hero and we have the 2nd best hand in Poker in position, I'd raise the flop on that information.

What would you do Monda?

Well we don't have the 2nd nuts.

I agree with Patonius, based on the description of Villain 2, we know he's super passive post flop so what do you think his donking range is here, what are you expecting to get value from, I can't see any of his donking range that we could look to get value from ? I'm not even sure what he could have that we are ahead of but never folding, he doesn't have JJ here, or AQ by the sounds of it. I debated whether we could get some thin value on the river from Villain 2 if he had a set depending on villain 1's tendancies to donk rivers when he binks as I don't think villain 2 ever has a straight or flush but think it would be too thin.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 03:00:37 AM »

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 12:03:20 PM »

would agree with this 100% however the only thing that makes me wanna raise at some point is the bet sizing, not sure if this is true of this guy but my experience of this type of player is that bet size is directly correlated to hand stregnth and as tight as they play on the rare occasions they get into a pot betting or calling they tend to cling on pretty hard. I'd just be so sure he had AQs because id feel he would c/r or bet more OTT with QQ

Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 03:56:19 PM »

Great guys, cheers for the analysis.

I obv went over this hand myself afterwards but really wanted some other opinions so thanks. Smiley

I did indeed decide to check behind, the board is just way to wet for me to think I'm ahead.

Villain 1 showed down  .
Villain 2 showed  .

On it again Dave. Smiley

I obviously wish I had raised the flop now, but the only time I'd ever seen him lead out weak previously was when he'd gone to showdown with the goods, so decided against it. Another bit of experience.

The thing I took the most out of this hand was the need to adjust correctly. As I said villain 2 only ever opens/raises with top holdings like JJ+, but he does coldcall raises much wider, yet his 3bet calling range is normally pretty tight.

But with my image, I guess he widens his 3calling range, so I need to adjust accordingly.

Many thanks all

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: