blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:49:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273128 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Tottenham riots
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tottenham riots  (Read 55691 times)
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 09, 2011, 07:05:41 AM »

I am truly horrified by this...........

why the fuck the army haven't been brought in to restore order ill never know.

wtf i mean let's not namby pamby around anymore get the fukka sorted... or are they gonna let this spread all around the UK first.

This country is a joke ...someone will protect there business or home and end up getting 15 years for manslaughter....

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 09, 2011, 07:24:49 AM »

IMHO A simple clear message via twitter/facebook/blackberry etc......needs to go out today that anyone found looting/criminal damage/arson, will receive a minimum X years in jail/youth custody.
London has to be flooded tonight with Police draughted in from the UK.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 09, 2011, 07:37:38 AM »

We may have seen the worst of it now and it may just be a once in a lifetime bit of opportunism from these scum, but if they continue to get lary It really will be tough to deal with. So I'm reserving comment further until I see what happens in the next 2 days. As for bringing the army in, it only really got worthy of using them by say 8pm last night, would have been tough to mobilise that quickly no? I'm no expert I could be way off. Also could have it been anticipated that this mayham would spread so quickly and be so destructive?

And what was it with the arson? Loot a place, sure, ure a thief, but burning it aswell, or just burning things for fun is just sick as you can't really put any logic to that.
leethefish

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 09, 2011, 07:53:23 AM »

IMHO A simple clear message via twitter/facebook/blackberry etc......needs to go out today that anyone found looting/criminal damage/arson, will receive a minimum X years in jail/youth custody.
London has to be flooded tonight with Police draughted in from the UK.

in theory yes but then what happens in other city's where there is no police cos they all in London?

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
leethefish

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 09, 2011, 07:58:04 AM »

We may have seen the worst of it now and it may just be a once in a lifetime bit of opportunism from these scum, but if they continue to get lary It really will be tough to deal with. So I'm reserving comment further until I see what happens in the next 2 days. As for bringing the army in, it only really got worthy of using them by say 8pm last night, would have been tough to mobilise that quickly no? I'm no expert I could be way off. Also could have it been anticipated that this mayham would spread so quickly and be so destructive?

And what was it with the arson? Loot a place, sure, ure a thief, but burning it aswell, or just burning things for fun is just sick as you can't really put any logic to that.
there are battalions in the country(or used to be)..on standby 24 hours notice...
so after first night i would of mobilised them immediately ...however this country would rather send them elsewhere to fight other peoples battles and leave our problems to sort themselves out...they obviously don't want public to see a soldier on the streets protecting there own country do they?

www.ageuk.org.uk/

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: August 09, 2011, 08:07:36 AM »

there are battalions in the country(or used to be)..on standby 24 hours notice...
so after first night i would of mobilised them immediately ...however this country would rather send them elsewhere to fight other peoples battles and leave our problems to sort themselves out...they obviously don't want public to see a soldier on the streets protecting there own country do they?

Yeah, that's not really the way it works mate.

You can't mobilise the army immediately/within a couple of hours and deal with a situation like this effectively.

Riot police are BY FAR the better trained for this sort of job. I don't know if you've ever stood across a fully geared up riot officer who has been told to "go out and get this shit under control" but they are scary.
The police have to be very careful not to escalate the situation even further though by going in too heavy handed. Over the past 2 nights any disproportional response would have been met with more riots, you can be sure of that.

(Remember, they are still in a bit of a pickle over that newspaper seller who was pushed to the ground and died)
Public opinion is changing very rapidly now though and the violence and looting is escalating to other cities and other areas in London so I would expect a much more forceful response tonight if the riots continue (and there is no reason to believe they won't)

I would be surprised however if in the next few nights there won't be some military on the streets in certain areas unless a crack-down starts to work tonight and tomorrow night.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: August 09, 2011, 08:20:16 AM »

think it happened in paris and major french towns a few years back but all is forgotten now

Really?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 09, 2011, 08:22:57 AM »

You can't mobilise the army immediately/within a couple of hours and deal with a situation like this effectively.

Riot police are BY FAR the better trained for this sort of job. I don't know if you've ever stood across a fully geared up riot officer who has been told to "go out and get this shit under control" but they are scary.
The police have to be very careful not to escalate the situation even further though by going in too heavy handed. Over the past 2 nights any disproportional response would have been met with more riots, you can be sure of that.

(Remember, they are still in a bit of a pickle over that newspaper seller who was pushed to the ground and died)
Public opinion is changing very rapidly now though and the violence and looting is escalating to other cities and other areas in London so I would expect a much more forceful response tonight if the riots continue (and there is no reason to believe they won't)

I would be surprised however if in the next few nights there won't be some military on the streets in certain areas unless a crack-down starts to work tonight and tomorrow night.

And who do you think runs most of the riot training for the police?? We used to run the riot training days for the Police up at redford Barracks.

The big problem we have is that in truth, very little ongoing riot training has been done for quite a while due to purse strings having to be tightened. What you are seeing is a massive result of this. In effect you have thousands of untrained officers in a riot situation. Hence the reason they look like they are doing very little.

Bringing in the Army will certainly give you more numbers on the ground but won't afford you much more in the way of "riot trained" personnel.

Since the major withdrawal from NI there has been next to no riot training within the Army. They are too busy finishing one set of training to go to Afghan and the likes - doing there tour and then back onto the next set of training for their next deployment.

Some people really have no idea just how short we are both in Policing and military.

And yeah, politicians, keep praising the great efforts by our police forces while pinching their livelihoods from their back pockets with your cuts and pension reforms.........vwp.

Geo
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 08:25:18 AM by Geo the Sarge » Logged

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
leethefish

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 09, 2011, 08:24:53 AM »

yes i suppose i realise that deep down just want to see it sorted and not let/allowed to spread all over the country

www.ageuk.org.uk/

leethefish

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 09, 2011, 08:27:48 AM »

And who do you think runs most of the riot training for the police?? We used to run the riot training days for the Police up at redford Barracks.

The big problem we have is that in truth, very little ongoing riot training has been done for quite a while due to purse strings having to be tightened. What you are seeing is a massive result of this. In effect you have thousands of untrained officers in a riot situation. Hence the reason they look like they are doing very little.

Bringing in the Army will certainly give you more numbers on the ground but won't afford you much more in the way of "riot trained" personnel.

Since the major withdrawal from NI there has been next to no riot training within the Army. They are too busy finishing one set of training to go to Afghan and the likes - doing there tour and then back onto the next set of training for their next deployment.

Some people really have no idea just how short we are both in Policing and military.

And yeah, politicians, keep praising the great efforts by our police forces while pinching their livelihoods from their back pockets with your cuts and pension reforms.........vwp.

Geo
could not agree more geo...

i think my point.. although sometimes find it hard to put into words is THE COUNTRY IS FUCKED do something about it.

www.ageuk.org.uk/

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: August 09, 2011, 08:28:34 AM »

Completely agree mate.

Hope they come up with some sort of plan today....and that the England match will go ahead. The one freebie I get FFS and the game might be binned!

Also had Holland to win @ 2-1 and won't be happy if it gets binned now

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 09, 2011, 09:40:06 AM »

wtf is going on. country has gone barmy.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 09, 2011, 09:40:54 AM »

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=207192798388318292131.0004aa01af6748773e8f7&msa=0&ie=UTF8&ll=51.536086%2C-0.056305&spn=0.39294%2C0.630341&z=10&source=embed

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 09, 2011, 09:44:36 AM »

lol at the Nottingham updates on that link, Can't spell the area where there was trouble and a dozen cars vandalised becomes 40 cars set alight.

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: August 09, 2011, 09:50:26 AM »

the game is off...FML in a massive way

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: