blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:19:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273128 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Tottenham riots
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tottenham riots  (Read 55670 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: August 09, 2011, 03:40:56 PM »

She is in touch with reality and has more clue than most politicians

lets not forget there is always a  catalyst to these people rioting and that always starts with police brutality. same today as the 80's and the Rodney King riots in the states

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: August 09, 2011, 03:47:45 PM »

http://www.thedrum.co.uk/news/2011/08/09/24636-strathclyde-police-arrests-16-year-old-over-glasgow-facebook-riot-page/

Sigh.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: August 09, 2011, 03:50:53 PM »

Saw one for Wigan as well.  I can imagine there are loads of these.  Idiots.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 09, 2011, 03:52:48 PM »

lets not forget there is always a  catalyst to these people rioting and that always starts with police brutality. same today as the 80's and the Rodney King riots in the states

+1, they're almost exactly the same situation. Except in one the police used excessive force, continually battering a guy (albeit a guy who was resisting arrest somewhat). And in the other a guy was in a car shooting at police and got dead when fire was returned. Some scummy met cop took a bullet in his radio instead of in the heart like a real man.

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me i didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
J Lennon
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 09, 2011, 03:57:25 PM »

Wasn't it a police bullet he took in his radio though? Or has that changed again now?

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 09, 2011, 03:58:31 PM »

think that's abso bollocks mate. Probably did start with the shooting in Tottenham, but the rest are just copycats with no justified reason at all. There is a term being banded around at the minute called 'Recreational Looting' and i think that explains it. They are just doing it simply because they want to.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: August 09, 2011, 04:02:16 PM »

Jason, these riots have absolutely zero to do with that guy getting shot, or police brutality.

They're about a generation of teenagers who have no future who just had the most exciting night of their drab, dull lives.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 09, 2011, 04:02:26 PM »

think that's abso bollocks mate. Probably did start with the shooting in Tottenham, but the rest are just copycats with no justified reason at all. There is a term being banded around at the minute called 'Recreational Looting' and i think that explains it. They are just doing it simply because they want to.

yeah this - it may have started with a bit of police brutality (a drug dealer with a gun getting shot)

But if it was just that then it would have only been the first nights troubles.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: August 09, 2011, 04:11:53 PM »

Did a search on Twitter for Hammersmith to see what was being said about potential trouble. Quite a few tweets saying things like 'OMG - all kicking off, shops all shut, looting started', then plenty of people saying 'WTF - I'm there and nothing is happening'.

Plenty of drama queens about.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 09, 2011, 04:21:36 PM »

A thing that puzzles me is when people outside in the street and a riot starts, the first thing they feel the need to do is go on twitter to say "omg, riots".  This would be the last thing on my mind I expect.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 09, 2011, 04:23:48 PM »

just received a notification from police that they gna be attacking outside my house 2night
[17:15:54] ZeMammoth: gna be an interesting night
[17:16:59] twinn: they have too much work with notification so they can protect your house?
[17:18:25] ZeMammoth: no
[17:18:36] ZeMammoth: there are gna be like 2k chavs around here
[17:18:40] ZeMammoth: and like 20 police officers
[17:19:06] ZeMammoth: this is not gna be good

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 09, 2011, 04:40:21 PM »

Wasn't it a police bullet he took in his radio though? Or has that changed again now?

Yep was a police bullet.  Seems he didn't fire at all.  Obviously that doesn't mean any of this is justified and to be honest I think linking the rioting to this incident is pretty counter productive at this point.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: August 09, 2011, 04:47:37 PM »

Yep was a police bullet.  Seems he didn't fire at all. 

He did apparently have a gun though.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: August 09, 2011, 04:51:09 PM »

These guys must have been really annoyed that all the laptops had gone by the time they'd got there.

RioRodent

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 09, 2011, 04:51:23 PM »

If the Army were to be used, I'd like to see something in the order of:

Saturate the area and herd them all into one area - contain/kettle, call it what you like.

Once contained, ship into a fleet of trucks and taken to some disused Army camp or similar, then processed over a few days.

Mugshots/Fingerprints/DNA/Personal details taken. When run through the various datbases at a later time would probably identify culprits for various crimes not even linked to the current situation.

Using any photographic/CCTV evidence where possible to identify any currently held, charge and transport to prison to be remanded before appearing at court. Most importantly, ensure the sentencing reflects that we will no longer tolerate this sort of crap.

Will it happen, probably not because immediate costs would be huge. Guaranteed the costs for going about it without the above process will be just as large, if not more.

Yes, there maybe some unfortunates amongst them, however for a few days hardship gotta be worth the sacrifice, after all think of the years of hardship that has been inflicted on so many innocents so far due to loss of businesses/homes due to these morons.

Geo

So long as it was somewhere with no access to journalists, CCTV, mobile phones (cameras) & sandal wearing liberals etc... they could be 'processed' properly!  

£10 to £10k Challenge

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: