blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:30:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273126 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Tottenham riots
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tottenham riots  (Read 55633 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: August 09, 2011, 04:56:33 PM »

Just drove through St Ann's in Nottingham, Saw two shops that obv had their doors kicked in yesterday. There was also a fairly menacing looking group of about 20 guys just loitering around a couple of hundred yards up from the health centre.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 09, 2011, 05:07:54 PM »

Oops I came across a bit wrong for a change. These kids don't just wake up and go "let's go fecking mental".  They don't need much of an excuse to go rampaging through the street and the police continually provide them with a reason. The police and politicians are completely out of touch with the younger generation. It's not just the poorly educated ones either. The uni riots started out as a peaceful protest and I thought that all kicked off with the police killing an innocent by stander. I agree with the woman in the video as she makes more sense than anyone. Protest for a reason that's worth fighting for not because you want some trainers

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 09, 2011, 05:10:14 PM »

Just drove through St Ann's in Nottingham, Saw two shops that obv had their doors kicked in yesterday. There was also a fairly menacing looking group of about 20 guys just loitering around a couple of hundred yards up from the health centre.

Business as usual then.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: August 09, 2011, 05:17:27 PM »

Business as usual then.

Sounds pretty standard.  I bet the yobs in the Meadows will want to show that they can outdo those from St Ann's.

Also, Forest v County match tonight.  Not sure that's the best idea in the world.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 09, 2011, 05:18:12 PM »

some rioting in salford, kids with bats heading for the shops, choppers etc.

manc police as a rule don't take no shit, we'll see.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: August 09, 2011, 05:22:54 PM »

Oops I came across a bit wrong for a change. These kids don't just wake up and go "let's go fecking mental".  They don't need much of an excuse to go rampaging through the street and the police continually provide them with a reason. The police and politicians are completely out of touch with the younger generation. It's not just the poorly educated ones either. The uni riots started out as a peaceful protest and I thought that all kicked off with the police killing an innocent by stander. I agree with the woman in the video as she makes more sense than anyone. Protest for a reason that's worth fighting for not because you want some trainers

what if they're really nice trainers?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 09, 2011, 05:25:23 PM »

Yeah but problem is that GMP has shipped half of its finest to london to help there.

Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 09, 2011, 05:30:17 PM »

Riots in West Brom/Birmingham area currently. Cars were set alight just a few minutes ago.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 09, 2011, 05:32:19 PM »

Business as usual then.

Sounds pretty standard.  I bet the yobs in the Meadows will want to show that they can outdo those from St Ann's.
Also, Forest v County match tonight.  Not sure that's the best idea in the world.

Dunno about that, I drive through there most days and I've never seen a big gang like that hanging around.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 09, 2011, 05:34:29 PM »

Yeah but problem is that GMP has shipped half of its finest to london to help there.

Manchester Police have their own twitter @gmpolice, people were tweeting them earlier today saying it is kicking off. They replied

Reports of 'stand off' between gangs and police in Salford exaggerated. 20 or so youths dispersed by police - one brick thrown, no injuries

18 minutes ago
»

No this is another rumour - all quiet in city centre at present, no evacuations

29 minutes ago

My mate is in Wythenshaw and he assures me it has already kicked off there.

So i hate to think what 'a small portion' by their definition is...

The officers being sent to London represent only a small portion of those within GMP
5 hours ago

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 09, 2011, 05:48:03 PM »

Police knocked at the door to advise we put the shutters down but i don't have any. So far really quiet but it's apparently kicking off in the eastern district of Northampton and they are expecting them to come into town this way.

Milton Keynes Debenhams was also apparently looted this afternoon.

I say we wait until tomorrow then go and burgle the looters while they are sleeping - easy haul imo.

So far very very quiet, reports of gangs in Wellingborough refuted by the police, they are saying that it's all being escalated by facebook and absolutely nothing happening locally at all.

I actually want my garage to come down so sort of hoping someone sets light to it. ;-)

« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 06:03:57 PM by Dingdell » Logged
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 09, 2011, 05:52:18 PM »

If Swagger Fucking Jagger can get to number 1 there is no reason why this cant:

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 09, 2011, 05:52:29 PM »

vigilantes ftw! (sp)

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 09, 2011, 06:20:34 PM »

pretty much constant noise of police sirens outside here last 15 minutes or so.  more reassuring than the shouting and hollering of groups of vandals I suppose.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
amcgrath1uk

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 09, 2011, 06:31:55 PM »

Manchester Police have their own twitter @gmpolice, people were tweeting them earlier today saying it is kicking off. They replied

Reports of 'stand off' between gangs and police in Salford exaggerated. 20 or so youths dispersed by police - one brick thrown, no injuries

18 minutes ago
»

No this is another rumour - all quiet in city centre at present, no evacuations

29 minutes ago

My mate is in Wythenshaw and he assures me it has already kicked off there.

So i hate to think what 'a small portion' by their definition is...

The officers being sent to London represent only a small portion of those within GMP
5 hours ago

Just come through Salford. No issues that I could see, but diverting all buses away from their normal routes to main roads only.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: