blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:15:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273127 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Tottenham riots
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tottenham riots  (Read 55653 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: August 10, 2011, 04:15:19 PM »

lol @ that clip..Sky clearly knew what the guy's opinion would be. Sensationalist press by a very very poor news channel.

You like having a poke at Sky and the Daily Mail don't you?   BBC/Guardian fan by any chance?

Silly to compare the Mail with the Guardian. The Guardian is a (reasonably) serious newspaper. The Mail would be more accurately compared to The Mirror and The Guardian more realistically to The Times imo.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #391 on: August 10, 2011, 04:17:05 PM »

lol @ that clip..Sky clearly knew what the guy's opinion would be. Sensationalist press by a very very poor news channel.

You like having a poke at Sky and the Daily Mail don't you?   BBC/Guardian fan by any chance?

I love having a poke at sensationalists and racists, yes. Sky News and especially Kay Burley are ridiculously bad. (BBC News is shit as well TBH.)

The Daily Mail is for racists by racists.

Not a big fan of BBC news either TBH but it's a lot less sensationalist than Sky news is. As a whole I think that 24 hour rolling news has brought nothing to reporting and has actually just dragged reporting standards down to tabloid level.

I don't mind the Guardian too much (Obv ist's a MUCH better paper than the Daily Mail and everyone who disagrees is an idiot), just don't like the tree huggers that read it. If I still had time to read a hardcopy newspaper I would definitely more a Telegraph person.

Amazingly I'm not a lefty. I just don't like racists and I think that Britain would be a better place if more people in the UK would learn to read newspapers rather than just buy them because they have plenty pictures in them.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 10, 2011, 04:17:27 PM »

Silly to compare the Mail with the Guardian. The Guardian is a (reasonably) serious newspaper. The Mail would be more accurately compared to The Mirror and The Guardian more realistically to The Times imo.

lol snoozepapers

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 10, 2011, 04:17:48 PM »

Not so sure. I would have to see the exact stats but i am pretty sure that the amount of non working single mothers (that is discounting the non working parents living as a couple) will outweigh the single mothers with one or two jobs. Certainly in the areas reported in London. I think you are giving too much credit to the previous generation. But one thing i do agree is that there is a distinct lack of decent role models, but these have to come from people they can relate to and closer to home.

According to stats from gingerbread 56.7% of single parents work and this rises to 71% of single parents with kids over 12 which is about the same rate as for mothers that are a part of a couple.  They are significantly poorer though with an average income of about £400 for the hosuehold against £600 or so for couple families with one worker which makes sense as single mothers are less likely to be able to pursue a good career due to childcare restrictions etc.

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 10, 2011, 04:18:22 PM »

and lol modern mainstream media

its all aimed at the idiots you are talking about in this thread

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #395 on: August 10, 2011, 04:19:41 PM »

and lol modern mainstream media

its all aimed at the idiots you are talking about in this thread

I could not agree more with this statement if it came with a topless Kelly Brook.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: August 10, 2011, 04:21:35 PM »

BBC News is hamstrung by having to do things like check facts and sources properly - Sky News is far more able to report rumours and gossip as news, which always makes the BBC look as if they're being slow, which is not great for a rolling news channel.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 10, 2011, 04:25:28 PM »

Not so sure. I would have to see the exact stats but i am pretty sure that the amount of non working single mothers (that is discounting the non working parents living as a couple) will outweigh the single mothers with one or two jobs. Certainly in the areas reported in London. I think you are giving too much credit to the previous generation. But one thing i do agree is that there is a distinct lack of decent role models, but these have to come from people they can relate to and closer to home.

According to stats from gingerbread 56.7% of single parents work and this rises to 71% of single parents with kids over 12 which is about the same rate as for mothers that are a part of a couple.  They are significantly poorer though with an average income of about £400 for the hosuehold against £600 or so for couple families with one worker which makes sense as single mothers are less likely to be able to pursue a good career due to childcare restrictions etc.

Yea thats why I said certainly within the areas in London. Will have a look if i can find any specific figures for them areas and get back to you.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 10, 2011, 04:39:06 PM »

"I love having a poke at sensationalists and racists, yes. Sky News and especially Kay Burley are ridiculously bad. (BBC News is shit as well TBH.)

The Daily Mail is for racists by racists."

What an incredibly stupid thing to post.  Sky News, Kay Burley and journalists of The Daily Mail are all racists.  I see.

Perhaps you could log onto Skynews/DailyMail websites for today and give us an example of this racism?  Or perhaps a racist quote from Kay Burley?
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 10, 2011, 04:41:46 PM »

BBC News is hamstrung by having to do things like check facts and sources properly - Sky News is far more able to report rumours and gossip as news, which always makes the BBC look as if they're being slow, which is not great for a rolling news channel.

WTF?  Are you suggesting that this country's libel laws are different depending on whether it relates to Sky or BBC?
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #400 on: August 10, 2011, 04:47:11 PM »

"I love having a poke at sensationalists and racists, yes. Sky News and especially Kay Burley are ridiculously bad. (BBC News is shit as well TBH.)

The Daily Mail is for racists by racists."

What an incredibly stupid thing to post.  Sky News, Kay Burley and journalists of The Daily Mail are all racists.  I see.

Perhaps you could log onto Skynews/DailyMail websites for today and give us an example of this racism?  Or perhaps a racist quote from Kay Burley?

lol, surely you can read 1 sentence? I said, as you quoted,
The Daily Mail is for racists by racists

I called Kay Burley and Sky News sensationalist.
Surely calling Kay Burley sensationalist is not disputable?

Sigh, this is what you get when you buy newspapers because they have pictures rather than words in them.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 10, 2011, 04:48:36 PM »

Its good to hear the juges giving the fukers very harsh sentances today, one sky reporter saying they are handing down severe punishments for those caught at appearing infront of the magistrates today
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #402 on: August 10, 2011, 04:49:31 PM »

WTF?  Are you suggesting that this country's libel laws are different depending on whether it relates to Sky or BBC?

Sky is an independent organisation and not hamstrung by politicians and a board that hammers down down everytime they are considered to be giving un balanced views.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 10, 2011, 04:56:54 PM »

Boldie are you thick as cheap mince?  Perhaps you could learn some basic sentence construction before you get abusive.

Consider the following:

"I love having a poke at overrated players and cheats, yes.  Man Utd and especially Wayne Rooney are ridiculously bad."

Is Wayne Rooney overrated or a cheat from this sentence?  He is both.

Try to engage your brain before you post.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #404 on: August 10, 2011, 05:06:07 PM »

Engaging brains before posting is probably a good idea all round, lest things stray into flaming and, thus, deletions.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: