blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:35:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273126 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Tottenham riots
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tottenham riots  (Read 55641 times)
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: August 10, 2011, 07:50:37 PM »

The world's gone mad....

lol. I got to 9 seconds in just as i took a swig of beer. It was almost all over the screen!

Blue text
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #421 on: August 10, 2011, 07:50:47 PM »

sigh, obv been posted. nvm

Justiceeeeeeee
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 07:56:08 PM by toddswain » Logged
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 10, 2011, 07:54:53 PM »

Please don't be so silly.  A 1.38min clip really isnt going to tell the whole story.   How would you like them to handle it?
ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 10, 2011, 07:59:39 PM »

Please don't be so silly.  A 1.38min clip really isnt going to tell the whole story.   How would you like them to handle it?

Offer him a nice cup of tea.

You're right. From a 1.38 min clip we know absolutely nothing. Nothing at all. From the fact that they assault an individual who has just got off his bike, is offering no resistance, continue to hit him when on the ground, and then on conclusion of this make no attempt to arrest him but simply walk on, this could EASILY be someone who has just been witnessed shooting at people round the corner and a major threat to them.  
Get real.

How to handle it? Turn him round and cuff him, like they're trained to do. What is their justification for striking him? If he resists, then you can force him to the ground. This isn't Nigeria you know. People have rights.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 08:01:38 PM by ManuelsMum » Logged

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me i didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
J Lennon
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 10, 2011, 08:12:23 PM »

Please don't be so silly.  A 1.38min clip really isnt going to tell the whole story.   How would you like them to handle it?

Offer him a nice cup of tea.

You're right. From a 1.38 min clip we know absolutely nothing. Nothing at all. From the fact that they assault an individual who has just got off his bike, is offering no resistance, continue to hit him when on the ground, and then on conclusion of this make no attempt to arrest him but simply walk on, this could EASILY be someone who has just been witnessed shooting at people round the corner and a major threat to them.  
Get real.

How to handle it? Turn him round and cuff him, like they're trained to do. What is their justification for striking him? If he resists, then you can force him to the ground. This isn't Nigeria you know. People have rights.

Not saying it's defo the case, however at the end of the clip it shows a line of officers at the other end of the street from which the youths have came. Could it not be the case that prior to dashing off into the path of the second group of officers that they had been up to mischieve against the group of officers they were moving away from?

It was very obvious from the start that the first group of officers were reacting to some sort of order/incident, they certainly can't see the youths from their starting position. Always help to look at the whole picture. Whilst the clip doesn't give all the answers asked here it does show the possibilities that it wasn't just a case of officers turning the corner, seeing some youths and deciding to beat them for the hell of it.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 10, 2011, 08:19:44 PM »

If i ever loot, steal, threaten, bully, terrorise, menace, antagosie, harass, torment, torture, dispute, scrap, riot, abuse, brawl, hurl, hassle, gbh, burn or kill.  I'm sure i'll accept that my 'rights' are taken away from me.

Meh same as earlier in the thread, we're never going to see eye to eye over this.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 10, 2011, 08:22:11 PM »

Geo - I read somewhere that the chopper was following those youths.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 10, 2011, 08:24:38 PM »

Geo - I read somewhere that the chopper was following those youths.

It was very obvious from the start that the first group of officers were reacting to some sort of order/incident,

Why would that change what I wrote? Or is that supporting my "theory"

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 10, 2011, 08:32:34 PM »

If i ever loot, steal, threaten, bully, terrorise, menace, antagosie, harass, torment, torture, dispute, scrap, riot, abuse, brawl, hurl, hassle, gbh, burn or kill.  I'm sure i'll accept that my 'rights' are taken away from me.

Meh same as earlier in the thread, we're never going to see eye to eye over this.

Anyone, police/normal people, can only ever use force that is reasonable. It can't be excessive.
If you think he's got a gun, smash his arms in. If he's resisting arrest, up the pressure. He's just got off his bike, and is moving to the ground. The full story will come out, but I'd bet £50 that this is just thuggery by the riot police here, judging by the way they just walk away from him. What are they hitting him for? In the process of an arrest? wtf they then just walk away from him. And if there are 3 of you, he is on the ground, and putting his hands up to protect himself from blows, why are you then jabbing him near the head with your riot shield? (0:24).

Are these kids rioters? Probably
Are they behaving scummily? Probably
Does this mean the police can suddenly act outside the law? You seem to think so, please explain why.

The Law that applies to these situations is specific and there for a good reason. This episode will be seen as justification for more violence and will support original theories that the police are heavy handed laws-unto-themselves.

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me i didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
J Lennon
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 10, 2011, 09:08:40 PM »

amazing how people view this so differently.

I saw the kid on the bike today on Sky, and said out loud to myself, "about time too"

The Police have had everything thrown at them for 3-4 days, and have no "real" power to stop anything, so the rioters carry on with no regard for property, human life or anything.  Other louts from other areas saw this and were encouraged, think no doubt if they can we can.  so it spreads...

It has been made very clear, get off the streets and stop watching these criminals.  Why on earth would you be out on the street with this going on, unless you were intent on doing something.

Good on them I say, as 100% that kid ain't on the streets tonight - Job Done!

What if they Police ignored him, as he wasn't "doing anything" and he went around the corner and torched something...the Police would have been lamblasted for not dealing with a "youth on the rioting streets"  We saw in London that standing watching people loot didn't work.. The public were and are screaming out for more action from the Police - about time we saw it.

Human rights is great for the right reasons, not protecting muppets like this.  Fk'em, and their hiding behind Lawyers.  go in and go in hard, 100% it would quell it in one night.

You commit a crime, you lose your rights.

Extreme case - bet you don't get much if any shoplifting in places like Saudia arabia - wonder why.  We are imo to soft, and too worried about consequences by  lawyers actions.

Carpe Diem
ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 10, 2011, 09:15:50 PM »

I saw the kid on the bike today on Sky, and said out loud to myself, "about time too"

The Police have had everything thrown at them for 3-4 days, and have no "real" power to stop anything, so the rioters carry on with no regard for property, human life or anything.  Other louts from other areas saw this and were encouraged, think no doubt if they can we can.  so it spreads...

It has been made very clear, get off the streets and stop watching these criminals.  Why on earth would you be out on the street with this going on, unless you were intent on doing something.

What if they Police ignored him, as he wasn't "doing anything" and he went around the corner and torched something...the Police would have been lamblasted for not dealing with a "youth on the rioting streets"  We saw in London that standing watching people loot didn't work.. The public were and are screaming out for more action from the Police - about time we saw it.

Human rights is great for the right reasons, not protecting muppets like this.  Fk'em, and their hiding behind Lawyers.  go in and go in hard, 100% it would quell it in one night.

Extreme case - bet you don't get much if any shoplifting in places like Saudia arabia - wonder why.  We are imo to soft, and too worried about consequences by  lawyers actions.

If someone commits a crime, that permits the police to act outside the law?

J Lennon
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 10, 2011, 09:33:39 PM »

I am generally fairly liberal but if I had spent the last three or four days having bricks and petrol bombs thrown at me whilst watching a couple of my mates carted off to hospital for injuries sustained during these attacks then I came across someone i thought was one of the perpetrators I would be tempted to give them a clump and i think it would be a sad indictment on our society if these coppers face any serious disciplinary action for this.  If the guy they hit was completely innocent then he, of course, deserves an apology and a couple of quid compensation but if he is innocent I am sure he will understand why it happened too.

Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 10, 2011, 09:38:38 PM »

If someone commits a crime, that permits the police to act outside the law?

It should permit them to deal with the person(s) how they see fit at the time of the incident.   Common sense approach of course, reasonable force is fine in theses situ's  Why shouldn't they!  This was fine imo, he was dealt with in a way the i reckon 99/9% of the public agreed with.

If some-one was damaging your property, or putting you or your family lifes at risk,  wouldn't that give you the right to act how you see fit at the time.  Wouldn't you want the backing of the public and law makers in dealing with the criminal / thug that was breaking the law in the first place.

Carpe Diem
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 10, 2011, 10:10:11 PM »

If i ever loot, steal, threaten, bully, terrorise, menace, antagosie, harass, torment, torture, dispute, scrap, riot, abuse, brawl, hurl, hassle, gbh, burn or kill.  I'm sure i'll accept that my 'rights' are taken away from me.

Anyone, police/normal people, can only ever use force that is reasonable. It can't be excessive.
If you think he's got a gun, smash his arms in. If he's resisting arrest, up the pressure. He's just got off his bike, and is moving to the ground. The full story will come out, but I'd bet £50 that this is just thuggery by the riot police here, judging by the way they just walk away from him. What are they hitting him for? In the process of an arrest? wtf they then just walk away from him. And if there are 3 of you, he is on the ground, and putting his hands up to protect himself from blows, why are you then jabbing him near the head with your riot shield? (0:24).

Are these kids rioters? Probably
Are they behaving scummily? Probably
Does this mean the police can suddenly act outside the law? You seem to think so, please explain why.

The Law that applies to these situations is specific and there for a good reason. This episode will be seen as justification for more violence and will support original theories that the police are heavy handed laws-unto-themselves.

I've been banging my head against a wall for a few minutes after reading ur posts.   Ur clearly very anti-police, this isnt going to change.  So for my own sanity I'm out replying.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 10:12:28 PM by Alverton » Logged
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: August 10, 2011, 10:14:35 PM »

These looters are really taking the piss now.

Click to see full-size image.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: