blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:27:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 618838 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: November 12, 2014, 06:05:32 PM »

2 leagues of 10 based on ability sounds fun with promotion relegation between the 2 at the end of season

so i am kept away from monsters like tighty etc lol

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: November 12, 2014, 06:40:12 PM »

2 leagues of 10 based on ability sounds fun with promotion relegation between the 2 at the end of season

so i am kept away from monsters like tighty etc lol

Just have to find more people and someone to run one of the divisions...Cheesy

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: November 12, 2014, 06:48:05 PM »

back to "the league"

was any one else a little uncomfy with the recent episode with adrain out cold in the elevator?

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: November 13, 2014, 12:35:59 PM »

ok people

need a couple of deece RB..looking to move crabtree,kelce and olsen for the right deals...

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: November 13, 2014, 06:01:40 PM »

If you are around Longy I sent a trade offer over last night but took it down again today as it looks to have got more valuable. If you are interested I might still do it tho we need to do it tonight.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: November 13, 2014, 06:39:25 PM »

I have a lot of running backs that will play this week so if anyone that needs a rb wants to look at a trade let me know. Ideally I would like to split up the Sanu and Green combo with an upgrade at wr so can include Sanu and rb if it feels right.

cheers

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: November 13, 2014, 07:57:16 PM »

Curtis  and vegas venoms sent you trade offers couple days ago.. can you tell me to GTFO quicker please so i can try nip someone else Smiley

Sorry.  Only online sporadically at the moment for Fantasy NFL purposes, so keep missing trade offers and the like.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: November 13, 2014, 10:08:24 PM »

ok been listing to experts on fantasy night live so maybe alot of tripe they are expecting brees to be putting in a few 25-35 point games between now and end of season i am going to have to stick with him

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: November 14, 2014, 06:17:28 PM »

I'm assuming that agreed trade will go thru sooner than the Monday it says on the trade info?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: November 14, 2014, 07:25:21 PM »

Cameron is about to go on ir though? Surprising trade really given this risk

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: November 14, 2014, 08:00:19 PM »

Surprising in what way given I told Dean I was going to drop him if I got Kelche and one of my offers to him was Bell for Kelche. He countered with various things yesterday and he said he was happy with  for Kelche for Bell and would I throw Cameron in at about 14.30 today and I told him I would accept it when I got back to my PC instead of trying to do that on my phone. ( I sent a PM to Curtis then to ask if it would go through today as I wanted to pick up something else to fill my empty roster spot)

We had already discussed yesterday that Cameron was worth little which is why I was going to drop him so it is nothing more than Dean asking for a player he was taking a flyer on that he knew I was going to drop. And is he going on IR? Could either of us know that at 14.30 today if he is?

The coach responded to a question tonight and said it was a possibility.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: November 14, 2014, 08:24:32 PM »

Apologies, as my time on-forum has been limited recently.  I've seen the recent discussion regarding abandoned teams and the debate on the Cameron trade so it seems like a timely opportunity to dig out the existing guidance on this in the 'how I Commish' note below.

The abandoned team scenario is the worst thing to deal with, as the fairest course of action is to actually take no action in-season, and the only effective punishment is to not invite offenders back.  However, there may be a genuine reason as to why someone has left a team untouched for a while, so I'll try to understand this too (a good single-week example is if you happen to be at NFL Wembley and there's a late inactive - good luck getting a signal to make a change within the hour before kickoff!)

I don't think Phil's suggestion on a buy-in fix for this is workable though.  These leagues are particularly price-sensitive, and the buy-in has to stay relatively low to give it a chance of attracting new managers who are curious to give it a go.  However, even the hardcore players will balk at having to stump up a fee as suggested.

Dual-managers are a good option, but again only something we can use in a new season, unless someone is trying to address a potential issue up-front.  Otherwise, the fix it creates will have the same effect as if I, as Commish, started tinkering with abandoned teams.

I appreciate the input on this and debate and will always listen to suggestions to try and make these leagues run better.  It's been immensely satisfying to see how much people enjoy playing them, especially those giving it a go and getting hooked (yes, I'm looking at you Ironside!) but that doesn't mean that I'm not open to feedback.

Anyhow, here's the guidance from last season, which still stands until further notice.

Much as I hate formality in the league, there is prize money involved, so below are the general principles on my role as Commish, just for clarity and for the aid of the newbies.  The over-riding principle is to apply common sense where I can and, if in serious doubt, I'll put things to a vote if absolutely necessary.

We've had two seasons without major incident of note, and I'm confident that we'll make it 3.  However, where possible, I'd like to have things set down in advance, just in case I'm caught up in any controversy as a participant.

There are 3 main areas where I want to set out guidelines:

1) Trades
As last year, the trade veto is set to the Commish (i.e. me) having veto power, rather than a league vote as you may see in other leagues you play.  This isn't a shot a world domination, just a means to make the league run more smoothly.  If a trade gets put to the vote, it usually takes 2-3 days to be processed while the vote stays open, causing frustration if a trade takes place near game-time and doesn't happen that week (even worse if someone in the trade then gets injured before it processes and all hell breaks loose).  Having it referred to me is purely a means to speed things up when trades are agreed between teams.  Basically, if you're unhappy with a trade then get in touch ASAP and I'll review it, but we won't have an automatic 48-72hr voting period until it gets processed.

The general guideline is that I'm not going to police stupidity, hence 'bad'/uneven trades that you manage to agree are fine (and in some cases to be admired!)  I'll only intervene if I suspect there's collusion, or if someone complains and I review and uphold the complaint (the review process generally being to ask the managers to justify it from their viewpoint).  Provided there's a valid explanation from each manager as to why it benefits their team, then that should generally suffice.  Consequently, I'd be surprised if I need to take any action on any trades during the season, so I don't expect this to actually have any material impact on the trade process.

I'll obviously try to get trades processed ASAP once notified, but please be mindful of the review process, especially close to gametime, as I can't always guarantee to be available.  However, we've had no major issues to date and I intend for this to continue.

2) Abandoned Teams
Pretty much the only thing I ask of managers who join the league is that they continue to manage their teams to the end, no matter how badly they're doing.  The reason for this is that the integrity of the league depends on everyone staying involved.  This season is the first time I've been over-subscribed for the league (we've had one reserve who I couldn't accomodate this time around) so we now have the possibility of replacing managers in future seasons if they don't abide by these principles.

For clarity, all I'm talking about here is taking the 10 minutes each week to set your best available line-up and, in particular, to deal with players on bye weeks or with long-term injuries so that they're not sitting in your starting line up.  I can live with occasional lapses, but am more concerned with persistent, sustained abandonment which will likely result in someone not being invited back next year.

However, in the event that a team does become abandoned, then the treatment I will adopt is to do nothing with their team in terms of changing it's line up.  This is the fairest method available as the advantage/disadvantage to other managers is effectively random (i.e. I don't know at this point who will benefit from this, whereas any intervention at the time will have a clear outcome in terms of creating and advantage/disadvantage for someone, potentially myself).

The one exception is if someone maliciously abandons their team and dumps all the players back into the free agent pool (where the advantage of this would depend on the current waiver priority).  In this case, I will intervene to return the abandoned team to it's previous state, before then treating as an abandoned team as above.

3) Unforeseen Events/Site Errors
I'm mentioning this one as the site sometimes creates some uncertainty as to how it will deal with something (e.g. league tie-breakers, or play-off seeding).  Generally, if something of this nature arises, the principle I try to apply is to replicate how the real NFL works.  If the site appears to be doing something contrary to this, and it has an impact on the integrity of the league in my opinion (i.e. a No1 seed being given a disadvantageous play-off draw due to a miscalculation by the site) then I will intervene as necessary to correct this.  If so, I will always attempt to give notice of my intentions on the thread, so that objections can be raised in advance.

Ultimately, it's in my interests for you guys to continue to trust me to run this, otherwise it will fall apart going forward, so everything I do with this league is generally in it's best interests long-term.  I hope this is obvious at the time, but am again stating this now in case it's not.

Right, enough of the formalites.  Hope that's sufficient for everyone, but feel free to ask questions if anything is unclear.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: November 14, 2014, 09:30:09 PM »

Surprising in what way given I told Dean I was going to drop him if I got Kelche and one of my offers to him was Bell for Kelche. He countered with various things yesterday and he said he was happy with  for Kelche for Bell and would I throw Cameron in at about 14.30 today and I told him I would accept it when I got back to my PC instead of trying to do that on my phone. ( I sent a PM to Curtis then to ask if it would go through today as I wanted to pick up something else to fill my empty roster spot)

We had already discussed yesterday that Cameron was worth little which is why I was going to drop him so it is nothing more than Dean asking for a player he was taking a flyer on that he knew I was going to drop. And is he going on IR? Could either of us know that at 14.30 today if he is?

The coach responded to a question tonight and said it was a possibility.

the deal was bell for kelce..and would have been fine at that..cameron either way the deal was gonna go through.. i just took a massive flyer on Cameron making it as cover for olsen who is on a bye next week and im down the waiver so someone else may have picked him up as a hail mary pick in the same way as i did.. sums up my season that literally as the deal goes through its announced he may be gone for the season but i didnt hold out much hope of him being fit... bobby and i have being wrangling a deal for two days lol...

Bell for kelce is fine i think..im destroyed at RB and wanted moncrief in at flex as i think he may break out... either way it doesnt matter as im well out of the picture but im still ducking and diving hard just to earn respectability..the trade balances us both out better def nothing underhand

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: November 16, 2014, 09:29:24 PM »

grrrrrrrrrrr i hate brees

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: November 16, 2014, 09:52:09 PM »

But Charles?

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: