blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:15:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 618407 times)
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: August 27, 2015, 02:48:59 PM »

Sorry Curtis, I got it wrong. The email address I sent you needs to be .co.uk rather than .com oops!
ruud

View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: August 27, 2015, 02:55:03 PM »

I have registered on yahoo so now I just await instructions on how to sign up for the standard fantasy league?

Sorry, never done this before so haven't really got a clue what's going on!
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: August 27, 2015, 03:10:24 PM »

I have registered on yahoo so now I just await instructions on how to sign up for the standard fantasy league?

Hi ruud

Don't worry for now - all the recent posts relate to the Dynasty league, not the standard one which will be run on nfl.com.  Will be sorting that out in the next couple of days, so just hang fire for now.

The difference is that the standard league(s) will have an online draft and everyone starts with empty rosters.  The Dynasty league carries everything forward from last year so needs more setup by myself, which is why I'm doing it first.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: August 27, 2015, 03:18:01 PM »

In and signed up for Dynasty.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: August 27, 2015, 03:26:03 PM »

In and signed up for Dynasty.

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: August 27, 2015, 09:29:38 PM »

OK, rosters are now set up and the only manager still to accept their invitation is LINUX, so his team is still assigned to me at the moment.

Some teams had players on IR at the season's end so their rosters currently exceed the 30 player max as a result (as all IR slots are empty for the new season).  I've therefore taken a view as to who I'd expect you to drop, as outlined below so that the rosters are all valid.  Please let me know if you want to do something different and I'll amend the roster accordingly.  I've also included my team for completeness, as I was on of them.

Sheriff:
Retained From IR: Victor Cruz, Lorenzo Taliaferro
Dropped From Main Roster: Mark Sanchez, Jimmy Clausen
Dropped From IR List: Miles Austin

Sharplea:
Retained From IR: Sam Bradford, Tyler Eifert
Dropped From Main Roster: Shaun Suisham (NB: Only one drop needed as only 29 players rostered)

Tighty:
Retained From IR: Brandin Cooks, Nick Foles
Dropped From Main Roster: Niles Paul, Dwayne Harris
Dropped From IR List: Antone Smith

Tal:
Retained From IR: Montee Ball, Austin Sefarian-Jenkins, Danny Woodhead, Justin Hunter
Dropped From Main Roster: Ka'Deem Carey, Tim Wright, Joseph Fauria, Kyle Juszczyk

Sicilian:
Dropped From IR List: Dennis Pitta

The only other player I couldn't add is Jonathan Dwyer into Team Moody as he's not on the Yahoo list (he's suspended due to firearms charges, so hardly a loss), but Moody is currently one player short from the B/F list.

So all teams are now populated with their B/F players, and the first task at hand now is for you to figure out who you want to drop to accomodate newly drafted rookies when we start drafting.  For now your teams are at full capacity, so for each player you pick up you're going to have to create a space.  You don't need to actually drop anyone just yet (as you can do this when making the picks) but it's worth starting to think about.

More details on the draft to follow, but you should hopefully all now be able to see your team rosters (all players will be on the bench initially).  Please note that all teams are currently locked from adding or dropping players for the time being, as the normal free agency player pool won't be operational until we've done the draft.

Also, for info, here is the draft order so you can start your prep:

1.01 Tal
1.02 Tighty
1.03 Sicilian
1.04 ForthThistle
1.05 Horneris
1.06 LINUX
1.07 sharplea
1.08 Sheriff
1.09 bobby1
1.10 ChipRich / LeKnave

If anyone is puzzled by this, the first 6 picks are determined by the order of the Consol finish last season as per this note from last year (basically, this was to encourage teams in the Consol to stay competitive in the play-offs), so Tal gets 1st pick for winning the consol then in order of finish down to LINUX who lost the 9th place playoff.  Main play-off teams then fill the last 4 slots in reverse order so our defending champs ChipRich and LeKnave get pick 10.
Link regarding this is here for info: http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=54617.msg1971330#msg1971330 (point 4).

I don't think there were any draft pick trades made at all last year, so the same order exists for all subsequent rounds.  In reality, I doubt people will make more than 5 rounds of picks as it gets increasingly difficult to find players to drop.  However, you're free to negotiate and agree trades from this point forward including draft picks.  Please just let me know if anything involves 2015 picks, as I'll have to keep a log of this offline until we're done drafting.  Within the site, you should see draft picks as tradeable commodities when making trades.  Please note that these are NEXT YEAR'S PICKS.  If you want to propose an offer including any of this years picks then you need to do so in the comments field when making the offer (e.g. "plus I get 2015 2.06").  If trading next year's picks, Yahoo has to have an equal number of picks in the trade offer, so just include the highest round available (e.g. 30th round pick) to achieve this.

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: August 27, 2015, 09:41:52 PM »

how many rounds in the dynasty draft please?

can you pass picks after a certain point so as not to have to drop a player?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: August 27, 2015, 09:43:40 PM »

how many rounds in the dynasty draft please?

can you pass picks after a certain point so as not to have to drop a player?

Unlimited rounds until every player has passed (you can't skip a round so once you pass, you're done).  This league is very similar to another I play and, as per my note, I doubt it will get beyond 5 rounds.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: August 27, 2015, 10:16:31 PM »

So is this now live? I have 2 days to make my decision?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: August 27, 2015, 10:32:06 PM »

Not quite - I'll be posting full rules for the draft but the plan is I'll unlock things tomorrow evening, so that everyone has 24hrs to check rosters, and I can set up a couple of things on the site still o/s.  This gives a bit of time for people to try and trade ahead of the draft (including for picks).

Once we're underway, each player will get 24hrs to make their pick in turn via add/drop on the site (in reality, most are done much quicker than this so its not as onerous as it sounds).  We go down the list in order until every manager has stated they're done drafting.  This allows a bit of thinking time (compared to the 1minute timer in redraft leagues) and a chance to make trades during the draft.

So get ready to make your pick sometime tomorrow evening, or try to trade it away by then if you prefer!

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: August 27, 2015, 10:38:29 PM »

Not quite - I'll be posting full rules for the draft but the plan is I'll unlock things tomorrow evening, so that everyone has 24hrs to check rosters, and I can set up a couple of things on the site still o/s.  This gives a bit of time for people to try and trade ahead of the draft (including for picks).

Once we're underway, each player will get 24hrs to make their pick in turn via add/drop on the site (in reality, most are done much quicker than this so its not as onerous as it sounds).  We go down the list in order until every manager has stated they're done drafting.  This allows a bit of thinking time (compared to the 1minute timer in redraft leagues) and a chance to make trades during the draft.

So get ready to make your pick sometime tomorrow evening, or try to trade it away by then if you prefer!

Right ho. I have cancelled my evening plans tomorrow accordingly.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: August 27, 2015, 10:50:52 PM »

To be fair you do get the 24hr window, but would hope you might not need all of it!

And admit it, your plans were to research NFL players anyway Smiley

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: August 27, 2015, 11:06:38 PM »

To be fair you do get the 24hr window, but would hope you might not need all of it!

And admit it, your plans were to research NFL players anyway Smiley

Tomorrow night is better for me than Saturday anyway, so all good.

I hardly need an excuse to do something geeky.

ruud

View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: August 28, 2015, 02:14:51 AM »

Hi ruud

Don't worry for now - all the recent posts relate to the Dynasty league, not the standard one which will be run on nfl.com.  Will be sorting that out in the next couple of days, so just hang fire for now.

The difference is that the standard league(s) will have an online draft and everyone starts with empty rosters.  The Dynasty league carries everything forward from last year so needs more setup by myself, which is why I'm doing it first.

Righto

Really hope someone is gonna write a little dummies guide for us newbies. I am scared of making a complete tot of myself in this!!!  And I actually like NFL!!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: August 28, 2015, 07:28:04 AM »

The Arkansas Gravediggers will consider any trade offers for the number one pick. Whilst a source close to the franchise confirmed they are happy to use it, senior staff are said to be open to fair offers. "They can all see our roster; we have future options but 2015 could be a tough year"

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: