blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:53:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272576 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Rugby World Cup
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rugby World Cup  (Read 34170 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: October 23, 2011, 11:08:52 AM »

As terrible as France have been they are underrated here, they won´t get hammered, NZ will keep it quite tight imo and I quite like how France match up in the tight, they are seriously hard, committed and experienced up front.

My only bet so far is under 40.5 points. I will be looking to get on France IR if they get circa 10 points behind in the first half, I don´t see NZ even trying to win by more than 2 scores. I was especially encouraged for this bet by how conservative they wanted to be against Australia once they were clear.

I´m starting to feel sorry for the people who make these points lines. Ship the +16 as well.

Nobody should be in any doubt that France were robbed there. I´ll watch the game again to make a full list but just the failure to penalise 5 blatant high tackles would have been more than enough for France to win. Dallaglio was pretty clear that he thought Joubert was biased but he can only go so far in commentary.

McCaw must be cited as well for the knee on Parra (it may have been accdental but the citing commissioner should obviously look at it.) The NZ penalties at the scrum were really difficult to understand, France were entirely dominant throughout at the scrum.

Reasonably happy for NZ, they are the best team in the world and they seem like genuinely decent guys, they got away with murder today though.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 23, 2011, 11:15:16 AM »

As terrible as France have been they are underrated here, they won´t get hammered, NZ will keep it quite tight imo and I quite like how France match up in the tight, they are seriously hard, committed and experienced up front.

My only bet so far is under 40.5 points. I will be looking to get on France IR if they get circa 10 points behind in the first half, I don´t see NZ even trying to win by more than 2 scores. I was especially encouraged for this bet by how conservative they wanted to be against Australia once they were clear.

I´m starting to feel sorry for the people who make these points lines. Ship the +16 as well.

Nobody should be in any doubt that France were robbed there. I´ll watch the game again to make a full list but just the failure to penalise 5 blatant high tackles would have been more than enough for France to win. Dallaglio was pretty clear that he thought Joubert was biased but he can only go so far in commentary.

McCaw must be cited as well for the knee on Parra (it may have been accdental but the citing commissioner should obviously look at it.) The NZ penalties at the scrum were really difficult to understand, France were entirely dominant throughout at the scrum.

Reasonably happy for NZ, they are the best team in the world and they seem like genuinely decent guys, they got away with murder today though.

Sick rub  Cheesy

I can't believe how happy I am for NZ to win and for me to lose tbh  Grin
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 23, 2011, 11:43:30 AM »

Great help during the tourny Kukushkin. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 23, 2011, 11:55:42 AM »

Thought the line was pretty good. Set at 15 and most bookies moved it a point or two. I think they'll be pretty happy with their performance.
Weepu kicks like he did in the quarters and it's 11-0 possibly more at half time and the line looks in danger.
They just kept France in the game too long.
Did enough and that's what World Cups are about. I think they saved a poor World Cup.

I was talking about the total points. The unders have come in (mostly by a long way) in every game between the top twelve rugby nations, the only 2 exceptions are the 3rd 4th place play off and that was a bit of a freak result with what happened at the end (I didn´t see the game) and the first meeting between NZ and France when France barely turned up for the first hour. Obviously they might have done fine out of the total points market (I doubt it given how much they started delaying even forming the market towards the end of the tournament) but I think it´s clear there was plenty of money to be made on the unders throughout.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 23, 2011, 12:00:16 PM »

Yeh sorry realised that and deleted my post.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 11, 2011, 09:24:14 PM »

Can't help think think this is pretty harsh, what do others think?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/alastaireykyn/2011/11/tindall_pays_for_world_cup_mis.html
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 11, 2011, 09:35:10 PM »

Yeh kicking a man on his way out. The other 2 that got fined got a £5k suspended fine I think. That's probably plenty.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 11, 2011, 09:51:43 PM »

I'd suspect he was being ditched anyway so they're trying to make it look as though they're coming down hard to keep others in line. would be amazed if they'd done it if he was in their future plans

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 12, 2011, 02:55:48 AM »

I'd suspect he was being ditched anyway so they're trying to make it look as though they're coming down hard to keep others in line. would be amazed if they'd done it if he was in their future plans

Just seems like a really shabby way to treat a guy that's been a good player for the most part over many years.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 12, 2011, 07:31:10 AM »

Agreed but I'm sure he'll get over it when he's sat in his palace wearing his big golden crown

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 13, 2011, 12:07:12 AM »

I'd suspect he was being ditched anyway so they're trying to make it look as though they're coming down hard to keep others in line. would be amazed if they'd done it if he was in their future plans England had won the thing.

If his actions warranted this bad a punishment they warranted being sent home at the time - ERFU don't look strong from this  - they just look petty.

(And the bastards have me feeling sorry & indignant for an England Captain & an F'in Royal .... so sick!!!)

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 16, 2011, 08:54:06 PM »

Looks like England RU have approached Shaun Edwards to take over at the helm for England. I'm obviously biased as I think he was one of the best rugby players I've ever seen play, but I think he's exactly what England needs and his record as a coach in RU is very impressive.

Discuss.

A tremendously impressive man, player and coach. Easily the best candidate for the job. Would be gutted for Wales to lose him but he is absolutely what England need to get them back on track.
Edwards signed a new deal earlier this week and now Johnson has gone.
Any guesses who the new man will be?
Jake White at 33's and Dean Ryan at 50's looked interesting to me. Mallinder probably a worth favourite.
Sir Clive's 100/1. Big price for somebody who if he wants it then it's his?
DUNK619

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 16, 2011, 09:14:43 PM »

Just seems like a really shabby way to treat a guy that's been a good player for the most part over many years.
other than tackling what was it he was good at ?
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 16, 2011, 09:18:32 PM »

Cba even getting into a discussion about it, but I thought he was reasonably decent for us and a safe pair of hands.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:23:26 PM by Woodsey » Logged
DUNK619

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 16, 2011, 09:30:42 PM »

Cba even getting into a discussion about it, but I thought he was reasonably decent for us and a safe pair of hands.
fair enuff will just have to disagree on this one
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: