blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:43:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273070 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Rugby World Cup
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rugby World Cup  (Read 34798 times)
BrumBilly

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2011, 08:06:58 PM »

In the Italy match I've got Gonzalo Canale to score at anytime @ 6/4.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2011, 08:46:07 PM »

Slightly confused tbh, was just looking at this.

'Here is the cold maths. Should Scotland defeat England in Auckland on Saturday and deprive the Auld Enemy of any bonus point – ie they have to win by 8 or more points and prevent England from scoring four tries – they could still qualify for the knockout stages. If they score four tries themselves thus earning a bonus point in victory that would do the job'

Does points difference not come into play?
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 26, 2011, 08:56:25 PM »

4 points for a win isn't it? So if they win and we don't get a bonus point for being within 7 then we are level and it would go on points difference. It's not likely that they can catch up on points but if they get a bonus point for 4 tries they would move one ahead of us.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 26, 2011, 09:14:02 PM »

4 points for a win isn't it? So if they win and we don't get a bonus point for being within 7 then we are level and it would go on points difference. It's not likely that they can catch up on points but if they get a bonus point for 4 tries they would move one ahead of us.

So its 4 points for a win right? Say they beat us by 10 say and get 4 points (no extra bonus points), were still miles ahead on points difference so we would still go through right?

Team   P   W   D   L   PF   PA   TF   TA   BP   PTS
England   3   3   0   0   121   22   17   1   2   14
Argentina   3   2   0   1   65   33   7   2   2   10
Scotland   3   2   0   1   61   43   4   3   2   10
Georgia   2   0   0   2   16   56   1   6   0   0
Romania   3   0   0   3   35   144   3   20   0   0
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: September 26, 2011, 09:24:38 PM »

From RWC site:

If at the completion of the pool phase two or more teams are level on match points, then the following criteria shall be used in the following order until one of the Teams can be determined as the higher ranked:

1. The winner of the match in which the two tied teams have played each other shall be the higher ranked;

Wouldn't fret Woodsey Scotland are terrible, team full of guys with very little natural rugby ability, can't see them getting within 20 points of England. (obv if they do win I will be all over this thread  Cheesy )
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 26, 2011, 09:25:24 PM »

Yes. Realistically they need to beat us by 8 or more AND score 4 tries.
We would top the group with a losing bonus point unless Argies win by 60 against Georgia I think.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 26, 2011, 09:26:13 PM »

From RWC site:

If at the completion of the pool phase two or more teams are level on match points, then the following criteria shall be used in the following order until one of the Teams can be determined as the higher ranked:

1. The winner of the match in which the two tied teams have played each other shall be the higher ranked;

Wouldn't fret Woodsey Scotland are terrible, team full of guys with very little natural rugby ability, can't see them getting within 20 points of England. (obv if they do win I will be all over this thread  Cheesy )

Fook, I hope you don't have a blinder  Lips Sealed
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: September 26, 2011, 09:49:17 PM »

We would top the group with a losing bonus point unless Argies win by 60 against Georgia I think.

No winning by 8 points is enough as we would have same points as you, assuming Argentina take the 5 points from Georgia. We would then go through as we beat you.

Just realised I will be in Nottingham this weekend could be epic if we could actually pull out a performance.  Roll Eyes
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 26, 2011, 10:05:05 PM »

No winning by 8 points is enough as we would have same points as you, assuming Argentina take the 5 points from Georgia. We would then go through as we beat you.

Just realised I will be in Nottingham this weekend could be epic if we could actually pull out a performance.  Roll Eyes
Ah ok. Without wanting to sound arrogant i'm not too worried to be honest. Scotland and Wales both seem to put in big performances but have trouble seeing out big games so I'd imagine it will be close whichever way the result goes. It's a huge advantage knowing that a bonus point puts us through. In the final stages if we're losing by 3 or 4 we don't have to force it and risk giving away possession.....at least I hope we're smart enough to realise that.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 26, 2011, 10:15:33 PM »

Just realised I will be in Nottingham this weekend could be epic if we could actually pull out a performance.  Roll Eyes

I've been giving all the Jocks some real shit on another forum I go on, gonna have to hide from there for a week if we lose as I'm gonna get it with both barrels  Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 10:31:56 PM by Woodsey » Logged
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 27, 2011, 08:43:07 AM »

Hate to moan having had such an incred WC from a betting and enjoyment point of view but George Clancy is really really taking the piss here.

Edit: He did balance things up somewhat with a bizarre failure to penalise USA appropriately at the scrum in the second half.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 09:41:12 AM by kukushkin88 » Logged
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 27, 2011, 09:21:50 AM »

weeeeeeeeeee, the 100% record survives.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 27, 2011, 09:34:11 AM »

SCOTLAND V ENGLAND PERMUTATIONS

If Scotland lose to England without a losing bonus point they are out of the World Cup
If Scotland lose to England with a losing bonus point and Argentina lose against Georgia without a bonus point, Scotland go through
If Scotland draw with England, they need Argentina to lose against Georgia
If Scotland beat England and Argentina fail to beat Georgia, England and Scotland go through
If Scotland and Argentina both win without a bonus point, it will come down to points difference between the three teams, though England are way out in front
If Scotland and Argentina win with bonus points and England do not earn a losing bonus point, England are out
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2011, 12:37:18 PM »

Anyone got any views on the Italy vs USA match tomorrow morning?

I think USA getting 22 at even money definitely represents value. It´s my second strongest bet of the group stages. 

Were you on?

Just wrote a long analysis of tomorrow´s game but deleted it as it sounded a bit too cocky/pretentious. Suffice to say I think they´ve got it wrong again tomorrow, I´m very keen on Georgia covering 8 points.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 27, 2011, 03:03:14 PM »

Yeh I backed USA on the handicap but didn't help much as I backed Japan outright to beat Canada.
I'll follow the Georgia bet. Keep posting your thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: