blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:51:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Venetian Deepstack Festival Package (Oct 28th-Nov 18th)* Updated*
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Venetian Deepstack Festival Package (Oct 28th-Nov 18th)* Updated*  (Read 52128 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: November 21, 2011, 01:52:32 PM »

Bank TX works best for me, Dom, but no rush.

Came to see you to wish you luck in the Biggie before I left for McCarron, but could not find you......the tikay bok never fails.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 21, 2011, 04:01:23 PM »

Would prefer Stars if possible pls Dom. (mal666)

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 21, 2011, 07:20:46 PM »

i'll take mine and Dan's in cash before you leave. lets do dinner tonight

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 21, 2011, 08:00:48 PM »

Well, the party is over, but I'd just like to thank Dom for the magnificent value, & fun, he has given us all with this little adventure.

I said to him a goodly while back that I'd always invest, he has a great game, & his Tourney Reports are so funny, & he did not disappoint. I wonder how many of them did NOT use the word "tilt"......well worth perusing them again if you have a quiet 10 minutes.

A perfect investment, to me, anyway. We got a whole bunch of Tourneys, to help a bit with variance, & he gave us a TR every time. Not a bad start, either, starting with that splendid win, straight off the 'plane, & we all made a few bob.

Great transparency & Admin, too - I think this is very important in a "long run" thing like this, we were given daily running totals, so we all knew where we stood. He stood firm, & fair, on the Rules, too, when being asked for extra %'s after the thing had begun.

Loved some of the lingo, too, used to describe the eclectic range of opponents - "net boys", "over 85" etc. A bit less of the ageism though.......Wink

On a personal note, big thanks to Dom for inspiring me to play better, & looking after me at the Tables out there. He failed, but his presence did help, & he was always ready with a wise word or two. Usually "shove". I'd have won that $1k Event if he had not been sat next to me, too......

I hope you do it again, Dom, either in another Venetian Deepie, some other "series", or even a little run @ the WSOP. Count me in.

PS - When Dom plays poker, it's a right good spectator sport, he don't half get revved up, but when in the wrong, he's always quick to apologise, like a proper bloke.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 21, 2011, 08:20:12 PM »

Cheers tikay, appreciate that. Smiley You had to listen to me vent and de-tilt far too often!

Def ned to chill out more at the tables, it's without doubt a leak in my personality that needs to be modified at the table, i'm far too easily wound up about trivial things.

Re-reading the tournie reports have helped me clarify this and i'm looking forward to if/when i next do something like this and basically seeing if i can change.

Sorry about the ageism in the reports too, non-young,non-old and neither young/old may have to be used in future.

Still pretty devved by yesterday and though i'd like to write it all up i'm gonna wait till i'm totally emotionless about it all.

Thanks so far to all peeps for saying yr preferred payment options, those that want paying via stars will have to take the same comish hit as those getting bank transfers, just wanted to clarify, so if yr dithering and wanna save on this then dollars might be yr best option.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 08:22:32 PM by Nico29 » Logged
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 21, 2011, 08:45:40 PM »

Cheers tikay, appreciate that. Smiley You had to listen to me vent and de-tilt far too often!

Def ned to chill out more at the tables, it's without doubt a leak in my personality that needs to be modified at the table, i'm far too easily wound up about trivial things.

Re-reading the tournie reports have helped me clarify this and i'm looking forward to if/when i next do something like this and basically seeing if i can change.

Sorry about the ageism in the reports too, non-young,non-old and neither young/old may have to be used in future.

Still pretty devved by yesterday and though i'd like to write it all up i'm gonna wait till i'm totally emotionless about it all.

Thanks so far to all peeps for saying yr preferred payment options, those that want paying via stars will have to take the same comish hit as those getting bank transfers, just wanted to clarify, so if yr dithering and wanna save on this then dollars might be yr best option.

If you're up at Dtd before end of December I'm happy to have it in $ cash (or if Tikay is happy to take my share and pass it on to me?). Otherwise happy to sweat the comish on $/£ by bank

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 21, 2011, 08:50:22 PM »

If you're up at Dtd before end of December I'm happy to have it in $ cash (or if Tikay is happy to take my share and pass it on to me?). Otherwise happy to sweat the comish on $/£ by bank

Am quite happy to do that, Simon, if Dom is agreeable. From what I saw of him at the tables, not many would describe him as "agreeable" though......

Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 21, 2011, 08:56:08 PM »

Stars please to Alverton.  Was a good sweat, gr8 tourney reports.
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: November 21, 2011, 08:58:46 PM »

$$$ cash please Dom - am out there myself in the new year.

Drop me a line when back settled and we'll meet for a drink.  Maybe GUKPT @ Vic?

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 21, 2011, 08:59:55 PM »

Congrats on the results Dom, run better next time  Tongue
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 21, 2011, 09:00:47 PM »

Yeah i'll be up at dtd for monte carlo if ppl would prefer dollars then that is totally fine.

Tikay when we shared a table it was you and mr socially naive book boy exchanging harsh glances more than any 'commotion' caused by me i believe!

I think as with you not nitting/spewing equity with ak due to sitting next to me, i think sharing a table with you kept me in line argument wise too! lol
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 21, 2011, 09:06:26 PM »

So far:

PAID
-------

Me- 35%-$7062=Paid cash

Sharplea-1%-$230
Paid cash at balance b4 main event

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total still to pay=$12,607

SuuPRlim/Dan Morgan-15%=$3027-$29 extra 1% main purchase=$2998=dollars

Tikay- 10%-$2018=bank

Skolsuper-10%-$2018=?

Redsimon-5%-$1009=bank/dollars

Simon Galloway-2.5%-$504=dollars/bank

Claypole-2.5%-$504=?

Craigbetts-2.5%-$504=?

Pleno1-2.5%-$504=stars/credit option

Moskvich -2%-$404=stars/bank/dollars

Pm'r=2%-$404=?

The Sicilian-2% $404-$280 Non paid=$124=?

paulhouk03-1%-$202=bank transfer

Sheriff Fatman-1%-$202=stars

TheChipPrince-1%- $202=bank transfer

Milligan84-1%-$202=stars if poss

Alverton-1%-$202=stars

Pokerfan-1%-$202=?

MC-1%-$202=?

JamieR-Host-1%-$202=dollars

« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 09:12:45 PM by Nico29 » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 21, 2011, 09:12:21 PM »

Yeah i'll be up at dtd for monte carlo if ppl would prefer dollars then that is totally fine.

Tikay when we shared a table it was you and mr socially naive book boy exchanging harsh glances more than any 'commotion' caused by me i believe!

I think as with you not nitting/spewing equity with ak due to sitting next to me, i think sharing a table with you kept me in line argument wise too! lol

For those wondering.......

We shared a Table with a most peculiar chap.

Headphones on, & he was reading his book throughout - abso fine. But he never took his nose out of it, even when playing a hand. He sets a fella all-in, "on their backs" says Mr Dealer, & still Book Boy does not look up, never even looked to see what the other guy had, or the board, just kept reading, when the hand was over, he just reached out with his other hand & pulled in his chips. Still reading his book......

So, he & I tangle. Badly, as it happens, my A-K into his Kings.

Somewhere between the 4 bet & the 5 bet, I need to assess his stack size relative to mine. I am in Seat 4, Dom in 5, Book Boy in 7, or thereabouts, so I am "looking down the line" at his stack, & I don't know if he has one stack, or two, from my angle.

"Do you have any blues?" ("Blues" were the 5k denoms).

Silence.

"Do you have any blues, mate?"

More silence, headphones on, nose in book, did he hear me?

"DO YOU HAVE ANY BLUES?"

Still no response, nothing, but the dealer gives me the answer.

We run the hand, I double him up, & a few deadeyes are exchanged.

"I just needed to know how many chips you had mate".

"I don't have to answer".

"Lovely, have a nice day".

Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 21, 2011, 09:16:49 PM »

Stars please to Alverton.  Was a good sweat, gr8 tourney reports.

Cool, and ty mate, appreciate if ppl enjoyed the reports, makes it all feel worthwile. Smiley

$$$ cash please Dom - am out there myself in the new year.

Drop me a line when back settled and we'll meet for a drink.  Maybe GUKPT @ Vic?

Will do, gukpt sounds perfect.

Congrats on the results Dom, run better next time  Tongue

Ty monda.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 21, 2011, 10:02:51 PM »

people really tilt me with the "how much are you playing", "I DONT HAVE TO TELL YOU"

well no you don't technically, but you could get some fucking manners and not just ignore me.

sick work Dom

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: