blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:15:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  GUKPT Main Event Coventry Staking **** SOLD OUT ****
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUKPT Main Event Coventry Staking **** SOLD OUT ****  (Read 9489 times)
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2011, 08:12:37 PM »

rest.  stars ok?

Cheers Dom booked stars fine.        Raisingh3ll

5prc yeah?

will ship in sec
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2011, 08:21:37 PM »

Can you confirm you received mine Dean, thanks.

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2011, 08:22:55 PM »

By my maths i've bought the last 5 percent.

Also wldnt let me send in pounds to yr account.

Have sent in equivalent dollars from dreamfinder.

GLGLGLGLLGL matey.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2011, 08:26:57 PM »

Can you confirm you received mine Dean, thanks.

Confirmed...looks like all monies in ...many thanks and Gluck us

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2011, 09:51:26 AM »

Ok Guys

OP updated all monies received except Vinnyalike who I shall see on the day...

Made 4th Straight Luton G final last night £50-£100 MTT 30-75 runnners.. so playing well and running resonable so fingers crossed we can do some kind of bink..will write up a tourney report whatever happens ( you know you love em' )

So good luck us..thanks for the faith guys..

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2011, 09:57:09 AM »

You're awesome.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2011, 09:59:28 AM »

You're awesome.

Hey Buddeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..... i think you may be right

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2011, 10:23:07 AM »

Grats on four str8 finals at the G, that's amazing. Up there with Greg Raymer's main event achievements those two years. Well done.

What's it like to run like MDD x infinity?

How's it feel to take a day and a half longer to sell out than Celtic?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 10:37:16 AM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2011, 10:45:11 AM »

Ha, you mean you ran like MDD x infinity and still didn't TIF with the MOF?

How's it feel to take a day and a half longer to sell out than Celtic?

Everyone knows Celtic is like some poker evangelist... people just line up to give him money..he could put please stake me into becoming the next Mr slim-universe and people would be falling over themselves to hand over the dosh... + his way more popular than me ( you know how that works right ? )

So its an honour to sell out behind him... obv you have now induced the poker gods to let me run like bolt and take Coventry down with the MOF... as I said to you last night.. imagine how unbearable I would be if I won... i'd have to put the Samaritans on standby for you...I would post you copies of Card Player with my beaming, mocking face a' la Dave Johnson every two weeks until you curled into a foetal ball crying for the Lord to end your misery...sigh..better than winning euro millions IMO

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2011, 12:11:07 PM »

Update: ok we made it through to day 2 with 27K. Was card dead all day had 1pair of queens and a couple of AK. Ducked and dived for 9 hours on a tough table. Playing well just need to find spots and double

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2011, 12:24:26 PM »

Good luck Dean, knew you'd not let me down.

Is Vinny still in?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2011, 11:10:21 PM »

Ok Guys ..Just got back from Coventry... Slight mixed emotions..quite disappointed not to cash but played pretty much as well as I could under the circumstances.

Card dead from the off 1 pair of queens and 4 Ak's in 12 hours of play.

Ground it for my life and spent day one ducking and diving to keep myself around average.. highlights being floating and soul reading an interwhizz kid with 10 3 off showing him and watch him go a sickly shade.

Day two was like day one  first six hands 92 82 62 32 42 72... finally pick up AQ v Mr Phan open and 3 bet his short stack..run into AK..K and Q on the flop was just a rub IMO... put me to 14k 600-1200 and get moved to table trigg whose playing fantastic and getting cards..get two good shoves in to build a little and peel a late open with position  with 56 SS..flop is dry with a 6 and call the inevitable follow through..turn two pair and double up to the flush draw shove which misses... bide my time and finally wake up with AK to a Skalie open who makes the call with AJ and I hold..

Then Kimber and Grafton get moved to our table and i have kimber,grafton,trigg and Skalie all to my left all with chips all getting cards and all playing well... Sigh it was a nightmare.Trying to get a steal raise through that lot was like taking on a chieftan tank armed with a wet towel dressed in a girls nightie. Every hand was a raise a 3 bet or a 4 bet. This was no luton donkament where a 3 bet meant Aces. I just had to wait for spots or hope to finally pick up a hand.

I tangled with Grafton and Trigg separately..even having the audacity to float Trigg whilst staring down the Barrel of a 300,000 stack... but he sniffed me out and I lost the minimum to Grafton on an ace high flop with A 10 v AQ ( think most do there stack here, I managed half lol )

I finally found a spot with Grafton opening as usual before Trigg could get in and a flat behind him from one of the 'One Way Poker ' boys who seemed to want to get into pots with the big stacks with position with very marginal holdings...not a brilliant plan IMO... i sniffed a 3 bet shove opening knowing Grafton was opening light and the other guy was calling even lighter...i shipped with KJ SS only to run slap into Graftons Aces...it was to say the least a frustrating end.

I think i done as much as possible given the horrific table draw and no weapons... the other two tables were very passive compared and with a seat on one of these i feel chips would have been available...but OP to monster stacks controlled by some of the best around was  almost an impossible task...

So 24th of 145...we had a good run..

Thanks for the faith guys...maybe next time....

Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2011, 11:44:21 PM »

Great effort wp

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2011, 12:00:49 AM »

Great effort wp

Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2011, 10:14:34 PM »

Superb report especially the line:

"Trying to get a steal raise through that lot was like taking on a chieftan tank armed with a wet towel dressed in a girls nightie."

Sounds like you played well buddy, thanks for the sweat and run good due next time.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: