blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:10:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Squashed up spot
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Squashed up spot  (Read 2185 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 07:59:58 AM »

wow, never folding.

this was my initial thoughts.

I ended up making a game situ based decision, I was winning decent + the game was close to breaking and I was tired which made a big difference + I was a bit worried the other guy had AK also and we were gonna get in each others way

Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 09:51:25 PM »

I did end up folding, even though I would have happily laid anyone 3-1 the Chinese guy had a worse hand, I was well aware I'd have to c/f the turn prolly (even though I think he might give up bluffing a decent chunk OTT) and I was also worried that Nhog had the same hand and we'd end up treading on each others toes and if anyone was likely to make a bad fold on later streets it was me.

Even still i'm ~90% certain the Chinese man was bluffing

Now you've stated this read on the Chinese man (presumably some ninja-style live tell/gut feeling/spidey sense?), I am going to change my advice from fold to call.

Don't worry about Nhog. If he is a good player then it is almost impossible for him to overcall with the same hand as you have. Your cold call is going to look sick strong to him. So if he continues in the hand in any way you don't need to put any more money in the pot.

You'll have to play the streets with the Chinese man, but if you really are 90% sure of your read then this becomes a lovely +EV bluff catching spot.
Mondeoman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2011, 06:52:00 PM »

4 bet pre and try and get the reg to fold and get hu with Mr Chinaman.  When you 4 bet your line will look super strong to the reg so he wont mess with you and could fold out a lot of hands that he was 3 betting for value.  Then when you see the flop you can comfortably get in v mr chinaman as stack to pot ratios are now good for this.

Readless as played im not folding the flop - again when you overcall the reg will not mess with you as your hand looks super strong.  Considering your read is chinaman is probably bluffing then you have to call and reavulate the turn.  Its pretty hard for chinese dude to have a 9 that hes cold calling with so i can't see much youre losing to.  Chinaman may have a hand like Ax and be raising the flop for "info" as fish sometimes do so its not as you'll always be faced with tough turn and river decisions.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2011, 07:42:41 PM »

4 bet pre and try and get the reg to fold and get hu with Mr Chinaman.  When you 4 bet your line will look super strong to the reg so he wont mess with you and could fold out a lot of hands that he was 3 betting for value.  Then when you see the flop you can comfortably get in v mr chinaman as stack to pot ratios are now good for this.

Readless as played im not folding the flop - again when you overcall the reg will not mess with you as your hand looks super strong.  Considering your read is chinaman is probably bluffing then you have to call and reavulate the turn.  Its pretty hard for chinese dude to have a 9 that hes cold calling with so i can't see much youre losing to.  Chinaman may have a hand like Ax and be raising the flop for "info" as fish sometimes do so its not as you'll always be faced with tough turn and river decisions.

agree 100%. good post

Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2011, 01:00:38 AM »

trivial fold imo.

I'm stunned you think that.

Given you say this suuPRlim:

but has really clung onto hands post flop

surely we should flat the flop and let him value own himself? If he has a 9 so be it as there shouldn't be any in his range?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2011, 01:19:55 AM »

clinging on is a lot different to what he is doing now

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2011, 10:10:39 AM »

clinging on is a lot different to what he is doing now

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: