blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:02:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Squashed up spot
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Squashed up spot  (Read 2187 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2011, 12:05:33 PM »

found myself today in a small pickle, wonder what everyone thinks

$10/$20 NL - the game has gone kind of nutso in the last hour, mainly due to one guy who plays every hand, and another chinese guy who just sat down with $10k and appears to be playing with his face (but we dont know 100%)

I open to $120 UTG with  playing around $20k

UTG2, a pretty solid, kinda tight but more than capable reg 3bets to $440 playing around $15k

Chinese man overcalls playing $11k~ I elect to call also.

Flop ($1,350) 

I chk, UTG2 bets $600, chinese man makes it $1,500 after less than 5 seconds thought.

Anyone got idea how we move on from this point?

Some info i have:

My image is pretty lose, but the UTG2 reg will defo give my 6x UTG opens a decent amount of respect because he knows i know the two fish are very likely to be calling close to any hand they've been dealt, we also both know that any 3bet is still likely to be peeled behind in AT LEAST one spot by one of the two guys and we also both know that if he 3bets and gets called cold, i will be calling near on 100%. Basically we both know each other have strong hands, but can be slightly wider than premium for sure.

Chinese man, is a bit of an unknown entity at this stage, he doesnt appear to be completely wild/stationy pre-flop, but has really clung onto hands post flop, we've also seen very few showdowns but tons of call call fold etc type lines SUGGESTING that he is pretty loose-passive. one really crucial hand in a single raised pot where the board was 55Q and he chk/raised a $220 bet to $900 and everyone folded, I have no idea if he was bluffing or not but the two decent regs in that pot folded very quickly so it suggests they prolly didnt think so...

Given we're ridiculous deep and have pretty limited reads/info, what you all doing?

piestack

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 01:55:45 PM »

i would first wonder why there are 2  and if i hit the backdoor will it still count as the nut nut flush

would probably just fold as vs passive people you aren't gonna be a head very often
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 02:12:48 PM »

trivial fold imo.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 05:18:41 PM »

Has the Chinese guy overcalled from the blinds? or are we OOP to him? Seems like a fairly comfortable fold either way, definately if OOP to the Chinese guy.... if IP it's a pretty gross spot still, doesn't seem like the kind of board texture a 'less competant' player would raise with hands like  etc. Just seems like more of a fold the more i think about it... also seems like a spot i'd be calling in far too often and a pretty common leaky guessy spewy spot.

I assume you folded, as did UTG2?
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 11:12:56 PM »

The most strange thing about this hand I think is his difference in c/r sizing between the 55Q board and this one. Kinda makes me inclined to think that he has it more often with this sizing than he does when he makes the c/r huge.

Which ace of spades his the incorrect one kinda makes a difference too.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 01:13:03 PM »

is on the flop i have a random AK.

Chinese guy overcalls the cutoff

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 03:37:22 PM »

I just fold these spots, who was the reg?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 03:39:30 PM »

if we have 98s?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 04:51:51 PM »

I just fold these spots, who was the reg?

Nhog Pham

Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 09:47:12 AM »

IMO being able to fold these sort of icky spots is crucial when playing super deep. Learning to recognise when a spot is icky is actually not that hard. Having the discipline to avoid that spot by remembering to fold is much harder though.

This hand is a clear example of equity not being the same as EV. We have enough equity against their ranges to continue... if the betting was to end right now. But unfortunately this is not the case; there are more streets of betting to come, and we are OOP and deep.

Not that I ever would do so in practice, but it could even be argued that folding preflop to the 3bet is best... that's how crap it is to play OOP vs a competent opponent when very deep. I know that your first reaction is going to be "wtf?!!" when you read this last bit, and I don't really and truly believe that you should fold AK here at all (esp with the presence of a presumed weak player in the hand too). I am just making a point about how it is super tough to make a profit in this sort of spot even with a hand as strong as AKo.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 11:29:45 AM by Honeybadger » Logged
absolutefish

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 10:01:52 AM »

I'm folding flop and thanking the chinese dude for making it easy for us.

FWIW, we are never beaten here by the reg.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 10:46:55 AM »

if we have 98s?

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 07:02:49 PM »

Not that I ever would do so in practice, but it could even be argued that folding preflop to the 3bet is best...

I think the opportunity to play any good hand vs this Chinese man in or out of position for $320 shouldn't be turned down, I think it's safe to say i'd be peeling 100% of the hands I opened here for sure. Get what you mean though, you realize your equity pretty infrequently and its gonna be a lot easier to make a mistake than play perfectly post flop

if we have 98s?

I would call, and continue to call until all the betting has finished. some people might say AK and 89 are the same but they are not here imo

I did end up folding, even though I would have happily laid anyone 3-1 the Chinese guy had a worse hand, I was well aware I'd have to c/f the turn prolly (even though I think he might give up bluffing a decent chunk OTT) and I was also worried that Nhog had the same hand and we'd end up treading on each others toes and if anyone was likely to make a bad fold on later streets it was me.

Even still i'm ~90% certain the Chinese man was bluffing

Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 10:16:18 PM »

wow, never folding.

@whollyflush on twitter
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2011, 12:04:00 AM »

Don't like the spot

But top top vs Chinese guy!